Jo Travers BSc RD (The London Nutritionist)
1 Harley Street
45 Central Street
07540305699 / 07540305699
Nutritionist in London, Jo Travers is a dietitian with a First Class BSc (Hons) degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, registered with the Health Care Professions Council and the British Dietetic Association.
Her experience in the field includes time working in Kingston, Wandsworth, and The Royal Free Hospital NHS Trusts; and four years in private practice. She is also the author of two recipe books.
Sessions are usually 50 minutes depending on your personal therapy needs.
I will assess your anthropometry such as weight and body mass index; your current, previous and family history of medical conditions; and your lifestyle. Prior to our first meeting, I may ask you to keep a diet and activity diary to help establish your current situation.
Follow-up sessions will be booked according to individual requirements with support offered via telephone and email between appointments.
I offer a professional, confidential, evidenced-based service that provides individual advice to meet your personal situation and requirements, whether that is weight management; pre-conception, pregnancy and infant nutrition; childhood nutrition including fussy eating, overweight & behavioural problems; a specific diet plan to manage a medical condition such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and its associated stress; low energy; or sports nutrition for optimum performance.
The science of nutrition looks at the provision of necessary nutrients to the body to support life, health and growth. Many common health problems can be prevented, managed and improved with a healthy diet and lifestyle. However, eating and our relationships with food are individual, emotive and often far from scientific, therefore an approach tailored to each client achieves better results more quickly.
Training, qualifications & experience
Jo Travers is a dietitian registered with the Health Professions Council and The British Dietetic Association, with a First Class BSc (Hons) degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics.
Her experience in the field includes time working in Kingston, Wandsworth, and The Royal Free Hospital NHS Trusts; and four years in private practice.
She is also the author of two recipe books.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Sports nutrition
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Consultation (50mins) £150
- 7-day meal plan £150
- Small ways to get your eating on track after the festive season
- Vegetarian Sources Of Iron For Your Baby
- Five things you can do today to help boost your energy levels
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Please see my availability calendar on my website.