Deborah Warner RNutr. BSc (Hons). MSc.
With specialist research in gut health, weight control, optimising diet during illness, diet and mental health conditions, sleep & stress, blood sugar control and genetic analysis for personalised nutrition.
I believe we should spend as much time, money and energy on taking care of the inside of our bodies as we do on the appearance of the outside of our bodies. People seek nutritional advice for a variety of reasons; whether to manage an existing condition and be as healthy as they can be within the parameters of that condition, to address possible diet related symptoms such as bloating, improve sleep problems and stress, or to take control of their weight and health.
I provide 'personalised' nutrition planning and education, I don’t hand out ‘one-size-fits-all’ diet sheets. There is no point in giving people a diet to follow that is not sustainable for them or right for their own body. Taking back control often isn’t a quick fix, and only works when you are ready to make it work, but it doesn’t have to involve immediate and dramatic changes to your cooking habits, diet and lifestyle. In fact, this approach usually doesn’t work because there is always an excuse to ‘put it off until…'
I don’t sell products or supplements, so this means my advice is not based on a desire to profit from product sales. My advice is impartial and derived from evidence based science only and not the latest celebrity or social media fads. My mission is to help you to feel fabulous from the inside out, to find your own personal balance. This balance is very different from person to person based on their genetics, environment, lifestyle and the resulting way in which they absorb and metabolise nutrients.
Where appropriate, I can run non-invasive tests to determine any deficiencies, genetic pre-dispositions to nutrient metabolism and bioelectrical impedance analysis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) - Association for Nutrition - Nutrition Scientist and Public Health Nutritionist; "Protecting the public and promoting high standards in evidence-based science and professional practice of nutrition"
- BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition (First Class)
- MSc Genomic Medicine - University of Birmingham
- Associate lecturer in Human Nutrition at University of Worcester
- Corporate presenter on topics of Human Nutrition for health and well-being
- CPD's at Royal Society of Medicine; Roles of sleep and circadian rhythms in the origin and nutritional management of obesity and metabolic disease; Female health and performance; Nutrition myths and controversies; Diet, nutrition and the changing face of cancer survivorship; Diet and Weight, impact on mental health and psychological wellbeing
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
First consultation, including pre-appointment assessment, around one hour - £70
Follow-up appointments, usually 45 minutes - £40
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekdays only 9am until 5pm with some late evenings. Please enquire for availability.