Dalbinder Bains BANT MNIMH
I am a very experienced BANT Registered Nutritional Therapist and Medical Herbalist (MNIMH). Two specialisms that work very well together. I am particularly interested in gastrointestinal health but also experienced in working with a wide range of chronic health issues especially hormonal issues.
As a Therapist I work using functional medicine guidelines trying to get to the root cause of your illness. I use my knowledge of food and plant medicines and their therapeutic applications to promote health and relieve illness, alongside my training with food, diet and supplements. I take a truly holistic approach to treating patients, looking at the underlying causes of the illness and not just the symptoms, and will prescribe herbal remedies to be used alongside other treatments and medicines. I can also work alongside your Doctor or Consultant.
In world where the internet can be our "DR" I support client by guiding them with the information that will have the most impact when working towards their health aims, along with a protocol that is doable and sustainable. I am a realist and appreciate that if it was easy we would all have the health we wish for!! It is important that my clients realise that in order to nourish our bodies we have to work at many levels. I truly practice a lifestyle medicine approach and appreciate that stress needs to be addressed therefore additional stress with unachievable objectives is not the way to go!
I teach with the College of Natural Medicine (CNM) in Manchester, so continually keep my knowledge up to date in this rapidly expanding field and am privileged to work with Sunflowers and Penny Brohn two amazing charities within the Northwest.
I now practice in 2 clinics in Liverpool and have left my Manchester clinic after 12 years, I am happy to speak with clients to talk through ways we can work together via Zoom and Skype. I Love educating all about health and regularly hold seminars and undertake group and corporate work.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Herbal Medicine (NIMH)- Full member of the national institute of herbal medicine.
FdSc Nutrition with ION Richmond and full member of BANT (British Association of Nutritional Therapists.
Training with Patrick Holford ZEST4LIFE weightloss. (www.zest4life.eu)
Certified GAPS practitioner - training with Dr Natasha McBride.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I charge hourly rates vary from £95 - £150
I have several packages that offer substantial discounts fro follow on treatments.
Prices for supplements, herbal medicine and functional tests vary. Prices on application.
Dalbinder designs personalised/ bespoke programmes for clients looking to:
- achieve sustainable weightloss - realistic, achievable and supportive guidance.
- achieve optimal health/ preventative programmes & wellbeing advice.
- naturally lower cholesterol levels,
- improve a range of health problems associated with our modern diet and pressures of modern life
- achieve improved energy levels,
- achieve a good night's rest.
- balance hormones - whether you are 14 or 40!
Dalbinder can recommend and arrange functional/laboratory tests if required to check for deficiencies, imbalances or intolerances, plus safe and effective supplements where applicable.
She ensures that her advice and programme can be used alongside any other healthcare professionals and she is happy to work with your GP or other health professionals.
Dalbinder offers 1-2-1 consultations, weight-management coaching, and group weight-management nutrition-based programmes.
She recommends a minimum of 3 sessions in most cases to support changes and to work towards achieving lasting change.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I practice most Fridays at the Physio centre but do do other days on request. I also can do evening appointments. I am at Sunflowers most Wednesdays 10 - 4 pm