Sian Porter Dietitian MSc(Econ) BSc(HONS) RD MBDA hcpc reg
I am a Dietitian with over 20 years experience who believes that eating well is the cornerstone of being and staying healthy whatever your age. As a busy working mum I appreciate the challenges modern living brings and offer individual, evidence based, tailor-made advice to fit your health needs and lifestyle. Changing your diet can improve your energy levels, health, wellbeing and treatment response.
Working in the media and as a spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association I regularly appear in newspapers, magazines, TV and radio commenting on a wide variety of nutrition topics and health stories. I have worked on The Food Hospital (C4), Britain's Favourite Supermarket Foods (BBC1), all the national news channels, The One Show and Country File.
I can provide:
- Confidential & private consultations
- Detailed analysis of your diet (your eating pattern and food and drink consumed) and nutrient intake
- Individual, tailor-made action plan for you and your lifestyle
- Education, help, advice, practical tips, menus and meal plans
in the following areas:
- Healthy eating advice
- Diet review
- Weight management
- Heart health/cholesterol/high blood pressure
- Food Intolerances
- Special Diets including Coeliac Disease, diabetes
- Digestive problems including indigestions, IBS, IBD,
- Chronic Fatigue
- Family: Meals, lifestyle,
- Food labels, supermarket tour, eating out
- Children: Weaning, Fussy Eating,
- Bone health/ Osteoporosis
If you have other dietary issues not listed here, please contact Sian to discuss.
Before the first consultation, I will provide a health questionnaire and food diary for you to complete prior to your appointment.
An initial consultation typically lasts 60 minutes, and in this time I will ask detailed questions about your current and past health, lifestyle, weight, diet and any food related problems. From this and the information provided in advance, I will evaluate your individual needs, give advice and develop a personalised, safe and effective nutrition and lifestyle programme which is right for you with realistic and achievable goals.
Follow up consultations are generally after four weeks in order to monitor progress and make any necessary adjustments. Follow-up sessions usually last for 30 minutes. A phone or Skype follow up is possible too. One follow up is the norm but further follow-ups may be required depending on each individual situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Nutrition
MSc Health Economics
Spokesperson for The British Dietetic Association
Over 20 years experience including NHS, public health, private practice and media.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Available on request.
I regularly write for various publications including national newspapers, am interviewed on the radio and am involved in TV programmes.
I consult for the food industry and current clients include The British Fruit Juice Association (speaking at conferences; attending round table meetings; fact checking), The Weetabix Food Company(nutrition resource across the business). When I am commenting or involved in this capacity it is clearly flagged and in the public domain. If approached by the media or any other body on a related topic I disclose any conflict of interest.
Across all my work I work under the HCPC dietitians code of professional conduct, which ensures I act 'safely, responsibly and legally' and don’t ‘convey any information that is false, fraudulent, deceptive or untrue’.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am very flexible with appointment times and can arrange them for day time or evenings, weekdays and Saturday mornings. it is also possible to see clients in London.