Dr Laura Wyness (PhD, MSc, BSc, RNutr)
I am a Registered Nutritionist with considerable professional experience, and you can be confident that the advice you get is trustworthy and based on the latest accurate scientific information.
If you want to lose weight, eat healthier or get nutritional advice specific to your needs, contact me for a one-to-one consultation. Whether it is nutrition around pregnancy, healthy vegetarian diets or key nutrients for older adults, I can help you get the most out of your food. All of my advice is practical, easy to understand and evidence-based.
Consultations are arranged to suit you:
- Via Skype, FaceTime or Phone
- Face-to-face with individuals in Edinburgh or the surrounding area.
An initial consultation of up to 60 minutes will explore your previous and current diet and lifestyle, your current weight and any diet or food related issues you may have. I will provide you with advice tailored to your specific needs, and help you set goals that are realistic and achievable. You will benefit from a personalised plan that matches your individual requirements and will be given the right information and advice to ensure you maintain your goals once you have achieved them.
Follow-up consultations last up to 30 minutes, depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since completing my doctoral degree at the University of Aberdeen in 2006 I have worked in a variety of positions within research, policy and nutrition communications.
My areas of expertise include diet around pregnancy and early years nutrition, weight loss and maintenance and healthy eating for older adults.
- PhD in Public Health Nutrition
- MSc Health Services Research and Public Health (Distinction)
- BSc Health Sciences (Health and Nutrition)
- I am a Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition - the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) (http://www.associationfornutrition.org)
- Member of the Nutrition Society (https://www.nutritionsociety.org)
- Member of Sense (www.sense-nutrition.org.uk)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial consultation (1 hour) £60
Follow-up consultations (30 minutes) £40
As well as offering one-to-one advice for individuals, I have experience in nutrition research and communications. Through working with industry, charities and policy makers I have considerable research experience and expertise in many areas of nutrition. I offer a range of services to support food industry and media (please see my website www.laurawyness.com for further details).
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I am available for consultations during normal business hours and some evenings/weekends - Just ask!