Ailsa Hichens BA (Hons) Dip ION BANT CNHC
Hello, I’m Ailsa, a Registered Nutritional Therapist & Health Coach, and I specialise in fixing wonky lady hormones. Mostly that means helping my clients lose weight EVEN IF they've already tried everything, improve their digestion, and get their glow back – without deprivation or hard work. And I work closely with Simply Fertility to help couples boost their chances of getting pregnant naturally or increasing their chance of IVF success.
I do this by reconnecting my clients with good nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits, and by coaching them through the barriers that have held them back or kept them stuck in the past. I see clients in my Chelmsford clinic or online via Skype/ Zoom.
I also run a corporate nutrition and employee wellness programmes.
Quite often, when my clients first come to see me they have already tried ‘everything’ to sort out for themselves what is bothering them. Sometimes that means they’ve been to their GP and been told that everything looks ‘normal’ or they’ve spent thousands in slimming groups or having tried every diet under the sun only to have put most or all of the weight back on. Sometimes they are just a bit baffled by what they should be eating or they know what they are supposed to be eating but don’t seem to be able to stick to it for more than a few weeks.
If you’re looking for someone to tell you exactly what you need to know (that’s the nutritional therapy part, based on the latest scientific evidence) and how to put it into practice in your own life in a meaningful way AND offer motivational support to ensure you keep getting results (that’s the health coaching bit), you’ve come to the right place.
I'll help you...
- Lose weight - even that difficult-to-shift weight around your middle
- Transform your relationship with food
- Reduce the symptoms of many hormonal conditions (no more crazy hormone lady)
- Say goodbye to tummy troubles
- Boost your fertility naturally (or support an IVF or other assisted cycle)
- Get more energy than you thought were possible
- Improve your sleep
- Feel back in control of your life
- Get back to the person you used to be- only better
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A NUTRITION & HEALTH COACHING CONSULTATION
Knowing what you should be doing is only part of the problem if you are unhappy with an aspect of your health. Staying motivated is the hardest part of any plan. The single best way to stay in the zone is to have a coach who can give you a nudge or call you out if you start to go off piste. I’d say this is the single biggest thing that makes the difference between reaching your goal and actually staying there. That’s where health coaching comes in. It keeps you accountable will ensure all that good work doesn’t go to waste.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A NUTRITION CONSULTATION?
Your first consultation will last up to 90 minutes. I'll ask you to complete and send back a nutritional therapy questionnaire before you visit. During the session, we’ll go into your medical history, your health goals and any other challenges you’re facing, what you generally eat, what you like to eat, what you hate to eat and how you have to eat (on the bus, in a rush at your desk, and so on). There’s no judgement and anything you share with me is confidential.
I work in programmes that run over 10-12 weeks rather than one-off sessions. This is because it is rarely helpful for anyone to leave without the knowledge that they have at least 3 sessions in place to help them implement the programme, make changes at a pace that suits them, and to deal with any challenges or questions that come up along the way.
If you're not sure whether my approach is right for you, book a FREE mini consultation with me. You can tell me a little bit about what is going on for you and I can give you some tips you can put into practice right away. You can book your free call through my website www.foodfabulous.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training, qualifications & experience
Dip ION Diploma in Nutritional Therapy with distinction at the renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition.
I am the main nutrition tutor for the Health Coach Association in South Africa.
I am a zest4life Business Coach and Mentor to other nutrition professionals, helping them share their genius.
I also attend regular professional seminars to keep up to date with the latest scientific research in my specialist areas, which enhances my clinical skills.
I have extensive personal experience in catering for special diets, especially gluten or dairy-free.
Registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT).
Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the regulatory body.
Featured in Ideal Home magazine, BBC Radio Essex and WatchFit.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Nutritional therapy combined with coaching is a very personal approach. Your previous medical history, and any current symptoms as well as what you like and don’t like, not to mention your personal circumstances are really important when I make a plan for you. It is personalised just for you. That takes both time and skill. You could download something from the internet – if you knew what you were looking for – but it is not the same.
My programmes run over 10-12 weeks. This is because it is rarely helpful for anyone to leave without the knowledge that they have at least 3 sessions in place to help them implement the programme, make changes at a pace that suits them, and to deal with any challenges or questions that come up along the way. They usually include the following elements:
- An in-depth health and lifestyle assessment – with consideration of your symptoms, medical history, lifestyle, genetic influences and stress levels
- Food diary analysis
- A health overview to create an understanding of the contributing factors of your health issues to help you realise how to manage them
- A personalised nutrition and supplement plan
- Current medication and nutrients interaction evaluation (when applicable)
- Recommendation of clinical testing when necessary to help uncover underlying imbalances that may be contributing to your condition (testing is an additional cost) and clinical test interpretation when applicable
- Meal and recipe planning support
- Your healthy eating shopping list
- Email support as required
SKYPE/ ZOOM CONSULTATIONS also available
GROUP TALKS AND WORKSHOPS – call for details
CORPORATE PRESENTATIONS – call for details
Card and Paypal payments accepted
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Mondays and Fridays in Springfield, Chelmsford. Wednesdays in Moulsham, Chelmsford. Other days and evenings, by arrangement