Cristiano Percoco BSc (Hons) Clinical Nutritional Therapist
Your health is the best investment you will ever make.
Hi and thank you for visiting my profile. I very much appreciate your time and I respect the fact you are looking for a solution to your problem/s.
My original passion and then expertise in Nutrition came from my own journey out of serious illness many years ago. I was able to recover by adjusting my diet and life style. My personal journey made me believe that our physical and emotional bodies can regain optimal health, if we do the right thing. Today I am the best and healthiest me ever existed.
Health is not the absence of disease, but rather a wonderful and magic state of being. Health is supreme vitality, strength, joy, prosperity, harmony and abundance. It is an extraordinary experience that involves all your senses at a higher level.
Here to help you, whichever your health concern!
I have specialized in:
- Gastrointestinal complains
- Brain health
- Weight management
- Auto-immune diseases
- Male and Female hormonal issues
- Sport performance
- Skin health
- "Metabolic Syndrome"
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Health Sciences, Nutritional Therapy, using the Functional Medicine model
- SIBO, BANT webinar
- The Practical Approach To Neuropsychiatric Conditions - Part 1 & 2
- How to retrain your appetite, BANT webinar
- Digestion in Practice, BioCare
- Functional Approach to Sport Nutrition
- NLP accredited Practitioner & Life Coach
- Year 1 Psychoneuroimmunology
- NTEC certification for the application of Nutrition during and after cancer treatment
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Gut-Brain link & Genetics of AD
- Nutrigenomic in practice
- Nutrigenomic: Bridging the gap, Part 1 & 2
- Nutrigenomic: A new approach to Health & Performance, Nutritional Genomic, Detoxificatioin
- The case of PCOS
- Treatment and Management of Autoimmune Conditions: Genetics and Epigenetics of Autoimmunity
- Inflammation: The Role of Epigenetics and Gene Expression
- Sport Nutrition Live: Nutritional physiology & the gut; Nucleotides & Performance; Nutritional strategies for the Tour de France riders; Metabolic & nutritional requirements of elite rugby; Strategies to recover from exercise
- Nutrigenomics Influences on the Liver Detoxification
- Nutrigenomics and Fat Sensitivity
- Advanced Nutrition Management of Chronic Immune Conditions
- Sport Nutrition Live: Ergogenic Aids & Vitamin D in Sport / Bio-individuality / Functional Medicine Assessment
These different disciplines facilitate the understanding of possible biochemical imbalances in my clients’ physical or mental conditions and guide me to determine individualized nutrition and lifestyle solutions for every case.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
I offer 15 minutes free initial consultation over the phone.
Please get in touch directly for information about my fees.
I also offer discounts when booking a set of three or five consultations.
10% discount for video or phone consultations.
I practice in Central London and Bournemouth, or I home visit whenever needed.
I use functional and DNA testing in complex cases.
Some supplementation might be needed at a discounted rate.
Before your first appointment you need to complete a questionnaire, which includes your health goals, a comprehensive health and medical screen and a three days food and symptom diary. This should ideally be emailed back to me prior your initial appointment. The more I know the better I may be able to guide your own body’s return to health.
After this preliminary examination, we will discuss the most appropriate dietary and life style interventions to suit your needs and health goals.
Nutritional Therapy is not a quick fix, but a journey of self discovery and it may take some time to regain optimum health. I understand that changes, for any part of life, are always hard to embrace, but I believe that with the right tools, mind set and attitude, impossible things may become possible.
You won't be left alone on your journey. We will work together as a team, which means you can contact me via email in between consultations for any burning questions or if you need to share new insights. I will also reach out to you, on a regular basis, in order to check-in on your progresses. I want you to succeed in pursuing your health objectives.