Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
ABOUT OUR CLINIC
My approach involves supporting our clients using evidence-based nutritional medicine, lifestyle interventions, testing and supplements (where appropriate) to restore balance and health.
I love working with people and help them figure out the root cause(s) behind their symptoms and condition(s). I do the detective work so they can understand their body better, finally connect the dots of their health puzzle and understand why they developed symptoms and disease in the first place.
I am a registered nutritionist mBANT and functional medicine practitioner with a real passion for the immune system and gut health. I love working with people with autoimmune disease and chronic and/or unexplained symptoms.
My journey in healthcare began many years before I trained in nutrition and functional medicine. I can completely relate to what it is like to not feel yourself, going from one doctor to the next looking for answers and being told that there is nothing wrong, or being given a diagnosis (sometimes incorrect!) and being left with little to no support. This is not good enough.
I feel strongly about not only helping people gain a better understanding of their body but enabling them to take an active role in their healthcare in order to get better.
I practice nutritional therapy and functional medicine.
While conventional medicine focuses primarily on diagnosing a disease and how to manage symptoms as the disease progresses, functional medicine takes a step back and a more holistic view. Functional medicine looks for underlying imbalances and dysfunctions in the body which may have caused the symptom or disease in the first place, and aims to restore balance and health.
Every person is genetically and biochemically unique so treatment should be just as individual.
There is no one-size-fits-all protocol, so even if you and a friend have the same symptoms or condition you are unlikely to get the same treatment plan.
- You can email, or call me directly on 020 3886 1339.
CONDITIONS/ SYMPTOMS I CAN HELP YOU WITH
- All types of autoimmune diseases
- Chronic complex conditions
- Ongoing / unexplained symptoms
- All gut related issues
SUPPLEMENTS & TESTING
I use nutritional supplements where appropriate and testing through the NHS and private laboratories. These are optional and discussed during the consultation.
Examples of functional tests that I often use in my clinic include comprehensive blood chemistry panels, comprehensive stool tests, autoimmune panels, hormones, thyroid, food reactivity/allergy panels, SIBO test, nutrient status, etc... Most of these tests are run by private labs, but there is absolutely no pressure for you to embark on private testing.
Training, qualifications & experience
I undergo regular training each year at both the Institute for Functional Medicine and the Kharrazian Institute in the USA as part of my commitment to maintaining the highest standards of knowledge and competence in the practice of Functional Medicine.
- Chronic Infections Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Cardiovascular and Neurovascular Syndromes Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Childhood Development Disorders Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Chronic Fatigue and Pain Syndromes Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Infertility, Prenatal Care, and Maternal Health Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Diabetes and Dysglycemia Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Neuroinflammation Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Hashimoto’s Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Autoimmunity Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- Gastrointestinal Clinical Strategies and Treatment Applications - Kharrazian Institute
- AFMCP - Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (IFM)
- Biotransformation Advanced Practice Module (IFM)
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module (IFM)
- GI Advanced Practice Module (IFM)
- Immune Advanced Practice Module (IFM)
- Dip ION - Institute for Optimum Nutrition (London)
- Member of The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- Registered with The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Full professional indemnity insurance
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free initial telephone session
I offer a 3 and a 6 month package. See my website for more information and to book a discovery call.
AVAILABILITY: I am currently accepting new clients.
When I work
Monday to Friday. Evening appointments available upon request.