Muriel Wallace-Scott, Registered Nutritional Therapist, DipION, mBANT, rCNHC
My journey in health and nutrition began many years before I qualified as a Nutritional Therapist. I have had my fair share of health issues which have made me the practitioner that I am today. I can completely relate to what it is like to not feel ourselves, new symptoms creeping in, going from one doctor to another looking for answers and being told that there is nothing wrong.
I work with my clients to figure out "the WHY" behind their symptoms and illness. I do the detective work so they can understand where things are going wrong. Once someone understands why they feel a certain way, it is much easier for them to find the motivation and strength to get better.
Food is one of my passions and I love sharing tips with my clients to help them develop a healthy and long lasting enjoyable relationship with food, whilst helping them achieve their health goals.
I am also a hands-on mummy to two little boys so I very well know the challenges that come with having a young family and wearing many hats all at once.
I trained in the Functional Medicine model. Functional Medicine is an evidence-based approach, looking at the whole person and system imbalances. Rather than treating a symptom, the Functional Medicine approach looks at potential imbalances and dysfunction in the body which may be the root cause or contributing to symptoms and illness.
Every person is biochemically unique so treatment should be just as individual. I work with each of my clients to develop a realistic and sustainable dietary and lifestyle plan to improve their health and quality of life.
I see both adults and children. Whilst I very much enjoy doing the detective work for clients with chronic and sometimes debilitating symptoms or disease, I also enjoy working with children. Children are more sensitive than adults and usually respond well to simple interventions. I love watching families come together and alter the trajectory not only of their child’s health, but of the whole family. There’s a big ripple effect when the family takes on healing with a child.
Some of the areas I work with and see most commonly in clinic:
- Gut health and all gut related symptoms
- Autoimmune disease and immune dysfunction, allergies, intolerances/ sensitivities, food reactions, recurrent colds & infections, feeling "run down"
- Female health and hormone imbalances, stress, PMS/PMT, difficulty losing weight/putting on weight
- Children's health, fussy eaters, tummy troubles, skin issues, behavioural problems
- Thyroid dysfunction, hypo and hyperthyroidism, suboptimal thyroid function
- Skin issues
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, fatigue, chronic pain
SUPPLEMENTS & TESTING
My approach focuses on food and lifestyle first. I also use supplements where essential and recommend tests via both the NHS and through private laboratories where appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip ION (Institute for Optimum Nutrition)
- AFMCP - Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (IFM)
- Member of The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
- Registered The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Full professional indemnity insurance
I am also undergoing training at the Institute for Functional Medicine in the USA as part of my commitment to maintaining the highest standards of knowledge and competence in the practice of evidence based Nutritional Therapy and Functional Medicine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation: £115
- Follow-up consultation: £80
- Packages available from £240
- Reduced fees for children (under 16's) - see my website
- Twickenham, London - Maple Leaf Clinic TW2 5AB
- Walton-on-Thames, Surrey - Home Clinic KT12
- Online Clinic available via Skype, Zoom or telephone
- Home visits can also be arranged if travel is an issue
I am more than happy to discuss needs and concerns via telephone or email at no charge.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07584579683
- Alternatively you can book a free discovery call on www.calendly.com/healthquestnutrition
I regularly host talks and workshops on topics such as gut health, female health, autoimmunity, children's health and healthy eating:
- Check out my upcoming events here:
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
I offer home visits locally (for a small fee) for clients using wheelchairs and for those who are not able to travel.
Monday to Friday. Saturday and evening appointments available on request