The Victoria Park Clinic
593 Cowbridge Road East
029 2066 6074 / 07701 059999
With a diploma in Nutritional Therapy and six years experience of helping clients on the road to wellness I see each person as an individual and support them to make lasting change in both diet and lifestyle.
The Western world puts constant pressures on our time and resources and with two small children and running my own business I can appreciate how hard it is to implement change and find the time to cook healthy meals. BUT I know it can be done and I can help you along the journey!
Experience tells me that many of today's chronic illnesses are as a result of our diet and lifestyle, particularly the stress we put ourselves under. Taking charge of our lives and controlling our stress can reap the rewards of energy and vitality.
Before meeting you I will ask you to fill in questionnaires that let me know your current symptoms and what you are eating at the moment. I will assess these and carry out any necessary research before meeting you. During the consultation I'll clarify the details and create a timeline before giving you suggestions for foods to increase and decrease, menu ideas and supplement suggestions as well as lifestyle recommendations.
Most Nutritional Therapists suggest a follow up appointment at four weeks but making changes to our diet and lifestyle can be hard, and I have found four weeks can be too long. I prefer to offer additional support with a scheduled phone catch up and food diary analysis after 10 days. The four week follow up is an opportunity to monitor progress and make changes or move on to the next stage.
Lasting change can take time and I recommend an initial three month commitment with ongoing coaching and support for the best success.
These days we have busy lives with work, family and social occasions and diet and nutrition often takes a back seat. Food is often out of a packet and in the oven or microwave and many of us have forgotten the positive impact our diet and nutrition can have.
Most people I see are not feeling 100% but have got so used to feeling that way that they accept it and get on with life, not considering the benefit good nutrition can have. Nutritional Therapy sees you as an individual and as a Nutritionist I will provide you with a personalised diet, nutrition and lifestyle plan that accounts for your individual needs, rather than giving generic one size fits all diet advice.
Taking charge of your health for most people means changing your diet as well as managing external stresses and taking more time for yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications & Regulation
- BA Hons Psychology from University of Wales Swansea
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from The College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Member of British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy
- Registered with The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
- Resident Nutritional Therapist at Trimmer You Boot Camp
- Regular workshops for South Wales Female Police Association
- Staff training on nutrition for mental health at Gofal
- Workshops & mini consultations for Cardiff Community Housing Association
- Workshops & mini consultations for Amey
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
Initial Consultation - £85
Follow up Consultation - £50
Supplements and testing may be recommended and are priced individually.
I run courses and workshops in the Cardiff area - please see below for details of upcoming events:
Want To Lose Weight?
Sign up to my eight week course with myself and Life Coach Becky Adams.
When we decide to lose weight we start off with determination but motivation can fade and I often hear people say that one slip up makes them feel that they've failed and they go back to old bad habits. It doesn't have to be that way if you change your eating habits long term with a combination of nutrition education and life coaching.
- Food education
- Dispelling diet myths
- The effects of stress and stress management
- Supplements and 'miracle foods'
- Overcoming barriers to weight loss
- Why cutting calories is not always the answer
- Recipes and menu plans
- Ongoing weekly support in a small group setting
- From Thursday 22nd May at 19:30 at Sainsbury on Colchester Avenue
Please contact me for more details or book your place now and take the first step towards being in control of your eating habits and having a positive relationship with food.
Nutrition For Fitness
I offer one to one sessions focused on fitness nutrition with a view to supporting clients with personal training goals and preparation for events. I also offer a two part Nutrition for Fitness Workshop, starting with the fundamentals of fitness nutrition and moving on to specifics for weight loss, endurance and recovery. I am also resident nutritionist at Trimmer You Boot Camp in Powys and Spain running sessions that give practical advice for the participants to take home with them and make lasting changes to their diet.
Workshop Part One - Get The Basics Right
Before considering supplements and protein shakes we need to get the basics right with a diet providing adequate macro and micronutrients.
- Symptoms of insufficient nutrition
- When and how to eat carbs, protein and fats and what type
- Optimising energy levels
- The importance of micronutrients
Workshop Part Two - Building on the Basics
Build on the basics to maximise performance, build muscle and hit fitness goals as well as aid weight and fat loss if needed.
- Using supplements, protein powders and sport's drinks
- Nutrition for endurance and optimising recovery
- Enhancing muscle building with diet
- Nutrition for sustainable weight loss
- Cost: £37.50 per session or £65 if both booked
- Date: TBC
- Where: The Victoria Park Clinic, Cardiff
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 9:15 to 15:00 as well as Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 17:15