Henrietta Paxton, MSc, Bsc, mBANT, mCNH. Nottingham-Loughborough-Stamford
Real Nutrition for sport, exercise and optimal health.
Henrietta is a two time Commonwealth Games representative, and current Scottish pole vault record holder. Now as a Registered Nutritional Therapist Henrietta's 20-year international athletic career provides unique understanding of the demands that daily stress, training and fatigue put on the body and she has experienced their wide-reaching effects. An MSc in Personalised Nutrition alongside a BSc in Sport and exercise science has expanded this experience into a profound knowledge of nutrition science and its functional application to all health and disease.
Traditional sports nutrition based on calories and macronutrients never resonated with Henrietta. However a functional approach targeting the individual, appreciating the holistic nature of the human body and the incredible power of nutrients changed everything when she found herself battling two potential career ending injuries and real emotional lows.
"Once I understood how out of balance my body was, nutrition gave me a solid foundation on which to build quality training. I realised that my body wasn’t letting me down - I was letting my body down"
The bombardment of foodie information now available makes it overwhelming to know how best to nourish your body to achieve your goals. But with Henrietta's elite experience you too can use the nutrients nature intended to fuel your goals.
With a fundamental love of real food Henrietta is now passionate that people should understand just how astonishing their body is which, given the right nourishment, has an astounding ability to heal. So, no matter what challenge you face, injury, dis-ease or maintaining optimal health, good nutrition can support your body to do incredible things.
What to expect from your consultation?
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake
- Detailed health and family case history
- A strategy for health - linking symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle
- Personalised nutrition plan for implementing changes. Your personal written plan that is easy to follow
- Supplement programme - details of any recommended nutritional supplements
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition & PG Dip. in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Lifestyle and Nutrition Management (CNELM) http://cnelm.co.uk in association with Middelsex University.
- Certificate of Integrated Sports Nutrition - Institute of Integrated Sports Nutrition awarded by NTEC
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science, UWIC
- Official Partener to West London Track and Field https://www.westlondontrackandfield.com
- Nutritional Well being courses with Neal's Yartd Remedies
- Educational articles for BANt eNews, West London Track & Field
- Guest lecturer at CNELM & Institute of Integrated Sports Nutrition
- Original recipes for gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, low histamine, anti-inflammatory, ketogenic, Interimittent fasting, IBD/IBS diets
These qualifications and experience ensure the highest standards of care are met in conjunction with a robust understanding of the evidence base behind nutritional therapy and its application to the individual alongside a passion for tasty and interesting meals using funtional foods.
This is closely regulated by the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) as well as the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- 90 minute Initial Consultation - £90
- 60 minute follow up consultaiton - £60
- 30 minute follow-ups as needed - £30
Student discounts are available
* IF YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL PLEASE CHECK YOU JUNK BOX FOR MY REPLY AS SOMETIMES THEY GET FILTERED HERE! *