Henrietta Paxton, MSc, Bsc, mBANT, mCNH. Nottingham-Loughborough-Stamford
53 High Street
8a Park Street
Real Nutrition for sport, exercise and optimal health.
*I have taken a little break to have a baby. I will be able to take on new clients again in May 2019. Any existing clients, I will be checking and responding to emails while on maternity leave, but it may be a few days before you hear back from me. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please get back in touch at a later date if I can still be of help.*
Henrietta is a two time Commonwealth Games representative, and current Scottish pole vault record holder. Now as a Registered Nutritional Therapist and a former elite athlete Henrietta's 20-year international athletic career provides unique understanding of the demands that daily stress, training and fatigue put on the body and she has experienced their wide-reaching effects. An MSc in Personalised Nutrition has expanded this experience into a profound knowledge of nutrition science and its functional application to all health and disease.
Traditional sports nutrition based on calories and macronutrients never resonated with Henrietta. However a functional approach targeting the individual, appreciating the holistic nature of the human body and the incredible power of nutrients changed everything when she found herself battling two potential career ending injuries and real emotional lows.
"Once I understood how out of balance my body was, nutrition gave me a solid foundation on which to build quality training. I realised that my body wasn’t letting me down - I was letting my body down".
The bombardment of foodie information now available makes it overwhelming to know how best to nourish your body to achieve your goals. But with Henrietta's elite experience you too can use the nutrients nature intended to fuel your goals.
With a fundamental love of real food Henrietta is now passionate that people should understand just how astonishing their body is which, given the right nourishment, has an astounding ability to heal. So, no matter what challenge you face, injury, dis-ease or maintaining optimal health, good nutrition can support your body to do incredible things.
What to expect from your consultation?
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake
- Detailed health and family case history
- A strategy for health - linking symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle
- Personalised nutrition plan for implementing changes. Your personal written plan that is easy to follow
- Supplement programme - details of any recommended nutritional supplements
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition & PG Dip. in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Lifestyle and Nutrition Management (CNELM) http://cnelm.co.uk in association with Middelsex University.
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science, UWIC
- Official Partener to West London Track and Field
- Official Partener of Poduim Sports
- Nutritional Well being courses with Neal's Yartd Remedies
- Educational articles for BANt eNews, West London Track & Field
- Guest lecturer at CNELM
- Original recipes for gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, low histamine, anti-inflammatory, ketogenic, Interimittent fasting, IBD/IBS diets
These qualifications and experience ensure the highest standards of care are met in conjunction with a robust understanding of the evidence base behind nutritional therapy and its application to the individual alongside a passion for tasty and interesting meals using funtional foods.
This is closely regulated by the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) as well as the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- 90 minute Initial Consultation - £90
- 60 minute follow up consultaiton - £60
- 30 minute follow-ups as needed - £30
Student discounts are available
* IF YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL PLEASE CHECK YOU JUNK BOX FOR MY REPLY AS SOMETIMES THEY GET FILTERED HERE! *
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Mon, Tues, Thur & Fri Loughborough Clinic, 9am - 6pm Wednesday Afternoons at Neal's Yard Remedies,Stamford