Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Specialising in Sport Nutrition
Male and female fertility
Women's health, healthy pregnancies, optimal recovery and weaning.
I help athletes achieve optimal health, improving and maximising recovery and adaptation to training, leading to performance gains.
I help women gain regular, healthy menstrual cycles, and both men and women achieve a healthy weight, abundant energy and vitality ready for bringing a robust and healthy baby into the world.
I am a former international athlete for both Scotland and Great Britain, with a 20 year Athletic career in elite sport. Now a Registered Nutritional Therapist with 2 children I focus on using ancestral nutrition principles to support optimal performance, fertility, pregnancy, recovery and weaning; as well as supporting those conditions known to impact reproductive health. I am passionate that couples understand the huge impact of their own health on pregnancy outcomes, putting the power and control back into the hands of the parents to be.
Having been in practice now for 7 years I continue to be astounded by the power of good nutrition to recover health and function. I came into this profession whilst looking for answers to my own health and injury problems as an international elite athlete, and the early knowledge I gained turned my career around and brought me back from a career ending injury, allowing me 5 more years in elite sport. With this experience I continue to work with international athletes.
I gained my MSc in Personalised Nutrition through CNELM in 2016 and have been practicing since. I integrate my functional medicine training with a keen interest in ancestral nutrition and a lifelong love of food.
Since the birth of my two sons I have developed a passion for supporting couples through fertility to have healthy pregnancies and robust babies. Nutrition and lifestyle at this point in your life is probably the most important it has ever been given that the nutritional and health status of both parents have direct impacts on the viability of a pregnancy and consequent health of the baby.
I want couples to feel happy and in control of this amazing process and I feel privileged to be able to use nutrition to support the birth of healthy, happy children.
What to expect from your consultation?
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake with special emphasis on fertility factors.
- Detailed health and family case history
- A strategy for health and optimal fertility / pregnancy - this includes linking symptoms/conditions to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle
- Personalised nutrition plan for implementing changes. Your personal written plan that is easy to follow
- Supplement programme - details of any recommended nutritional supplements if necessary
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions that may impact/be impacting fertility or healthy pregnancies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Personalised Nutrition & PG Dip. in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Lifestyle and Nutrition Management (CNELM) http://cnelm.co.uk in association with Middelsex University.
- Certified Infertility Practitioner - Dr. Kharrazian Institute
- Certificate of Integrated Sports Nutrition - Institute of Integrated Sports Nutrition awarded by NTEC
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science, UWIC
- Module Leader with CNELM
- Head Nutritionist at Biospan
- Official Partener to West London Track and Field https://www.westlondontrackandfield.com
- Nutritional Well being courses with Neal's Yartd Remedies
- Educational articles for BANt eNews, West London Track & Field
- Guest lecturer at CNELM & Institute of Integrated Sports Nutrition
- Original recipes for gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, low histamine, anti-inflammatory, ketogenic, Interimittent fasting, IBD/IBS diets
These qualifications and experience ensure the highest standards of care are met in conjunction with a robust understanding of the evidence base behind nutritional therapy and its application to the individual alongside a passion for tasty and interesting meals using funtional foods.
This is closely regulated by the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) as well as the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
£98.00 per session
- 90 minute Initial Consultation - £98
- 60 minute follow up consultation - £70
- 30 minute follow-ups as needed - £35
- 3 consultation pre-paid package - £183 (Initial and 2 follow-ups, 15% discount)
- Couples consultation (2 hours) - £160
- 12 week fertility course - £270
I am happy to offer free 15 minute discovery calls prior to booking to chat through the process and answer any initial questions.
When I work
I am happy to see clients online or face to face, either at their homes or in clinic. Contact me to discuss the options.
* IF YOU SEND ME AN EMAIL PLEASE CHECK YOU JUNK BOX FOR MY REPLY AS SOMETIMES THEY GET FILTERED HERE! *