Elizabeth Bray BSc MBANT CNHC reg
Meare Court Farm
Axminster Health & Wellbeing Centre
01823 480570 / 07980 601670
Elizabeth is a Registered Nutritional Therapist and Associate Naturopath, offering scientific IgG antibody food allergy testing and other laboratory tests. DNA metabolic typing for weight loss, vitamin and mineral analysis and dietary imbalance are all assessed at the consultation, to optimise health.
Do you feel below par, would like to identify problem foods? Range of functional medicine laboratory tests available at the consultation, blood tests, vitamins and minerals, complete intestinal colonisation analysis, adrenal stress, pH balance, hair mineral analysis. Optimise your health and rebalance your diet with Nutritional Therapy, clinics at Taunton and Axminster.
Please call or email to book an appointment and discuss your health and symptoms.
Training, qualifications & experience
Herbal medicine and health sciences BSc - University of East London and the Open University 2005
Certificate in Health Promotion - The Open University 2005
Diploma in Natural Nutrition - College of Natural Nutrition 2006.
Registered with: CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy).
Elizabeth has practiced for 11 years and has experience of clients with a wide range of health problems.
Nutritional therapy is a complementary medicine, used for a wide range of health problems. Ideal for weight loss and general health concerns. A wide range of allergy tests and other scientific, laboratory tests are offered, for digestion problems, bacterial imbalances, vitamin, mineral and essential fatty acid levels. DNA metabolic typing test for weight loss.
Carefully selected supplements are sometimes prescribed at the correct levels, to assist the body in restoring optimum levels of health. Contraindications with medication, supplements and foods are always taken in to account. Nutritional therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance & individual care.
A health questionnaire is sent to you before your appointment which includes questions about your current diet, supplements and any medication you are taking.
By choosing a BANT registered nutritional therapist you can be confident that they follow the strict BANT Code of Professional Practice & have professional indemnity insurance for clinical practice.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
Standard consultation, 1 hour £89
Food intolerance/allergy testing: Consultation including scientific blood test, results at the consultation £149
Other scientific tests may be recommended at the consultation including Vitamin D test, fungal, essential fatty acid levels, cortisol, Vitamin D, parasites, intestinal function analysis, vitamins, hair mineral analysis, DNA metabolic genetic testing for weight loss.
DNA metabolic typing £159
Follow up appointment 35 minutes £59
These tests may be recommended at the consultation:
- Food intolerance test identifying the IgG antibody to 59 foods, results to take away with you: 45 minute blood test at the consultation, written dietary and supplement recommendations.
- Airborne / environmental allergens identifying the body’s antibody reaction to pollens, grasses, latex, moulds, house dust mite: Blood test with results emailed the next day.
- Blood tests sent to specific laboratories: Vitamin D, celiac screen, gluten intolerance, thyroid screen.
- Other laboratory tests: Complete status of intestinal colonisation, parasite screen, gut permeability test, Helicobacter pylori.
- Hair or urine mineral analysis, results in 3 weeks: heavy metals including mercury, arsenic, lead, aluminium, nickel, cadmium and mineral levels of sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, iron, copper, manganese, cobalt and phosphorus.
- Harley Street Health Checks blood test for: magnesium, calcium, vitamins D, B12, thyroid function, ferretin, folate, sodium, albumin (results in 2 weeks)
- Essential fatty acid levels blood test- ratios of Omega 3:6:9 - essential balance for optimum health
- Hormone and cortisol levels - adrenal function and hormone balance (saliva)
- DNA metabolic genetic laboratory test for weight loss and optimum health- Nutrigenomix (saliva)
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Appointments Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm