Elizabeth Bray BSc MBANT CNHC reg
Elizabeth is a Registered Nutritional Therapist and Associate Naturopath, offering scientific IgG antibody food allergy testing and other laboratory tests. DNA metabolic typing for weight loss, vitamin and mineral analysis and dietary imbalance are all assessed at the consultation, to optimise health.
Do you feel below par, would like to identify problem foods? Range of functional medicine laboratory tests available at the consultation, blood tests, vitamins and minerals, complete intestinal colonisation analysis, adrenal stress, pH balance, hair mineral analysis. Optimise your health and rebalance your diet with Nutritional Therapy, clinics at Taunton, Somerset.
Please call or email to book an appointment and discuss your health and symptoms.
Training, qualifications & experience
Herbal medicine and health sciences BSc - University of East London and the Open University 2005
Certificate in Health Promotion - The Open University 2005
Diploma in Natural Nutrition - College of Natural Nutrition 2006.
Registered with: CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy).
Elizabeth has practiced for 11 years and has experience of clients with a wide range of health problems.
Nutritional therapy is a complementary medicine, used for a wide range of health problems. Ideal for weight loss and general health concerns. Using functional medicine, laboratory testing to find the root cause of symptoms. A wide range of allergy tests and other scientific, laboratory tests are offered, for digestion problems, bacterial imbalances, vitamin, mineral and essential fatty acid levels. DNA metabolic typing test for weight loss.
Carefully selected supplements are sometimes prescribed at the correct levels, to assist the body in restoring optimum levels of health. Contraindications with medication, supplements and foods are always taken in to account. Nutritional therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance & individual care.
A health questionnaire is sent to you before your appointment which includes questions about your current diet, supplements and any medication you are taking.
By choosing a BANT registered nutritional therapist you can be confident that they follow the strict BANT Code of Professional Practice & have professional indemnity insurance for clinical practice.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Standard consultation, 1 hour £95
Food intolerance/allergy testing: Consultation including scientific blood test, results at the consultation £165
Other scientific tests may be recommended at the consultation including Vitamin D test, fungal, essential fatty acid levels, cortisol, Vitamin D, parasites, intestinal function analysis, vitamins, hair mineral analysis, DNA metabolic genetic testing for weight loss.
DNA metabolic typing £275
Follow up appointment 35 minutes £65
Appointments Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm
These tests may be recommended at the consultation:
- Food intolerance test identifying the IgG antibody to 59 foods, results to take away with you: 45 minute blood test at the consultation, written dietary and supplement recommendations.
- Airborne / environmental allergens identifying the body’s antibody reaction to pollens, grasses, latex, moulds, house dust mite: Blood test with results emailed the next day.
- Blood tests sent to specific laboratories: Vitamin D, celiac screen, gluten intolerance, thyroid screen.
- Other laboratory tests: Complete status of intestinal colonisation, parasite screen, gut permeability test, Helicobacter pylori.
- Hair or urine mineral analysis, results in 3 weeks: heavy metals including mercury, arsenic, lead, aluminium, nickel, cadmium and mineral levels of sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, iron, copper, manganese, cobalt and phosphorus.
- Harley Street Health Checks blood test for: magnesium, calcium, vitamins D, B12, thyroid function, ferretin, folate, sodium, albumin (results in 2 weeks)
- Essential fatty acid levels blood test- ratios of Omega 3:6:9 - essential balance for optimum health
- Hormone and cortisol levels - adrenal function and hormone balance (saliva)
- DNA metabolic genetic laboratory test for weight loss and optimum health- Nutrigenomix (saliva)