Dr. Amanda Ellwood PhD DipION
I am an experienced nutritional therapist, wellbeing coach and functional medicine practitioner with a medical and scientific background. This rare combination of experience gives me greater insight than many into your issues and their solution. I offer one to one nutritional support, as well as support to small businesses and corporate organisations.
I provide unique answers to your unique requirement. I use my training, experience and support from my many healthcare contacts to create your own specific programme. It is holistic, it centres on you and it answers your particular nutrition and lifestyle needs. I work using a functional medicine approach and will encourage the use of functional medicine testing where appropriate.
My passion is to help patients enjoy life once more and become aware about nutrition’s role in their health.
"I'd recommend a session with Amanda to anyone wanting to feel the benefits of a improved diet." Susan
I use my training and experience to create a programme to answer your particular nutrition and lifestyle needs.
The typical outcome is:
- Information about your health concerns
- A clear plan to help you achieve your health goals.
- Dietary recommendations to solve your particular symptoms
- Supplement recommendations, if appropriate
- Tips on healthy eating
- Recipe suggestions for inspiration and encouragement
I also offer functional testing as part of my services. I would discuss with you the benefits and limitations of the recommended tests. Most tests are non-invasive (requiring urine or saliva) or semi-invasive (requiring blood spot). Tests that require blood draw are also offered.
- Digestion - comprehensive stool analysis, microbiome (PCR), parasitology & microbiology, intestinal permeability (Genova, Nordic Laboratories)
- Endocrine - Adrenal Stress test, Thyroid, sex hormones, DUTCH test
- Fatty Acid Analysis
- Bone resorption test (an assessment for bone loss in post menopausal women)
- Vitamin D tests
- DNA testing (DNA life certification)
- Organic Acid testing (Genova Metabolic Analysis, ONE test & NutriEval)
- Specialist Metabolic testing - Cardiovascular Risk Assessment, Metabolic Syndrome Assessment
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) - St Mary's Hospital, London
- BSc (hons) Biological Science - Aston University, Birmingham
- PhD Cardiovascular Pharmacology - King's College, London
- DipION - Institute of Option Nutrition (2009)
- London Wellbeing Coach, ILM (2016)
- IFM- Institute of Functional Medicine Gastrointestinal Specialist Module (2013)
- IFM - Institute of Functional Medicine Head to Toe (2015)
- AFMCP - Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (2018)
- Chrysalis Effect Specialist (Recovery Programme for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia (2019)
I am an accredited member of the Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC), a registered member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT), and the Complementary and Natural healthcare Council (CNHC).
I made the decision to re-train as a nutritional therapist with the Institute of Optimum Nutritional in London, where I consolidated my scientific understanding of nutrition and gained valuable clinical experience in consulting with people who required nutritional support.
I believe in making a difference to my patients by offering a science-based, functional medicine approach to nutritional therapy.
I continue to consolidate my experience and training by attending Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course. These are a requirement of my professional body, but more importantly, they enable me to offer the very best service to my patients.
Please see my website (eatyourselfwell.co.uk) for the latest courses I have attended.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
10 year of experience have shown that the best approach to achieving health and wellbeing is making a commitment to change. This takes times and requires support. Therefore I see patients for a minimum of 3-appointments (approx 3-months).
Initial Appointments (60 to 75 min) - review of intake forms and development of personalised strategy to support goals outlined in the initial intake questionnaire.
Follow up appointments (40 to 45 min) - review of progress and ongoing support. Review of tests (if applicable)
3-Appointment Package: £260
Initial appointment, and 2 follow up appointments (3-month programme)
4-Appointment Package: £330
Initial appointment and 3 follow up appointments (4-month Programme)
6-Appointment Package: (Chrysalis Effect Only) - please contact me directly to discuss
Payment: By credit or debit card on booking. Subsequent appointments and supplements can be paid for credit/debit card or cash.
Once you have bought a package you will be sent a link to make an appointment at your convenience via my online booking system, as well as the nutritional health questionnaire and food & lifestyle diary.
Sending information to me before your scheduled appointment, enables me to start to prepare a personalised treatment plan for you, and makes the first appointment with me more constructive.
Initial consultations take up to 75 minutes. This enables you to discuss your family and personal medical history, your current symptoms / health concerns and any medication or supplements that you are currently taking. I will conduct a thorough review of your diet and lifestyle diary and explore appropriate dietary and lifestyle changes with you. I will then make recommendations which will enable you to fulfil your health goals. I may make recommendations for specific functional testing at this point.
At the initial consultation, we will discuss the number of consultations that it is likely that you will require; this is dependent on your health goals, but a minimum of 3 visits are recommended in order to ensure that I can support you to meet your health needs.
Follow up consultations take up to 45 minutes. In this consultation I will review your progress against your strategy for health, and your dietary and lifestyle recommendations. Modifications may be made to further support your individual requirements as required.
Longer consultations are sometimes required to allow sufficient time to discuss complex test results.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime: Monday, Wednesday,Thursday Evening: Tuesday (4pm - 8pm), Wednesday (5pm to 8pm), Friday (4pm to 6pm)