Aliya Porter - Registered Nutritionist Bsc Hons RNutr
I am a Registered Nutritionist with a wealth of experience helping people choose healthier options. I have worked in the community as part of the voluntary sector and in the NHS in London, as well as experience working in the community and in higher education in north west England. I currently work on a freelance basis in the north west. I have 2 children which has helped me to understand first hand some of the challenges faced by parents when it comes to weaning and healthy eating.
I offer a tailor made service. I have Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance and am registered with the Association for Nutrition. I have to follow their Code of Conduct which is available on their website.
I am based in south Manchester and see clients from my home in Withington. I can travel for courses and workshops. I can also offer client appointments over Skype
For members of the public I can offer:
- one to one weight management support
- one to one support to improve diet (children and adults)
- workshops on healthy eating for adults
- workshops on weaning
- workshops on toddler nutrition
- support for parents of fussy eaters
For healthcare professionals and the voluntary sector I can offer:
- healthy eating training
- training in delivering health messages to achieve behaviour change
- professional supervision for other nutritionists
I offer face to face, Skype, email and telephone support.
To see me, give me a call or send me an email and we can set up a face to face consultation. If you would like to go further, we can set up additional consultations which suit your needs - face to face, online or over the phone at a time you choose.
What a Registered Nutritionist is
Nutrition covers many fields. There are many people who claim to be professionals who do not have the recognised qualifications to meet your needs. Registered Nutritionists have at least 3 years experience and recognised qualifications using science based on evidence. Registered Nutritionists are those registered with the Association for Nutrition. You can trust a Registered Nutritionist, just like you can trust a Dietitian.
Please don't call me with marketing opportunities.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a BSc Hons in Food Science and Nutrition, and German Studies from Oxford Brookes University (2006). I also have an NVQ Level 3 in Advice and Guidance.
I have worked in the voluntary sector as a Health Outreach Worker and a Health Development Coordinator. I have also worked in the NHS in health promotion as a Health Improvement Programme Manager. I have been working on a freelance basis since 2011.
I have experience in the following:
- One to one support in healthy eating, weight management, fussy eating
- Development of a group weight management programme
- Delivering workshops on healthy eating for adults and children
- Delivering workshops on eating on a budget to students
- Delivering workshops on weaning and toddler nutrition
- Writing blog articles and copy for websites
- Menu development and analysis
- Radio interviews including BBC Radio Scotland
- Professional supervision
- Management of health promotion projects
- Lectures in infant and toddler nutrition, professional conduct and professional development
- Organising study days in nutrition
I am registered with the Association for Nutrition. I am a regional rep for the north west.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Life stages
- Nutrition and mental health
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
For one to one support:
Initial consultation £50 for up to 1 hour (more if room hire is required)
Face to face consultations £50 for 45 minutes (more if room hire is required)
Email support* £60 for block of 5 emails (emails under 20 words free)
Telephone support* (£20 for 15 minutes)
*For email or telephone support, you will usually need a face to face consultation first.
Weaning courses are £45 per adult for the course (3 sessions in length)
Workshops prices vary depending on the length and location of the course.
For professional supervision £100 a month plus travel gives a 1 hour face to face meeting and up to 3 support emails per month. I can also offer group supervision in Manchester (£100 annual subscription).
Please contact me for more information
- Fussy Eating
- Teenagers nutrition
For testimonials, please check out my website https://porternutrition.co.uk/testimonals/ or find me on google maps https://goo.gl/maps/93UR6mte1hu
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
My main premises are not wheelchair accessible but I can arrange a venue which is, if required.
Flexible on times - please enquire. I can offer evening appointments