Laila Charlesworth ANutr, Registered Associate Nutritionist
I am a qualified evidence-based nutritionist, registered with the Association for Nutrition and also currently undertaking a nutrition-based PhD.
I offer an individual, person-centred service in a friendly, non-judgmental way in order to help my clients achieve their health goals through tailored nutritional advice and behaviour change.
For the last four years I have been working on a consultancy basis, offering nutritional advice to individuals and corporate wellbeing sessions to companies. I am also a professional contributor to BBC Leeds, offering advice live on air and insight to recent nutrition and food-related news stories.
- One-to-one consultations
- Healthy eating talks and workshops
- Research services
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1st class BSc (Hons) degree in Nutrition, Food and Health and awarded a prize for outstanding academic achievement
- Nutrition-related PhD (currently undertaking)
- Registered with the Association for Nutrition
- Yorkshire & Humber representative for the Association for Nutrition
- Member of the Nutrition Society
- Member of the Association for Obesity
- Professional contributor to BBC Leeds
- Member of the Royal Society for Public Health
Continued professional development in:
- Early years nutrition
- Sports nutrition
- Gut health and probiotics
- Older adults nutrition
- Tackling overweight and obesity in children
- Leeds Course in Clinical Nutrition
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.