Juliet Goodwin BSc (Hons), Registered Nutritional Therapist DipCNM, MBANT MCNHC
I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist based in North Surrey/London. I have always been interested in health and helping people to feel better. Originally I trained as a Nurse, and have managed both chronic and acute disease for 20 years. I work at an advanced level and have a very good understanding of how the body works and how it can go wrong! Coupled with my nutritional knowledge and training, this ensures I have a lot to offer to help improve a client's health and wellbeing. I'm also a Mum of two young children, and so understand the challenges of trying to keep the family healthy despite a busy schedule.
What is nutritional therapy?
Nutritional Therapy is an evidence-based approach to maximising one’s health (physical and emotional) potential through individually formulated nutritional and lifestyle changes. It promotes the benefits of good, wholesome, unprocessed foods for optimal well being, as well as the therapeutic effects of particular foods for specific health conditions.
How Natural Nutritional Health can help you
Natural Nutritional Health aims to help you feel the best you can and in many cases even better than you thought you could. It is about supporting your body back into balance and harmony through eating the right food and addressing any imbalances through diet and lifestyle changes. I work using the functional medicine model, a science based approach to health and healing that looks at the body as a whole and assesses the underlying causes of symptoms that manifest themselves as disease. I will strive to address the root cause of symptoms, with the aid of diagnostic tools and thorough assessment of your unique needs. Nutritional Therapy complements and can support conventional medicine, it is not a case of either/or. I can also support you if you are just trying to eat more healthily or require weight management advice.
Straightforward Treatment Plans
Will be individually created for you which make sense and are achievable. These will incorporate your goals as well as consider limitations, such as illness, time or financial constraints. I have a passion for supporting people to be happier and able to live life in the way they hope to. I always address the whole person and not just the symptoms. I strive to empower the individual to make positive changes with a supportive and empathic manner, utilising up to date evidence based research.
If you are interested in finding out more, go to www.naturalnutritionalhealth.co.uk or call me on 07979 622590 for your free 15 minute phone consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Nutritional Therapist; 3 year diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition at The College of Naturopathic Medicine in London, fully accredited by the NTEC (Nutritional Therapy Education Commision). This included 200 hours of practical clinics and training in the principles of functional medicine, a science based method that assesses the underlying causes of symptoms.
- Qualified Nurse - BSc (Hons) - practising in a variety of settings for 20 years. I am trained to degree level and have worked in recent years as an Independent Nurse Practitioner in Primary care whilst studying to become a Nutritionist. This additional skill provides me with a wealth of medical knowledge and a good understanding of how the body works in an imbalanced state.
- Member of Professional Bodies; The Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC), The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- I strive to keep up to date and continue to learn through courses and further training on a regular basis to enable me to provide the most recent evidence based therapy.
- Fully insured with Balens Insurance Brokers
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
15 minute Free phone consultation
I am happy to have a 15 minute telephone conversation with you to work out if I am able to support you, and if so, in what way we can move forward to help achieve your goal/s and improve your health and well-being. You can get an idea if I am right for you as well.
Initial Face to Face Consultation (£110-£130 dependent on location)
This is a 90 minute face to face consultation* to identify your health goals and fully assess you and your unique nutritional needs. Prior to your initial appointment I will send you a four day diet diary which you will need to email me before your initial appointment. I will take a full medical history, discuss your current lifestyle and food intake as well as review any medical/blood tests you may have. I will formulate a personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan and recommend nutraceutical supplements if appropriate. I will write a referral letter to your GP if required and recommend any appropriate functional testing.
I will follow by email after the initial nutrition plan has been sent out to check if there are any queries.
Follow UP Consultation (£70-80 dependent on location)
This is a face to face 40 minute consultation,* usually 4-6 weeks after the initial consultation to assess how you are progressing and identify any difficulties which will be addressed and the plan tweaked accordingly. I will interpret any tests carried out since the initial consultation and update the nutrition, lifestyle and supplement plan to suit your evolving needs and goals. Any further referrals will be made as appropriate.
Package 1 = 1 Initial + 2 Follow-ups =£225-£260 dependent on location Approx 10% saving
Health Assessment Questionnaire
90 Minute 1 to 1 initial consultation
Review of existing relevant tests, if required
20 minute 1 to 1 report of findings
Personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan
Personalised supplement plan - if appropriate
Referral letter to GP - if appropriate
Recommendations for functional and/or genetic testing - if appropriate
2 x 40 minute follow-up consultations
Weekly email support during package
Package 2 = 1 initial + 3 Follow-ups (including all of above) = £285-£330 dependent on location - More than 10% Saving
* I am Surrey based (I hold clinics in Thames Ditton and Esher) and can also offer Skype / Phone follow-up consultations as appropriate.
Under 18’s can be seen, however under 16’s must have their legal guardian present.
- Fees are payable before or at the time of consultation either in cash or via bank transfer
- Please note that the consultation fees do not include the cost of supplements or functional testing.
Cancellation and Late Arrival policy
- The full cost of a consultation is charged for cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice. Please do contact me as soon as possible, should you wish to cancel your appointment.
- If you arrive late for your appointment you may not receive the full time slot dedicated to your appointment.
I am happy to come and give a talk or workshop to discuss how nutrition and lifestyle can improve a variety of conditions and general health. My presentations and workshops provide a good opportunity for learning about nutrition. I can cover topics such as;
- How to improve energy levels
- How to reduce sugar intake and what to have instead
- The difference between good and bad fats
- Gut health
- Female hormones
- Boosting the immune system
- How to improve sleep
- How to reduce stress with diet and lifestyle, and plenty more
Examples of workshops/talks;
- School talks - encouraging healthy eating for children
- Corporate wellness - supporting and encouraging health and wellbeing for employees
- Local group/event - a nutrition talk /presentation based on a specific topic/theme or general wellness/nutrition
'Juliet offered a thoughtful,careful, detailed and holistic assessment of my symptoms. She effortlessly combines an in depth understanding of Western medical approaches with her specialist nutritional therapy. I have consulted Juliet regarding a number of symptoms. I have found the treatments easy to follow and highly effective. Seeking treatment with Juliet has significantly enhanced my health and sense of well-being!' Liz. M, London
A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and the most scary aspect of this are the heart palpitations that occur with any sort of emotional upset. Whilst the medical profession have have been very helpful, the different types of medication they offered me have not been effective. The protocol Juliet put together for me has very much reduced my symptoms. I am very grateful to Juliet for her input which has made a big difference to me. Jennifer. H, Surrey
'Juliet has a wealth of knowledge regarding nutrition and is extremely passionate about what she does. I found her very approachable and she listened to my needs. I think it's great that she also has a nursing background so she can look at the whole picture. I will definitely be recommending her to my friends and family.' Karen. S, Surrey
'I have found Juliet to be a kind and compassionate therapist. She is very knowledgeable with a depth of experience. I would highly recommend her.' Sarah. E, London
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday. Evenings may occasionally be possible. Please always contact me via email or phone to check availability.