Jessica Andersson BSc (Hons) MBANT CNHC
Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre
I am a fully qualified nutritional therapist with 8 years experience. I am based in Acton and also practice at Nuffield Health in Covent Garden. I work with clients who have a range of health issues offering nutrition advice and resources to help them meet their health goals.
My focus is on long term behaviour change and health coaching particularly for weight loss and healthy eating generally. It is my belief that sustainable weight loss is all about a change in behaviour and not just diet alone.
I also specialise in the low-FODMAP diet. The challenge is that there is a little practical support available to help those following the diet, especially if they are trying to manage this while cooking for others. I am able to offer full support and can provide you with all the resources you need.
In addition to my clinic work I also offer:
- Nutrition related workshops to the corporate sector or to the local community
- Healthy cooking master classes
- Nutrition advice to restaurants including recipe analysis
- Nutrition support to schools and colleges including talks and workshops
- Diagnostic testing for example food intolerances
Some of my work involves cooking and recipe development, I often help families, students and individuals with meal planning. Many of my clients struggle to find the time to plan meals and need support and inspiration for cooking healthy meals.
I have a recipe and nutrition resource website www.jessicaskitchen.co.uk where people can access my recipes and other information.
I am committed to treating my clients in a compassionate, non-judgmental way, providing them with the understanding, encouragement, education and ongoing support needed to reach their goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
I studied nutritional therapy at Westminster University and was awarded my BSc (HONS) in 2004. I have since attended numerous courses on health coaching and mentoring, cardiovascular disease, weight management and children's nutrition.
- I have been trained to provide full HMOTs which includes glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure checks.
- Over the past year and a half I have worked with Transport for London at numerous health fairs providing health checks and nutrition advice to their employees.
- Within the corporate sector my clients include: Google, The Discovery Channel, Nomura, Allen and Overy, Financial Ombudsman, Credit Suisse, Aviva and Deloitte
2015 Completed a health mentoring training course run by Nuffield Health
2014 Health Checker Certificate
2011 Health Trainer Certificate - NHS Trust
2009 Diploma in the Psychological and Nutritional Management for Obesity and Eating Disorders
2008 BSc (HONS) Nutritional Therapy
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
£75.00 = an initial consultation (90 minutes)
£55.00 = follow up
£125.00 = 1 initial and 1 follow up
£300.00 = weight management package (6 consultations)
£85.00 = including low FODMAP resource book including recipes
NB Fees vary according to venue.
Skype and telephone consultation can also be arranged.
I also offer concession fees. Please contact me to discuss this.
I also see clients in their homes. Prices for this vary depending on location. ?
What to expect?
- Before the consultation you will be asked to complete a 3 day food diary and questionnaire. This will help me to have an overview and analyse our diet.
- A survey will be made of any health problems, as well as previous medical and family history. Your diet and lifestyle will be reviewed. Diagnostic tests can be arranged if necessary. A personalised nutrition and lifestyle program will then be specifically designed for you. These will be sent to you with all the resources you need.
- During the consultation process Jessica will help you to understand the relationship between what you eat and the way you feel both emotionally and physically.
"As a fully qualifed nutritionist, it is my aim to help you to maximise your health potential and to empower you to take control of your health, by showing you how even small changes can make a big difference".
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Thursday's between 3pm - 7pm
Friday's between 9am - 6pm
Saturday's between 9am - 12pm