Angela Loftus, BSc (Hons), DipION, mBANT, CNHC
Old Chorleywood Road
Chalfont St Giles
My name is Angela Loftus and I am a fully qualified and Registered Nutritional Therapist working in Rickmansworth, Chorleywood & Chalfont St Giles, Bucks.
I graduated in 2015 after 3 years studying at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition with a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy.
I specialise in Female Hormonal Health which if not in balance can have a debilitating impact on women's day to day lives leading to:
- fat around the middle, resistant weight loss
- tired all the time
- unexplained and low mood
- symptoms including night sweats, hot flushes, brain fog
- gut issues including pain, bloating, stomach acid, reflux
- thyroid and adrenal challenges
How does it work?
Completion of a health questionnaire by you which includes your health history, any diagnosed health conditions, your current symptoms, dietary and lifestyle habits together with your health goal(s).
Prior to your initial consultation I look at the potential root causes of your ill health not just your symptoms and identify any nutrient imbalances and deficiencies which may be preventing you from optimal health.
At your first consultation, I discuss your health goals and based on dietary and lifestyle analysis, together we develop a health optimisation plan which will include key recommendations to restore health and wellbeing in practical, sustainable steps that fit with your lifestyle and individual demands.
Follow up consultations are usually monthly and in order to resolve your symptoms and attain your health goals this is not normally achieved in less than 3 consultations and sometimes more.
To summarise how I work
I relish the challenges of working with female clients to restore gut and hormonal balance from women in their 20s right up to 60/70 plus. I help women make the necessary changes to resolve their symptoms with help from an evidence based nutritional perspective together with leading edge hormonal or any other functional lab tests as appropriate.
Not sure whether Nutritional Therapy is right for you?
Call me 07977 418736 to discuss how Nutritional Therapy can help you live a healthier life and
look at my my website for further information (including client experiences/testimonials www.nutrition4change.com
Testimonial from client ( September 2018) seeking help with PMS symptoms
"I visited Angela because I wanted to minimise my PMS symptoms. Since I remember getting my period I suffered from head pains, fatigue, negative thoughts, irritation.I also wanted to get advice on how to feel more energetic and maybe lose a couple of pounds.
Angela was extremely knowledgeable and explained the reasons for the changes she recommended in my diet. Her warm personality made me trust her and I felt safe to follow her recommendations.She paid attention to my needs and listened when I said I did not want to eat specific foods by offering alternatives.
With only one visit I saw great difference to my PMS and my energy levels are higher.
I would definitely recommend Angela to anyone looking to improve their nutrition and diet in order to feel and look healthier".
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychology degree BSc (Hons)
- Post Graduate Diploma- Human Resources
- Introduction to Counselling- University of Hertfordshire
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (3 years) from The institute for Optimum
- Nutrition (ION)
- Full member of British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial Consultation £80 (1 hour) which includes "personalised" health optimisation plan including dietary and lifestyle recommendations and e mail support throughout.
Follow up Consultations £65 (1 hour)
Please call me for a free no obligation telephone consultation if you are unsure whether Nutritional Therapy is right for you 07977 418736
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Evening appointments available