Robin Dowswell BSc MFNTP
01908 460169 / 07942 005408
DrDobbin Nutrition based near Milton Keynes is a business run by Robin Dowswell which aims to encourage the adoption of more healthy diets and lifestyles.
Why is nutrition important? Well, for most people a significant and permanent change to their diet can help them reach their optimal weight and also improve their current state of health.
Dr Dobbin's business covers many aspects of diet and nutrition, including nutrition for health and for improved performance at sports. Conditions such as overweight, pregnancy and other many others can be addressed from a nutritional and lifestyle perspective. With regards to sporting performance Robin's years of experience in endurance sports such as swimming, cycling and running give him a unique understanding of the nutrition required to achieve at the top level in sport.
Robin can provide one to one consultations, group talks and articles on a variety of nutrition related topics. The business is currently located in Newport Pagnell just north of Milton Keynes.
Training, qualifications & experience
Robin trained for 3 years (2005-2008) to gain his Diploma in Optimum Nutritional Therapy from Premier International.
He has worked freelance since qualification with a variety of clients. He also gives informative talks to companies and sports clubs and writes regular articles on nutritional topics for the website www.drdobbin.co.uk.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- High blood pressure *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
1st consultation (75 minutes): £70
Follow up consultations (60 minutes): £50
Talks and articles: poa
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sustainable weight-loss
- Gut flora and losing weight
- IBS with diarrhoea
- How to prevent kidney stones recurring
- The best diet for breastfeeding
- Managing gestational and type 2 diabetes
Other Areas I can help with:
Advice on integrating nutrition with training programmes
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Weekdays 8:30am-6:30pm. Other times by special arrangement.