Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
Consultations can either take place virtually via Zoom/Skype or they can be held in person at The Chelsea Pharmacy Medical Clinic (email@example.com)), 61-63 Sloane Ave, SW3 3DH, depending on your preference. The initial consultation lasts between an hour and an hour and a half, depending on individual circumstances. It covers a number of topics to better understand not just medical symptoms but also the background, medical history, eating habits and lifestyle factors. This information may need to be integrated by functional tests (blood, urine, stool) in order to assess imbalances that could be at the root of your health issues.
After all the information is analyzed, a full report is prepared and discussed with the patient. The report highlights:
- Red Flags: what are the suspected causes of imbalances.
- Action Points: suggested steps to be taken by the patient to address the Red Flags.
- A Sustainable Nutritional Programme based on the patient’s food preferences.
A second consultation is usually scheduled after three to five weeks. This is a chance for the patient to discuss the successes and the challenges of the previous weeks and how to consolidate the wins for the long term.
The quickest way to get in touch with me to find out how we can work together is to go ahead and book a free 20-minute discovery call using the calendar in my website https://chelseanutritionist.com/contact/ or sending me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (IFMCP)
- College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) graduate and a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT), the Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners (FNTP) and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council(CNHC).
- Certified by the department of twin Research, King's College London. Map my Map Affiliated Health Professional
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Hormone Advanced Practice Module - Chicago, IL
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Energy Advanced Practice Module - Chicago, IL
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module - Austin, Tx
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Immune Advanced Practice Module - Austin, Tx
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Gastrointestinal GI advanced Practice Module - Chicago, IL
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). Applying Functional Medicine Clinical Practice Module - Atlanta, IL
- HeartMath® institute (self regulation technique). Licensed HeartMath Coach
- British Society of Anti-ageing Medicine. Antiageing course
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
In addition to Functional Medicine Nutrition consultations, I also run detox retreats in Tuscany, Italy.