97 Disraeli Road
9 Weymouth Street
0208 785 0525 / 07790 831 254
When was the last time you felt really great, looked good and weren't left wondering why test after test comes back normal or you have a medical diagnosis and know that nutrition can help, but you don't feel you know what to do about it? Are your symptoms affecting the way you feel about yourself and your mood?
Melody is a Registered Nutritionist (MSc Personalised Nutrition) and Health Coach, based in London. Melody works with patients with chronic and often complex health conditions, via Nutritional Therapy and Health Coaching.
Melody's nutritional programmes help to reverse, prevent, and slow down disease and age-related processes such as problems conceiving, gut problems, autoimmune disorders, cognitive decline, and more.
Unlike some nutritionists, Melody recommends testing to address the root cause of your health issue. I treat the whole person, not just the disconnected symptoms. As a result, clients who follow my personalized diet and lifestyle programmes typically see significant positive improvements to their health and wellbeing within just 3-6 months
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a free complimentary call or call me directly on 07790 831 254 or 020 8875 0525.
So how does it work?
All consultations are carried out in person, telephone or via skype and it is advised that the first appointment is face-to-face.
Not sure where to start or exactly what you need?
Simply get in touch and I will give you a short complimentary call to assess your exact needs and if nutritional therapy is right for you. If so, we can arrange our first appointment to start you on your unique nutritional programmes and includes:
· 60-90 minute intensive comprehensive health review and assessment (including medical background, hereditary profile, drug nutrient interactions, etc.)
· Recommendations for laboratory tests
· Action points that you can start implementing immediately
· Tailored feedback & recommendations
· Liasing with your GP
· Personalised dietary, supplement, and lifestyle advice
· Recipes (including cookery book recommendations) and handouts
Follow up consultation available on Skype/phone and FREE email support is available between consultations
Please refer to my website for further information: wwwfood4lifecoach.com
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional qualifications are listed below:
- Masters Degree in Personalised Nutrition and qualified in Nutritional Therapy. I was awarded a Distinction at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION), in London, a training clinic regarded as one of the leading nutritional therapy organisations in the UK, with a reputation for both clinical and academic excellence. I was also awarded the prize for Clinical Excellence.
- Qualified NLP (neuro lingistic programming) practitioner.
- Practitioner training course at Foresight, the Association for the promotion of pre-conceptual care.
- Hons degree in Psychology from Bristol University (BSc Psychology).
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (www.cnhc.org.uk)
- Nutritional Therapy Council (www.nutritionaltherapycouncil.org.uk)
- Complementary Medical Association (www.the-cma.org.uk)
- British Association for Nutritional Therapists (BANT, www.bant.org.uk)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
How much does it cost?
Initial Consultation: £195
- What’s wrong with my digestion? Why do I bloat so much?
- How to lose weight without starving yourself
- Menopause: did you know the following healthy eating tips may help ease your symptoms?
- Diabesity: Are you overweight and at risk of a chronic disease, such as diabetes or cancer?
- Heart disease: What you can do to lower your risk
- Could you have a gluten sensitivity or intolerance?
- Alcohol – the highs and the lows
- Are you D-deficient? Why is vitamin D so important?
- Could you cut out sugar for lent?
- Leaky gut – could this be causing your health problems?
- How lycopene can reduce your risk of prostate cancer
- Eat your way out of anxiety: three simple steps
- WHO wants sugar consumption halved
- Are you prediabetic?
- How fat around your waist may be dangerous
- Gut feeling: Is your gut trying to tell you something?
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia prevention, what you need to know
- How to keep your children well and avoid those winter bugs..
- The need for sleep: How nutrition can help
- Diverticular disease
- Food and migraines: How to control your migraines
- Endometriosis - How dietary changes may help
- Eat your way out of depression
- How to get rid of Acne
- Why can't I get pregnant?
- Detoxification – the easy way
- Raynaud's: My hands and feet are always freezing cold!
- Hope for IBS Sufferers
- Understanding hair loss in women
- What really works for PMS
- What has Iodine got to do with your energy, physical and mental (IQ) development?
- Helping to prevent indigestion - Simple dietary and lifestyle changes could help
- Asthma – how can nutrition help with this life threatening respiratory condition?
- Digestive Health – How to keep your digestive tract working effectively
- Hypothyroidism – how it can affect your energy, mood and fertility
- Constipation – probably the most common digestive complaint
- Weight loss – not just another New Year’s resolution!
- IBS – reducing your symptoms may just be possible...
- What you eat before and during pregnancy can really make a difference
- How to ward off those winter bugs!
- “Honey I Shrunk My Brain!” How B Vitamins may slow down brain shrinkage
What Some of My Clients Have Said
"My son has multiple food allergies, his diet was restricted and repetitive. Melody gave us fantastic practical nutritional advice and supplement guidance in order to make sure that his diet was varied and that he was getting all the vitamins and minerals a growing boy needs. I thoroughly recommend her service! (JE, Putney)
“As you know, I suffer from (a hormonal condition) and decided to come and see you because of the severe pain and vomiting I had during my period and feeling sick the rest of the time. Since seeing you, my energy levels have improved and although I still get pain during my period it has gone down from two days to one and I no longer feel sick or vomit. If I hadn’t changed my diet, as you suggested, I don't think I would have been able to go back to work as I was feeling sick all the time.” (JB, London).
"I came to see you earlier this year as I had put on some weight since moving to London. Your advice was invaluable to me.and has laid some important groundwork for my eating habits. I have decided that I am going to utilise your insights...and leverage my personal trainer going forward for monitoring and weighing etc." (DK, Putney).
"When I (Monica Costa, Putney) came to see Melody, Diego was waking up 4-5 times a night and had terrible wind. After explaining to me what foods help promote sleep and what might be contributing to Diego's wind, Melody gave me some sensible dietary advice, which was surprisingly easy to incorporate which made it all the easier!" "When we met up again about a month later, Diego's wind had completely gone and he was only waking up 1-2 times a night."
“I engaged Melody at a critical stage of my life where I had to manage a weight problem due to poor diet and disorganised lifestyle. I needed to lose 12 kilos to reach my ideal weight … It was clear that I had to reorganize my eating habits.
Melody developed a plan to guide me towards a simpler and more balanced choice. I have rediscovered the pleasure of palate through better eating. At every meeting, Melody provided an outline including : my goals, food and dietary tips, and encouragement…After eight months I achieved my goal to lose weight and I continue, despite moving overseas [back to Paris], to apply her advice. I didn’t have to change my family meal habits… for example: the whole family still enjoys bread and pasta, but whole wheat instead of white.
Now I listen to my hunger and I make the right choice! … A more dynamic present, get fit, regularly practice a sport activity gives me the energy that I needed to continue quietly and confidently my life.
Her support throughout the process was precious and I value her advice.” [CL, Putney]
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|