Do you want to improve your brain function, mood, energy and digestion? Melody specialises in helping you reverse, prevent, and slow down disease processes, such as cognitive decline, digestion related problems, autoimmune disorders, weight loss and more, so that you age in the best way possible.
Call me now on 07790 831254 for a free 10 min conversation on how best to proceed.
Melody treats the whole person, and not just the disconnected symptoms and as a result, clients who follow Melody's tailored, personalised diet and lifestyle programme typically see significant positive improvements to their health and wellbeing within just 3-6 months.
Not sure where to start or exactly what you need?
Please click here to send me an email to book your complimentary pre-appointment telephone assessment with no obligation to carry on. This will enable me to assess your exact needs and if nutritional therapy is right for you and to answer any questions you may have. If so, we can arrange our first appointment to start you on your unique nutritional programmes and includes:
- 60-90 minute intensive comprehensive health review and assessment (including medical background, hereditary profile, drug nutrient interactions, etc.)
- Recommendations for laboratory tests
- Action points that you can start implementing immediately
- Tailored feedback & recommendations
- Liaising with your GP
- Personalised dietary, supplement, and lifestyle advice
- Recipes (including cookery book recommendations) and handouts
- Follow up consultation available on Skype/phone
- Email support is available between consultations, where necessary.
When was the last time you felt really great, looked good and weren't left wondering why test after test comes back normal or you have a medical diagnosis and know that nutrition can help, but you don't feel you know what to do about it?
Please refer to my website for further information: wwwfood4lifecoach.com
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional qualifications are listed below:
- Masters Degree in Personalised Nutrition and qualified in Nutritional Therapy. I was awarded a Distinction at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION), in London, a training clinic regarded as one of the leading nutritional therapy organisations in the UK, with a reputation for both clinical and academic excellence. I was also awarded the prize for Clinical Excellence.
- Qualified NLP (neuro lingistic programming) practitioner.
- Melody also works in collaboration with Lucille Leader, Dip ION, with Parkinson's Disease patients.
- Practitioner training course at Foresight, the Association for the promotion of pre-conceptual care.
- Hons degree in Psychology from Bristol University (BSc Psychology).
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (www.cnhc.org.uk)
- Nutritional Therapy Council (www.nutritionaltherapycouncil.org.uk)
- Complementary Medical Association (www.the-cma.org.uk)
- British Association for Nutritional Therapists (BANT, www.bant.org.uk)
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of nutrition deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
How much does it cost?
Initial Consultation: £195
- Can Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, and mild cognitive decline be reversed?
- Certain nutrients help support your digestive tract and digestive functioning
- Could my digestive symptoms be linked to my depression?
- How can a high fat diet, like the popular keto diet, lead to digestive problems?
- Could your digestive problems be due to gut dysbiosis?
- Mindful eating: A tool to fix your digestive problems
- What’s wrong with my digestion? Why do I bloat so much?
- How to lose weight without starving yourself
- Menopause: did you know the following healthy eating tips may help ease your symptoms?
- Diabesity: Are you overweight and at risk of a chronic disease, such as diabetes or cancer?
- Heart disease: What you can do to lower your risk
- Could you have a gluten sensitivity or intolerance?
- Alcohol – the highs and the lows
- Are you D-deficient? Why is vitamin D so important?
- Could you cut out sugar for lent?
- Leaky gut – could this be causing your health problems?
- How lycopene can reduce your risk of prostate cancer
- Eat your way out of anxiety: three simple steps
- WHO wants sugar consumption halved
- Are you prediabetic?
- How fat around your waist may be dangerous
- Gut feeling: Is your gut trying to tell you something?
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia prevention, what you need to know
- How to keep your children well and avoid those winter bugs..
- The need for sleep: How nutrition can help
- Diverticular disease
- Food and migraines: How to control your migraines
- Endometriosis - How dietary changes may help
- Eat your way out of depression
- How to get rid of Acne
- Why can't I get pregnant?
- Detoxification – the easy way
- Raynaud's: My hands and feet are always freezing cold!
- Hope for IBS Sufferers
- Understanding hair loss in women
- What really works for PMS
- What has Iodine got to do with your energy, physical and mental (IQ) development?
- Helping to prevent indigestion - Simple dietary and lifestyle changes could help
- Asthma – how can nutrition help with this life threatening respiratory condition?
- Digestive Health – How to keep your digestive tract working effectively
- Hypothyroidism – how it can affect your energy, mood and fertility
- Constipation – probably the most common digestive complaint
- Weight loss – not just another New Year’s resolution!
- IBS – reducing your symptoms may just be possible...
- What you eat before and during pregnancy can really make a difference
- How to ward off those winter bugs!
- “Honey I Shrunk My Brain!” How B Vitamins may slow down brain shrinkage
What Some of My Clients Have Said
"My son has multiple food allergies, his diet was restricted and repetitive. Melody gave us fantastic practical nutritional advice and supplement guidance in order to make sure that his diet was varied and that he was getting all the vitamins and minerals a growing boy needs. I thoroughly recommend her service!" (JE, Putney).
“As you know, I suffer from (a hormonal condition) and decided to come and see you because of the severe pain and vomiting I had during my period and feeling sick the rest of the time. Since seeing you, my energy levels have improved and although I still get pain during my period it has gone down from two days to one and I no longer feel sick or vomit. If I hadn’t changed my diet, as you suggested, I don't think I would have been able to go back to work as I was feeling sick all the time.” (JB, London).
"I came to see you earlier this year as I had put on some weight since moving to London. Your advice was invaluable to me.and has laid some important groundwork for my eating habits. I have decided that I am going to utilise your insights...and leverage my personal trainer going forward for monitoring and weighing etc." (DK, Putney).
"When I (Monica Costa, Putney) came to see Melody, Diego was waking up 4-5 times a night and had terrible wind. After explaining to me what foods help promote sleep and what might be contributing to Diego's wind, Melody gave me some sensible dietary advice, which was surprisingly easy to incorporate which made it all the easier! When we met up again about a month later, Diego's wind had completely gone and he was only waking up 1-2 times a night.
I engaged Melody at a critical stage of my life where I had to manage a weight problem due to poor diet and disorganised lifestyle. I needed to lose 12 kilos to reach my ideal weight … It was clear that I had to reorganise my eating habits.
Melody developed a plan to guide me towards a simpler and more balanced choice. I have rediscovered the pleasure of palate through better eating. At every meeting, Melody provided an outline including : my goals, food and dietary tips, and encouragement…After eight months I achieved my goal to lose weight and I continue, despite moving overseas [back to Paris], to apply her advice. I didn’t have to change my family meal habits… for example: the whole family still enjoys bread and pasta, but whole wheat instead of white.
Now I listen to my hunger and I make the right choice! … A more dynamic present, get fit, regularly practice a sport activity gives me the energy that I needed to continue quietly and confidently my life.
Her support throughout the process was precious and I value her advice.” [CL, Putney]