Karen Swindall MSc, PG Dip, BSc (Hons) mBANT & CHNC
B H I Parkside
I offer an expert and caring Nutritional Therapy service in Worcester and Bromsgrove.
As a Nutritional Therapist, I believe that my role is to give my clients the information, motivation and conviction to make changes to their diet. I do this by helping them to understand how nutrition works in supporting the underlying processes in the body which may be contributing to their health issues. Only by showing them this are my clients able to address their health issues and take more control over their future health.
If you are feeling any of these symptoms:
- Do you suffer with hormonal issues and feel they are out of whack.
- Do you feel stressed, totally overwhelmed and tearful at the drop of a hat?
- Low in energy and mood, always feeling fatigued and unable to concentrate properly.
- Are you constantly craving food?
- Are you piling on the pounds for no reason and eating just small amounts of food?
- Always hungry and suffering with sugar dips even after you have just eaten but never put on any weight?
Call me for a free 15 minute chat as I may be able to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Nutritional Therapist with a Masters in Nutritional Therapy from Worcester University.
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT).
- Registered with The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Health
- Qualifications in Nutritional Counselling and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
The first consultation lasts approximately 1.1/4 – 1.1/2 hours and costs £70.
At your first consultation we will spend time talking about your present diet, your current and past medical history, and any symptoms that you may be currently experiencing. My aim is to investigate the root causes of your symptoms. We will discuss the aims of your treatment plan and how you will be able to achieve these, centred around your goals and lifestyle. We may discuss any laboratory tests that might be useful either through your GP or from private laboratories.
The second consultation lasts approximately 1 hour and costs £50.
This should be booked 3 to 4 weeks after the first consultation. I will spend time researching your case further and write a personalised treatment plan for you. This will be discussed in the 2nd consultation which will include food related advice, lifestyle related advice and if appropriate I may prescribe supplements or discuss further laboratory tests that might be useful either through your GP or from private laboratories.
My fees reflect the research carried out both before and after the consultations to ensure that my recommendations are safe, effective and tailored to the needs of the individual. The total price is £120.
Each client receives personalised advice on:
- Specific foods they may need to increase such as fruits and vegetables or decrease processed foods
- Handouts on the benefits of certain foods alongside recipes making it easier to incorporate changes to one’s diet
- Supplements that they may require for short periods of time, and the reasons why
- Lifestyle recommendations
"I approached Karen as I really needed help. I had read that poor diet can contribute to my condition and symptoms, which had been deteriorating for some months. Karen really took the time to listen and research my condition and gave me recommendations that were personally tailored to me and my lifestyle. She helped to plan a practical way forward and gave me great tailored advice on supplements, diet and overall my food approach. Through Karen's guidance I learned how to understand food and how my body works with food. After a couple of weeks, I already started to see improvements to my energy and wellness levels. I cannot recommend Karen enough to anyone looking for bespoke nutritional advice and would like to thank her for her patience, understanding and knowledge. The difference it has made to how I feel now - physically and mentally is outstanding!"
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Private Practice Mon-Thurs afternoons and Saturdays located in WR2: 07806 611282
BHI Parkside on Fridays pm: 01527 888590