Karen Swindall MSc, PG Dip, BSc (Hons) mBANT & CHNC
I offer an expert and caring Nutritional Therapy service in Worcester and Bromsgrove.
As a Nutritional Therapist, I believe that my role is to give my clients the information, motivation, and conviction to make changes to their diet. I do this by helping them to understand how nutrition works in supporting the underlying processes in the body which may be contributing to their health issues. Only by showing them this is my clients able to address their health issues and take more control over their future health.
If you are feeling any of these symptoms:
- Do you suffer from hormonal issues and feel they are out of whack.
- Do you feel stressed, totally overwhelmed and tearful at the drop of a hat?
- Low in energy and mood, always feeling fatigued and unable to concentrate properly.
- Are you constantly craving food?
- Are you piling on the pounds for no reason and eating just small amounts of food?
- Always hungry and suffering from sugar dips even after you have just eaten but never put on any weight?
Call me for a free 15-minute chat as I may be able to help you.
If you have any questions or would like to book a consultation with me, then you are welcome to either call or text me on 07806 611282 or if you would prefer to send me an email, then you can do so by clicking here.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Nutritional Therapist with a Masters in Nutritional Therapy from Worcester University.
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy (BANT).
- Registered with The Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Health
- Qualifications in Nutritional Counselling and Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I believe that working with clients over a period of 8-12 weeks works best, over that time period they receive the support, coaching, and commitment to help them make the necessary changes to improve their overall health. I offer clients different packages that focus on their needs.
Sparkle and Bloom your way through your 50's and Beyond
- the starting price is £225
Enjoy Losing Weight whilst Eating Great Food
- the starting price is £225
Nutrition and Lifestyle MOT 60 minutes
- Price £95
I also do just a consultation and follow up
- Price £160
The first consultation lasts approximately 1. 1/2 hours
At your first consultation, we will spend time talking about your present diet, your current and past medical history, and any symptoms that you may be currently experiencing. My aim is to investigate the root causes of your symptoms. We will discuss the aims of your treatment plan and how you will be able to achieve these, centered around your goals and lifestyle. We may discuss any laboratory tests that might be useful either through your GP or from private laboratories.
The second consultation lasts approximately 1 hour.
This should be booked 3 weeks after the first consultation. I will spend time researching your case further and write a personalised treatment plan for you. This will be discussed in the 2nd consultation which will include food-related advice, lifestyle-related advice and if appropriate I may prescribe supplements or discuss further laboratory tests that might be useful either through your GP or from private laboratories.
My fees reflect the research carried out both before and after the consultations to ensure that my recommendations are safe, effective and tailored to the needs of the individual.
Each client receives personalised advice on:
- Specific foods they may need to increase such as fruits and vegetables or decrease processed foods
- Handouts on the benefits of certain foods alongside recipes making it easier to incorporate changes to one’s diet
- Supplements that they may require for short periods of time, and the reasons why
- Lifestyle recommendations.
I met Karen at a very low point beaten by long term conditions and approaching my 50's. Karen really listened to me building up history from childhood to date to advise a controlled approach to increasing supportive foods and eliminating problem ones.
Over a number of sessions, I would say I have presented Karen with many challenges and she has researched these meticulously, offering detailed solutions.
My life in 9 months of working with Karen looks very different. I no longer have a bad relationship with food, my long term conditions have improved sufficiently for me to take a regular programme of exercise and I have lost a significant amount of weight. I now have excellent blood sugar and cholesterol results and have eliminated any weight risks.
In summation, I have gained precious time and an improved life working with Karen and would highly recommend her services to those looking to make better health choices.
I visited Karen a few months ago, feeling tired; having many painful head issues and just generally feeling low. Karen helped me to get some blood tests for general health testing along with some food allergy/intolerance tests. With the aid of the results and Karen’s patient understanding and knowledge, I was able to adjust my diet.
In just 6 weeks I have lost 10.5 lbs in weight, feel more motivated and have hardly any painful head issues. Its almost too good to believe as I didn’t even think my painful head issues were related to my diet. I am truly thankful that I sort the advice from Karen who has proven to be the best professional help I could ever have wished for. I just wish I had taken the plunge earlier.
"I approached Karen as I really needed help. I had read that poor diet can contribute to my condition and symptoms, which had been deteriorating for some months. Karen really took the time to listen and research my condition and gave me recommendations that were personally tailored to me and my lifestyle. She helped to plan a practical way forward and gave me great tailored advice on supplements, diet and overall my food approach. Through Karen's guidance I learned how to understand food and how my body works with food. After a couple of weeks, I already started to see improvements to my energy and wellness levels. I cannot recommend Karen enough to anyone looking for bespoke nutritional advice and would like to thank her for her patience, understanding and knowledge. The difference it has made to how I feel now - physically and mentally is outstanding!"
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Private Practice Mon- Wed, Friday & Saturdays located in WR2: 07806 611282
Wishing Well Bromsgrove Thursday: 01527 570838