Karen Brooks B Sc(Hons) PGDip mBANT mCNHC
I am a Registered Nutritional Therapist based in North Yorkshire and I work with clients of all ages to help them to identify changes which they can make to their diet and lifestyle in order to improve their health and sense of wellbeing.
I understand that there is a great deal of information in the media, books and health blogs which often gives conflicting advice and can cause confusion. There is no "one size fits all" approach as we are all biochemically and genetically unique so what works for one person may not work for another. My aim is to work alongside you to get to the root cause of your health issues and develop a personalised plan that is tailored to suit your lifestyle.
I am aware that making changes can be difficult and I offer support between consultations to help keep you motivated and on track.
My special interests are in supporting gut health and mental health although I see people with a whole range of health concerns.
As well as one-to-one consultations, I deliver talks and workshops to various groups including school groups.
For more detailed information about the services I offer please have a look at my website www.karenbrooks.co.uk
If you are interested in booking a consultation or wish to discuss how nutritional therapy could benefit you please contact me to arrange a free 15-minute chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
I received my Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition Science and Practice from the renowned Northern College of Acupuncture in York - this included many hours of clinical practice.
I am registered with the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), practising within the strict BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Recent additional CPD training includes
- Masterclass in the microbiome and digestive support (12 hour course)
- "Cancer - Nutritional support before, during and after treatment and beyond" - 3 day course at Institute of Optimum Nutrition.
- Women's hormonal health (6 hours)
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
A Personalised Programme comprising a longer initial consultation and two follow-up consultations - prices start at £225. Details of what is included can be seen on my website at www.karenbrooks.co.uk/work-with-me.
Additional follow-up consultations are priced at £45. Please contact me to arrange a FREE phone call to discuss your requirements.
Consultations focus on addressing the root cause of your health concerns and not just covering up the symptoms.
During consultations we will:
- Discuss your main health aims
- Discuss your current health concerns and health history
- Consider your dietary intake and lifestyle
- Agree on an action plan that is personalised to meet your needs
- Agree tools and resources to support your aims
In further consultations, we will review progress, make any necessary adjustments to the plan and continue the search for root causes.
Consultation fees include research as appropriate, preparation of a personalised action plan and coaching and support between consultations.
I have a "food first" approach. However, sometimes nutritional supplements can be helpful to provide additional support and recommendations will be made where appropriate.
Sometimes laboratory testing is recommended to provide further information which helps to identify the root cause of health issues. Many of these tests can be done by you at home or are available by your G.P.
Home visits are available in some areas. Please contact me for further details.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm Saturday 10am - 1pm