Judy Merrick, Nutritional Therapist, Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHC
I am a BANT Registered Nutritional Therapist, Naturopath and Metabolic Balance Coach, based near Market Harborough, Leicestershire and conveniently located for Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, and the Midlands. I can also do skype and telephone consultations for those further afield.
I studied for 4 years and graduated in Nutrition and Naturopathy from the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London, and qualified as a Metabolic Balance Coach in 2018. As well as running my private practice, I have over 10 years experience working as a Senior Practitioner at an exclusive natural health spa specialising in detoxification and weight loss. I am also a registered Colon Hydrotherapist.
The food we eat can have a profound effect, either positive or negative, on our health and well-being. I do not believe, however, in a "one size fits all" approach to nutrition, and I consider each person to be an individual with their own personal health story and requirements. During your 90 minute initial consultation, we will explore in detail how life events, past health, and current diet and lifestyle might be causing or contributing to your current health concerns.
As well as taking a thorough case history, I may use Naturopathic methods such as such as nail & tongue diagnosis to help me complete the picture. I also work with a number of Functional Testing Laboratories and may also recommend this route if appropriate. Tests that I most commonly work with include:
- Food Sensitivity Test - assessing IgG and Immune Complex reactions to 132 items
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis - identifying imbalances in the gut which may be impacting health throughout the body
- Total Thyroid Screen - assessing all thyroid hormones (not just TSH) plus thyroid antibodies
- Comprehensive Adrenal Stress Profile - the impact of stress on cortisol, DHEA and SIgA levels
- Organic Acids Test - a helicopter view of the major processes in the body
- Functional Blood Chemistry - assessing 80 different markers and flagging up imbalances, deficiencies and priorities.
I also trained in Venepuncture (phlebotomy) with Surrey Pathology Services so can take blood samples when required.
You will leave your initial consultation with some clear recommendations about foods to include or limit to help with your concerns, suggestions for healthy meals, and general guidelines on how to live a healthier life. In some cases a specific therapeutic diet may be recommended. I may also recommend nutritional or herbal supplements (at extra cost although my clients get discounted rates with my suppliers).
After 2 weeks we will have a 15 minute telephone conversation to see how you're getting on with the programme. Follow up appointments after 4 weeks will help to assess progress and keep you on track.
If you would like a free 15 minute consultation to see what Nutritional Therapy can do for you, please call me on 07847 209204.
Training, qualifications & experience
I belong to the following professional associations:
- BANT (British Association of Nutritional Therapy and Lifestyle Medicine
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- NAP (National Association of Phlebotomists)
- ANP (Association of Naturopathic Practitioners)
I hold the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (College of Naturopathic Medicine, London)
- Diploma in Naturopathy (College of Naturopathic Medicine, London)
- Certificate in Adult Venepuncture (Surrey Pathology Services)
- Certificate - Metabolic Balance Coach Training
Over the years I have supported people with a number of health conditions such as Diabetes, Weight issues, High Blood Pressure/Cholesterol, Hypo/Hyper Thyroid, Adrenal Stress, IBS & IBD, Digestive Issues, Auto-Immune Conditions, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Food Allergies/Intolerances and many more.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Nutritional/Naturopathic Consultation (Initial) £95 for 90 minutes (includes a 15 minute telephone conversation after 2 weeks to see how you're getting on)
- Follow up Consultation £65 for 45 minutes
- Phlebotomy £45 standard blood draw per kit (additional kit £10)
- With centrifuge/separation £65 per kit (additional kit £15)
- 3 month Metabolic Balance Programme £850 - Includes One Hour Initial Consultation, Blood Test, Personalised Nutrition Programme based on blood results, 5 x half hour follow up consultations
Free 15 minute consultation (by appointment and if required) to see what Nutritional Therapy & Lifestyle Medicine can do for you.
I prefer to see clients face to face at least for the Initial Consultation, but I can conduct skype or telephone consultations if necessary.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
There is a small step up into consultation room. Car Park a few yards away, and parking in front of consultation room is sometimes possible
I see clients on a Tue or a Thu. I can sometimes do evening or appointments