Jackie Donkin BSc, mBANT, CHNC, NTCC
What you want to know now! ...
An Initial Health Review Consultation will comprise of a 90 minute Nutritional Therapy consultation providing you with a Health and Lifestyle Plan, in report format.
A 10-week Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle Programme will comprise of the following elements, where applicable;
* An Initial Nutritional Therapy Consultation (90 minutes)
* Food Diary interpretation
* A personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan, developed and evolved step-by-step during 10 weeks, tailored to your needs and circumstances.
* A personalised supplement plan, and explanation, will be included if required with any drug/nutrient contraindications assessed
* The plan will include recommendations for GP or private functional tests, if required.
* Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly support/accountability calls depending on the plan chosen
* Education and clarification on the protocol of recommended support depending on client’s requirements; for example; blood sugar balance, food group relevance (carbohydrate, protein, fats), ratio of food groups, highlighting healthy food choices, pitfalls of processed foods, essential omega balance, cooking from scratch, meal planning, healthy snacks, Wellness Solution guidelines, diversity in the diet ….
* Lifestyle advice for improving sleep, energy, digestion and mood fluctuations
* Recipe ideas/shopping lists
* Essential store cupboard advice
* Telephone and Email support provided throughout.
* Advice and support if and when experiencing any barriers, challenging situations. * Coaching and guidance on how to approach these situations
The Nutrition and Lifestyle programmes are based over a 10 to 12-week timescale. What level of support do you need? How frequent will our consultations be? What area of your health are we going to address first?
Please get in touch for an informal 15-minute Welcome call to discuss your health concerns with me.
So ... what is Nutritional Therapy and how can it help you ....
Nutritional Therapy is a strategy for health, encompassing the belief that "our food is our medicine and our medicine is our food". Following a detailed analysis of dietary and nutritional intake, a detailed health and family case history and an insight into current lifestyle factors; the principles of nutritional therapy can be applied. Here there is the potential to link the symptoms being experienced to possible nutritional imbalances and/or an under functioning of the body systems. Following an initial consultation, a personalised programme for diet and lifestyle changes can then be advised in order to promote optimal health.
The elements of a Nutritional Therapy Consultation ...
Preparation… Nutritional Therapy treats each patient as an individual, addressing YOUR concerns, YOUR priorities and YOUR commitment to the development of our programme. After our initial contact, a questionnaire will be forwarded to you for completion. This will highlight your health concerns; tell me about your lifestyle, medications you may be taking and medical history. This will reduce the time spent in our consultation having to record all this information – which is imperative to the devising of the programme.
A food diary will also need to be completed. This records your food intake for five days. Although laborious this is critical to ascertaining foods that may be precursors to the symptoms/complaints that you are experiencing - again reducing the time allocated during our consultation to this task.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc in Nutritional Medicine (Thames Valley University)
As part of the Code of Conduct, as specified by the governing bodies I am a member of, The British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT), the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC), I am required to comply with stipulations associated with Continued Professional Development (CPDs). This means that to adhere to the Standards of Performance, I must keep my professional knowledge and skills up to date. I am therefore posting a list of the seminars/lectures I have attended in the last 2 years. I trust that one of these may be of particular relevance to your current health concern and that you will be reassured that I have access to the latest information and findings on that health concern;
- Health Coaching Skills for Nutritional Professionals, May 2021 - Zest4life
- Microbiome Testing and The Gut and Immune System, May 2021 - Atlas Biomed
- Balancing Cholesterol and Heart Heath Naturally, May 2021 - Hifas Da Terra
- Migraine and Diet, March 2021 - Bionutri
- Oestrogen Dominance, March 2021 - Lifecode GX
- The Future of Personalised Nutrition, February 2021 - The Nutrition Network
- The Lymphatic System, February 2021, Bionutri
- Gut Health, Leaky Gut and How the Microbiome Controls Immune Response, February 2021, Microbiome Lab
- Applying Intuitive Eating and None-diet Approaches in Practice, October 2020 - London Centre for Intuitive Eating
- Vegan Diets - Person Centred Practice, October 2020 - The Vegan Society (Nutriweb)
- Histamine Response, October 2020 - Bionutri
- Menopause - A Pause for Thought, July 2020 - Biocare
- The Wonderful World of Mucous, June 2020 - Bionutri
- Building Resilience; Clinical Strategies, May 2020 - Cytoplan
- Microbiome Host Interactions in Health and Disease - April 2020, Invivo Health
- Eating Well During Lockdown - April 2020, MyNutriWed
- Ferrolactin; Low Iron Levels? April 2020, BioNutri
- Magnesium - The Missing Mineral in Female Health? - October 2019 - Igennus - Danielle Crida
- Female Ecology; The Menopausal Vagina - September 2019 - Invivo Clinical UK
- Advanced GI Strategies - September 2019 - Regenerus Labs - Robyn Puglia
- Optimal Vegan Nutrition - August 2019 - Igennus Healthcare Nutrition
- Mental Health and the Microbiome - July 2019 - Igennus Lab - Miguel Toribio-Mateas
- Sustainable Healthy Eating - July 2019 - Nutri (Alpro Foundation)
- Nurturing Your Nature; 5 Elements of Health - July 2019 - BioCare
- The Importance of the Microbiome - July 2019 - OptiBac Probiotic
- Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME; A Clinical Approach- April 2019 - Igennus
- Basic Pharmacology and Drug-Nutrient Interactions - March 2019 - Integrative Health Education
... Previous seminar listings on request
I have also been involved with many 'Wellness' and 'Healthy Eating' projects working with both children and adults. These programmes concentrate on how incorporating healthy eating and healthy lifestyle changes can have a positive impact on health.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
From £130.00 to £625.00
Free initial telephone session
I offer a flexible approach to meet your specific needs:
An Initial Health Review consultation ... £130
A 10-week Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle Programme;
Essential Package … £310
Advanced Package … £430
Ultimate Package … £625
Please contact for details ....
If you have an interest in looking at how food can influence your health and think you and your symptoms may benefit from doing just that, please give me a call. I am more than happy to have an informal discussion, and you can see whether nutritional therapy is for you...
Below are some testimonials that previous clients have been kind enough to write...
My blood sugar levels are starting to come right down now, constantly between 6 and 7 and sometimes 5.9. My Doctor is looking to reduce my medication if this downward trend continues
(Gerard, Bewdley, Worcestershire)
I approached Jackie because I have Rosacea and had read that diet can contribute quite a bit to the condition, which had been deteriorating for some months. Following an initial phone chat, Jackie analysed a food diary that I completed for her and then provided me with a very comprehensive consultation that left no stone unturned.
With a knowledgeable and flexible approach, Jackie helped me to plan a perfectly practical way forward, changing some bad habits along the way. After a couple of weeks I started to see improvements to my skin and I am continuing with Jackie’s recommendations in the hopes that I have found some of the roots to my problem at long last. I would definitely recommend Jackie to anyone looking for bespoke nutritional advice – she is worth every penny!
(Anna, Martley, Worcestershire)
I found Jackie very easy to talk to, which might be the most important aspect of a first session with any therapist. She was totally non-judgemental as I revealed the idiosyncrasies of my diet. She is also knowledgeable, thorough and a good communicator. A long-term health condition meant that I had to address my lifestyle and Jackie has helped me enormously. I feel good just thinking about how much better I am going to be looking after myself.
(Naomi, Kidderminster, Worcestershire)
I would like to thank Jackie for her recommendations, guidance and excellent advice. The consultation identified strengths and weaknesses within my diet and provided a platform from which to build and implement a nutritional plan that allowed me to move forward addressing my health and social needs. The nutritional advise and awareness allows me to be flexible in my food selection and enjoy the process (which is 90% of the battle) in promoting good health. My passion is to undertake and compete in endurance events and this process has supported this enhancing my overall general well being and performance. The advantage of having “a go to person” for post consultation guidance and recommendation is an appreciated added bonus. The information provided by Jackie is always of the highest standard.
(Christopher, Halesowen West Midlands)
Jackie's advice was well researched and thoughtful and has supported me in my decision to try and reduce the possibility of a recurrence of health problems. I believe the importance of good nutrition is underestimated - Jackie is working to help people understand this for themselves. She is an approachable and knowledgeable guide.
Thank you Jackie for being so easy to talk to and knowledgeable; having followed your advice the bloating and cramps disappeared. I have recommended you to my friend
I was referred to Jackie Donkin by a fellow therapist . The advice received was well researched and given in an interesting and easily understandable way . This was backed up by well laid out notes to help me follow the regime recommended . I had no problems following the nutritional program which has led to my recovery and a feeling of well being. In short it is good Nutrition made easy . I commend Jackie Donkin