Dr Carol A Granger DProf MSc MRSB CBiol FBANT
Good nutrition is the foundation for good health. My aim is to help each of my clients to optimise their health and improve their quality of life. I am committed to evidence-based practice of the highest standard, and regulation of the nutritional therapy profession.
How can I help You?
We are all unique, and we therefore all have different nutritional and dietary needs. My clients seek nutritional therapy for many different reasons. Many of my clients have complex health histories and have experienced chronic ill health, and are looking for help with recovery. I also work with clients looking to optimise their health, perhaps being aware of risk factors and family history, or complex health issues that affect their sports performance.
What To Expect
Before your first session I will ask you to fill in a detailed questionnaire so I can learn about you and your history. Important aspects of your health that I consider include your family history, personal health history, your current diet and lifestyle. Any medications or other treatments you have, or recently had, are very important to note, so that my recommendations do not interfere with other care you are receiving. I use functional and nutrigenetic testing where appropriate, to guide nutritional care.
I will then create a bespoke food plan for you, taking into account your lifestyle and preferences. I work on the principle of Food First, which means that nutritional supplements are only recommended as a support, not instead of the right diet.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc(Hons) Biochemistry, University of London
- MSc Microbiology, University of London
- Nutritional Therapy Diploma
- Nutritional Therapy Council Certificate of Competence
- Herbal Medicine Diploma
- PGCE for Further and Higher Education
- Professional Doctorate in Health Sciences, University of Westminster
Member of the Nutrition Society
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Chartered Biologist and Member of the Royal Society of Biology
Member of the British Society for Integrative Oncology
Before working in nutritional therapy I had over 20 years experience in biomedical sciences in microbiology research, clinical diagnostics, human tissue banking and medical technology including parenteral nutrition. This extensive health sciences knowledge and experience enables me to work effectively with clients with complex health pictures.
I have completed the professional doctoral programme at the University of Westminster, researching the practice of nutritional therapy for people affected by cancer.
I am Co-Chair and Trustee of the Research Council for Complementary Medicine (RCCM).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
I offer appointments at my Midhurst or London clinics, or home visits within 10 miles of my Midhurst practice, where needed. Please contact me directly for information about my fees.
I provide Nutrigenetic testing and functional medicine testing, and also integrate the use of herbs with nutritional therapy where appropriate.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|