Sarah Grant (DipNut, mBANT, mCNHC, mFNTP), Gut Reaction
Hi, I'm Sarah, an experienced nutritional therapist with a mind-body approach to nutrition and wellbeing.
In my practice, Gut Reaction, I draw on the latest in nutritional science, gut health, clinical testing, intuitive eating, and wellbeing coaching.
My personalised guidance is designed to help you discover and address the root causes of the challenges you face, and connect you with good nutrition and healthful lifestyle habits in a manageable, meaningful and creative way.
How can I help you?
If you suffer from bloating, food sensitivities, cravings or low energy levels, or if you struggling to manage your weight in a healthy, sustainable way, your gut may be trying to tell you something is amiss. It’s time to rethink your nutrition and eating patterns. But old habits or self-beliefs can be hard to shift on your own.
With my help you can:
- Rebalance your gut health
- Reconnect with a positive relationship with food,
and find and maintain the natural healthy weight for you
- Reset habits to better support your body and mind,
- Recharge your energy
Why choose me as your nutritionist?
Compassionate and dedicated to your success, I’m the friendly motivator and qualified professional you need to inspire you to overcome challenges with your diet, lifestyle or gut health - and to make lasting, fulfilling changes.
I work with a small number of clients in a highly personalised way, whom I see through my virtual clinic (online or via Skype) or at my consultation rooms near Virginia Water, Surrey.
What happens next?
Please call or text me on: 07974 221 994 or click here to send me an email in the first instance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy
- Psychological Approaches to Obesity (National Centre for Eating Disorders)
- Associate member of Patrick Holford's Zest4Life (with coaching training drawing on NLP, CBT, ACT techniques and mindfulness)
- Certified Food & Spirit™ practitioner, having trained under the wing of Dr Deanna Minich to learn how to use the Food & Spirit methodology™ for holistic, evidence-based and personalised lifestyle medicine.
- Member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Gut Reaction is fully insured for Nutritional Therapy.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
I offer the following broad support programmes devised to address the major areas my clients wish to address:
Restore balance to your gut, get relief from chronic symptoms affecting digestion and reclaim your mind and body wellbeing through strategic, personalised nutrition and lifestyle medicine, and learning how to best nourish your gut for short and long-term health.
Tap into your unique genetic information to discover what your body needs to achieve your weight and wellness goals, and have a powerful, personal blueprint for life-long eating and lifestyle choices that help enable your body and health to truly thrive.
Reconnect with a positive, healthy relationship with food, learn to listen to your innate body wisdom and improve your intuition around eating and lifestyle choices. This is a nourishing, transformative journey to a more confident, joyful relationship with food and your body.
Reignite your energy levels, get your glow back and improve your stress resilience with nutritional support and wellbeing coaching to help you better manage your personal energy resources for mind-body balance and success at work and play.
Each programme will be personally tailored and delivered step-by-step to ensure that all the nutritional and lifestyle recommendations truly fit with your unique needs, lifestyle and goals.
Support is available from £175. Please talk to me as bespoke packages will be structured and tailored to meet your goals and your budget.
The latest in clinical laboratory testing is offered to help ascertain a deeper understanding of your health status and unique nutritional needs:
- Advanced stool analysis and gut flora profiling to identify and support weaknesses in gastrointestinal health
- Nutri-genetic testing and DNA-based eating plans to help optimise health and manage weight
- Food sensitivity and allergy panels
- Optimum Nutrition Evaluation to develop understanding of personal nutrient requirements
- Hair mineral analysis
- Hormone balance profiles (including adrenals, thyroid and the sex hormones)
- Cardiovascular health marker testing
Appointments are available at my consultation rooms near Virginia Water, Surrey. Please get in touch regarding availability. Other consultations outside of these areas are by arrangement.
Alternatively, my online services (via Skype or phone) may suit your schedule or location best - it’s your choice.
What my clients are saying
“I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Sarah, her knowledge, compassion, friendliness and caring approach to help make people better is outstanding.”
— S. Richards
“I can’t recommend Sarah Grant highly enough. If you feel you’d like to do something about your weight or wellness but don’t know how to start then get in touch with her... it might just change your life.”
— Ian Pickering
"Safe to say Sarah has had a hugely positive impact on not only my health but my outlook on nutrition, life and wellbeing. I suffered with bloating for years and without Sarah I don’t think I ever would’ve uncovered the root cause. I feel so much better now and although it’s still a journey I’ve taken on so much advice and teachings. It was hard work and I was sceptical on the new findings but I feel like a new person, comfortable in my body and happy!"
- Aneesha Johal
"Sarah has a really special approach. She wants to know about you, your life, your habits, your emotions before discussing your diet. Actually, she won’t give you a diet, she will give you an opportunity to change your life.
By following her guidance, you will see physical and mental changes. Before working with her, I was following restricted diets and feeling bad about my body image.
After our first sessions, things started getting easier, specially because of her smoothness and kindness. She is like one of those sensible friends that you always like to listen to: always ready to give you advice or even pleasantly pulling your ear, but in a positive and supportive way.
After our 12-weeks, I became more confident and stopped worrying about my food choices. I highly recommend Sarah."
- Camila Hardy
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Consultations may be held face-to-face, via phone, Skype or FaceTime, to suit your convenience, with support available via email or text in-between.