Eating Disorder Specialist, Nutritional Therapist, Life Coach + Founder of the Natural Food Therapy Recovery Clinic
I’m so glad that you’ve found your way here, but I am deeply sorry for any suffering you have experienced. I have seen just how difficult it can be, to access support that is truly geared to helping you make a full recovery.
My career began as a professional dancer, however early in my career I became unwell with a parasite leading to ongoing gut issues. Eventually these issues led to me developing an eating disorder. I saw multiple clinicians through this time—nutritionists, psychologists, doctors, coaches, counsellors. All who understood different elements of the illness, but no one who worked with me holistically. The options all felt terribly disconnected.
Through recovery, I hoped for somebody who could understood nutrition, the eating disorder, and who supported me emotionally. Someone to help me move forward, when I felt truly stuck. Once I finally was able to break free from the eating disorder, I was relieved yet exhausted. I knew there was a better way to approach recovery- and wanted to be part of it.
I spent years studying, working with clients, and founded Natural Food Therapy in order to provide a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to recovery. An approach that centres around you, and arms you with the support and tools needed to successfully recover. At Natural Food Therapy we commit to making sure you are never just a number.
I have seen time and time again that with the right support, recovery is always possible.
What I offer
1. Eating Disorder Recovery Programme
No two people's experiences with an eating disorder are exactly the same. Whatever you've come up against, you deserve to be fully supported throughout your journey.
Maybe this is the first time you have reached out for support, or maybe you’ve received treatment already. Perhaps you’ve tried working with various types of practitioners but you’ve never found an approach you felt truly connected to. Or maybe you are right at the beginning of your journey.
Over the course of four months, you’ll work 1:1 closely with me. You’ll rebuild your relationship with food and body image through my signature three-layer approach.
Together we will focus on:
- Creating a future that you feel excited about rather than fearful of.
- Tackling the factors keeping you stuck and learning how to move past them.
- Overcoming the inner critic that fuels eating disorder and body image issues.
- Learning about nutrition and the problem itself, so you’re empowered with knowledge, instead of weighed down by fear or frustration.
- Achieving manageable goals set in collaboration with myself each week.
- Developing your personal recovery roadmap and tool kit of strategies to help you navigate your relationship with food for years to come.
Learn more and get in touch here: https://naturalfoodtherapy.co.uk/private-coaching
2. Specialist Group Programmes
Specialist 12-week programmes designed to provide you with the tools, support and guidance to successfully transform your relationship with food and body image. The current programmes include Food Freedom and Binge Eating Recovery. Next groups will begin January 2022.
For more info, cost and to apply please visit www.naturalfoodtherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy Diploma (3 year)
- Certified Life Coach (ILM)
- Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ANLP, ABNLP)
- Master Practitioner Advanced Diploma Eating Disorders and Obesity (BPS/NCFED)
- Herbalism Diploma
- Counselling Skills Certificate (CPCAB)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E)
Registered member of the NNA, CNHC, GNC & NCFED.
Naturopathic Nutrition Association
The Naturopathic Nutrition Association was formed by a group of Nutritional Therapists who passionately believe in the benefits of the naturopathic approach to nutrition. By working alongside a UK regulatory body for Naturopathy and other naturopathically-minded professional associations, the NNA aims to both promote to the public the benefits of naturopathic nutrition and encourage Nutritional Therapists to develop further therapeutic skills.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free initial online session
Please visit www.naturalfoodtherapy.co.uk to register interest for either private or group programmes and I will be in touch to book your free call.
Flexible appointment hours
Also featured in Ask the expert: Has my healthy eating gone too far?