Kate Berkeley mBANT, CNHC, DipION, AFMCP, IFM
Truly passionate about restoring your vitality, Kate is a registered Nutritional Therapist and Functional Medicine Practitioner, operating out of an idyllic shepherd's hut clinic in the Worcestershire countryside, offering a therapeutic environment in which to initiate your body's innate ability to heal.
With a fascination for the power of hormones, be they those that impact mental health, weight, fertility, sex, female hormones or digestion, and the cascade of health effects they have, Kate specialises in gut health, stress, mental health, weight loss and both male and female hormones.
The Functional Medicine Approach that she employs seeks to identify the root cause of your symptoms, addressing the upstream imbalance that shows in the downstream symptoms. This requires a minimum of three consultations, each lasting approximately 1 hour.
After analysing your detailed questionnaires and listening to your health story, in collaboration with you, Kate likes to devise an ongoing lifestyle plan that fits with your life. Kate firmly believes that knowledge is only a small part of life change and that the psychology of behaviour change, and thus the ease with which this plan fits with your current life, is absolutely vital.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Trained with the highly respected Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London, graduating from the Nutritional Therapy Diploma Course.
- Furthering study with the Institute for Functional Medicine:-
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module
Recent Continuing Professional Development completed in 2019
- Preventing and reversing neurodegenerative diseases - Cytoplan
- Reclaim your brain – ION, Cytoplan
- Nutrigenomics in practice, female health – Lifecode GX
- Nutrigenomics in practice, brain health – Lifecode GX
- The Human Biome Conference - Invivo
- The Brain Health Programme - Cytoplan
- Science for Health - NutriAdvanced
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
To discuss my nutrition packages, please email me.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Generally my hours are 10am to 5pm Monday - Saturday, but recognising the needs of my clients, please contact me to arrange an appointment outside of these times.