Jamie Wright (MSc. ANutr) Sports Nutrition, Eating Disorder & Weight Loss expert
My name is Jamie and I run Balance, a nutritionist coaching service which supports people achieve long-term sustainable weight loss, improves sports performance and recovery with athletes and supports those with establishing a healthy relationship with themselves and food.
I myself am a registered associate nutritionist (ANutr) with a Master's degree in Nutrition (specializing in Weight loss and Weight Management). We have a time of experienced dieticians and nutritionists with degrees in sports nutrition, dietetics and even eating disorder treatment/support.
I've had my research findings presented at global conferences, written several books and created Balance roughly six years ago.
I struggled mightily with eating and body image issues for the majority of my life and wanted to create a service that I needed at that time and one which helps those who I believe need it the most.
With a dynamic research based approach, honed by five plus years of experience and having worked with hundreds of clients, Balance is Northern Ireland's leading nutrition coaching team consisting of both nutritionists and dieticians.
My ambition is to provide a source of clarity in the vastness of information and noise which exists in the health and fitness industry, and to share my experience and knowledge with as many people as I can. I hope to change the health landscape of Ireland and Northern Ireland in the future and would love to hear how either myself or my team would be able to support you!
- MSc in Nutrition
- Research presented at the UK obesogenics conference in 2017
- BSc in Sports and Exercise Science (focused project on carbohydrate metabolism)
- 5 + years as a practicing registered nutritionist
- Lead content creator and a nutritional coach for one of Ireland's leading fitness clinics as well as running my own nutritionist practice.
- Author original content and design infographics for my own website and social media feeds
- Authored 3 books focused on nutrition and training
Worked in the sports nutrition and supplement industry for 8+ years
Training, qualifications & experience
Our team have:
- Worked with hundreds of clients across the full spectrum of nutrition related issues
- Master degree qualifications in nutrition and dietetics
- Registered with the Association for Nutrition and or are registered dieticians
- Specialized in behaviour Change and motivational Interviewing
- Experience developing and delivering holistic digital and in-person programmes on nutrition, exercise, sleep and recovery to top organisations and teams across the UK
- Featured on sites like MyProtein and have worked for the likes of Davina McCall and Panasonic
Association for Nutrition
The Association for Nutrition is the professional body for the regulation and registration of nutritionists, including public health nutritionists, exercise nutritionists, and animal nutritionists.
The Association aims to protect the public and promote wellbeing by admitting to the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN) only those who demonstrate high ethical and quality standards, founded on evidence-based science.
It sets proficiency and competence criteria, promotes continuing professional development and safe conduct, and accredits university undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Varying between £65 to £100 recurring per month dependant on the service you choose.
We operate a remote and in person coaching service and will look to accommodate you based on your schedule.
You can also catch us on social media;