Laura Johnson BSc (Hons) CNM Dip MBANT CNHC
Laura specialises in personalised weight-management programmes, gut health, food intolerance testing and nutritional support for brain health.
She helps her clients to find the best way of eating to suit their unique body, lifestyle and preferences. Weight-management with Laura is never about restrictive diets, hunger or cravings, but rather freedom, flexibility and an adventure into the power of food.
Laura is currently taking on new clients looking to:
- Lose weight sustainably for the long term
- Discover the root cause of their gut problems and reduce unpleasant symptoms
- Find out whether food intolerances could be causing their health problems
- Look after their brain health at any time in life, help to maintain memory and think clearly
- Take responsibility for their future health by making dietary and lifestyle changes for the long term
- Weight-management, Food intolerance, Gut and Brain health packages to support you from starting out to achieving your goals
- 1-2-1 Consultations to improve your wellbeing and find the way of eating that is right for you
- Workplace Wellbeing Events and Workshops (see website for details)
- The Brain Health Online Programme - A nutrition and lifestyle coaching programme to optimise brain health and cognitive function using a multi-modal nutrition and lifestyle approach. Includes 2 x 1-2-1 sessions
- Body composition analysis using Tanita scales
- Inspirational sugar-free recipes
- Retreats with Feel Great Formula - Laura is joint-founder of Feel Great Formula - A Long-Term Solution to Weight-Management & a Chance to discover how to be the happiest, healthiest You possible! Our retreats are for women who believe sound Nutrition, Happiness & Good Health are more important than crash diets and rapid weight-loss to their core wellbeing. Find out more at www.feelgreatformula.co.uk
Laura may recommend laboratory testing to discover the root cause of gut issues, or to identify food intolerances, plus safe and effective supplements where applicable.
If you are under the care of your GP or other health professional, Laura will ensure her advice works alongside your existing treatment plan.
"Laura tailored the plan to exactly what I do and don’t like to eat. I was able to still enjoy eating my dark chocolate and nuts and even increased my lunch size to keep me going for the rest of the day. I couldn’t believe that I was able to lose weight this way but I was and I managed to get to my ideal weight within a couple of months. Laura does not do quick fixes which can soon become unfixed. The main aim is to lose weight in a sustainable and manageable weight whilst not actually realising you are on a diet – hence making it very easy to keep the weight off! “Treats” are (occasionally) allowed but most importantly for me I never go hungry!"
Danielle W (weight-management)
"I have tried various diets and weight loss programmes and never experienced results like this – or felt so happy and stable (with other positive side effects, such as radiantly healthy skin, hair etc.). Not only has this been an enjoyable and successful regime to undertake – it has also been a fascinating experience and I have looked forward to each session with Laura".
Claire H (weight-management)
"When I received the Treatment Plan I was impressed just how comprehensive it was, whilst remaining easy to understand and achievable to comply with. I have followed the treatment plan for nearly a year, and my General Health and Lifestyle have improved greatly.I cannot recommend Laura's treatment highly enough, and I am extremely thankful that she was recommended to me" Jan P (multiple health concerns)
“I always thought I ate quite healthily, but feel Laura has re-educated my food knowledge and changed how I eat. I’m feeling more equipped to handle stress, and my focus at work is much improved.” Zoe H, (working long hours with low energy levels)
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (CNM Dip), College of Naturopathic Medicine, London (2010)
Meditation Teacher Diploma (2016)
BSc Botany / soil science (1996)
Memberships / Registrations:
Current member of The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
CNHC Registered (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
Approved Brain Health Programme Practitioner (2018 - current)
Founder - Feel Great Formula LLP (2016 - current)
Lecturer - College of Naturopathic Medicine (2016- current)
Nutrition Advisor for Lisa Foley Fitness Personal Training Group - (2012-current)
Food Education Presenter, Greater Manchester (2014-2016)
Zest4life Practitioner (2011-2014)
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Because find the right support can be difficult and daunting, I offer an introductory 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your requirements Free of charge.
Please call 07782 325210
90 minute 1-2-1 consultation £85. Includes personalised recommendations by email following the appointment.
3 Month Weight-Management and Wellbeing Packages £199
Follow up PAYG sessions, £50 - includes progress review with updated action plan
Home visits available at extra charge.
Skype and phone follow up consultations are also available. Please call me with your requirements.