Jayne Deeley MSc, mBANT, CNHC registered
An experienced Registered Nutritional Therapist, with clinic rooms in Wombourne and Stourbridge.
I use a functional medicine approach. This means:
- working with you as a partner in health
- looking for, and addressing, the root causes of your health concerns
- helping you to find out what is going on inside your body
- using the best evidence to make decisions about your plan
My approach is suitable for people who:
- want to feel listened to and heard
- want to take control of their health
- sense that whilst diet is a key part of health, lifestyle and habits are also important
- ask lots of questions!
My passion is to support you to be in the best health that you can be.
** Please note that I am taking new clients, but for the foreseable future I will only be offering online and telephone consultations and support.
Face-to-face support will be resumed as soon as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
* I am trained in the application of Functional Medicine.
The Institute for Functional Medicine teaches health care professionals how to apply Functional Medicine principles in practice through an intensive 5-day training course called 'Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice'. I attended and completed the AFMCP-UK training in London in 2018.
* I have a Master’s degree in Nutritional Therapy, gained with distinction, from the University of Worcester.
* I am an experienced Registered Nutritional Therapist, offering practical advice based on the latest nutritional research and tailored to your individual health and lifestyle needs.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Consultations focus on addressing the root causes of your health concerns, and not just covering up the symptoms.
During consultations we will:
- understand your health goals (where you want to be)
- discuss your health concerns and any relevant health history
- understand your nutritional intake and your lifestyle
- agree on an action plan that is personalised to meet your needs
- agree tools and resources to support your goals
In further consultations we will review progress, continue our search for root causes and make any necessary adjustments.
The consultation fees include any research as appropriate, preparation of an individualised action plan and 4 weeks personal coaching and support.
I have a 'food first' approach. But sometimes nutritional supplements can be helpful to provide additional support.
Sometimes laboratory testing is needed to give us more information. Many of these tests can be done by you at home, or are available via your GP.
Initial telephone chat (about 15 mins) .......... FREE
Let me know when you are available and I will call you.
Consultations are one hour.
Please contact me for details.
My passion is to inspire people to take control of their health, and to be in the best health that they can be.
Email me and start re-writing your health story today.
I look forward to hearing from you.