When it comes to weight-loss - test, don’t guess
Lots of times we get nutritional or other health advice without knowing what is going on inside the body. The one-size-fits-all approach is not working any longer... if it ever did. We have fortunately passed that point now.
Let’s say for example you are trying to lose weight, you eat grilled chicken, broccoli and quinoa all day long, you do your exercise regularly and you have even stopped having that glass of red in the evening… but the dial on the bathroom scales is not moving!
You get tired, deflated and frustrated by all this eating healthy business and not seeing results!
Eventually, you just give up! Another attempt to be healthy – failed!
- What if eating healthy and losing weight doesn’t have to be a failure?
- What if you actually can pin-point and find the root cause that is keeping you stuck and plateaued?
- What if you knew exactly what to do and what to eat for your body?
Being healthy and losing weight really shouldn’t be so hard. In this modern day and age, we actually can find out much more specifically what is going on inside. Science and blood testing have advanced a lot in the last few years.
We really ought to understand our bodies better. We are all beautifully different – inside and outside. You need to figure out what works for you!
This is the way that 21-century nutrition and wellness is going - tailor-made nutrition.
Otherwise, it is just a shot in the dark… isn’t it?
As a functional medicine practitioner, I’m so excited to announce that all ladies that come into my Mind Over Food Method get a blood test that includes testing for:
- Not just TSH, and T4 for your thyroid that most GP’s do but also freeT3 which is the active form of thyroid hormone that increases our metabolic rate and burns fat.
- Thyroid antibodies (frequently omitted in testings) - to rule out thyroid immunity - Hashimoto’s disease where our body is attacking our own thyroid tissue.
- Ferritin – the amount of stored iron in our body – if it’s too low we feel lethargic and our mojo to get up and go is just not there!
- HbA1c – shows us how we are processing our glucose (carbs) over three months and it is a biomarker for diabetes as well as an indicator for constant cravings.
- Lipid profile – an indicator of your cardiovascular health and risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Omega-3 levels – so important for your joint aches and pains, brain and cognitive health, plus Omega-3 puts out the inflammation (fire) in our body. And inflammation is a leading cause of many diseases, including cancer.
- Vitamine D – it goes without saying such an important vitamin for our bone health. It can also reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety (including SAD), strengthen our immune system (low levels are linked with increased Covid death rate) and many many other functions.
Test don’t guess. Once we know what is going on with you on the inside, you will get personalised protocol specifically for you, as well as coaching mindset support and accountability showing you how to actually do it right.
Note: if you already have a test covering these biomarkers, I’ll be happy to use my functional medicine expertise to read it for you. Doctors work on very black and white lab ranges, the results are normal or not, 'computer says no' approach!
Also, lab ranges are pretty extreme, to say the least. For example, the ferritin range is 10 -200 ug/L and everything in between is considered ok?!
So a doctor may say everything is normal on your test. However, you are so low on energy and can barely function through your day. This is because your ferritin level is very low on the functional medicine optimal range, but not on the doctor's range. In my practice, I use functional optimal lab ranges.
Message me to let me know of any questions that you might have, or if you want to schedule that free one-to-one 45 minute Breakthrough call with me. Then we can determine what can be done to help you figure things out once and for all.
Find a nutritionist dealing with weight-loss
All therapists are verified professionals.