Are your hormones plotting against you?
I spend all day every day talking to women like you who are confused and frustrated about their weight.
Women who have been:
- Trying to lose the same 20-40 lbs for the last decade.
- Putting in the effort, time and time again, and ended up further away from their goal rather than closer to it.
- Struggling to maintain any weight loss they did achieve because of the intense dietary restrictions they placed on themselves to get that weight loss.
Do you want to know why these women are still struggling to find their "answer"?
Because they are looking in the wrong place. The body is so so complex. It is not black and white and there are more than fifty shades of grey!! We think; eat this + don't eat this = great results.
But it doesn't.
Because it's not just about calories and exercise (in fact it often has very little to do with those things).
Because when your body is out of balance, those things don’t matter. Our bodies are not mathematical equations. We, my friend, are advanced biology. And our biology will dictate the rules at any given time.
So if your...
- Estrogen is declining you may experience weight gain, fatigue, migraines, difficulty concentrating (P.S. this doesn't just happen because you’ve celebrated the big 40. Overexercise and undereating can lead to low estrogen levels too).
- Estrogen is too high you may experience weight gain, fatigue, memory issues, sleep disruption, fluid retention, histamine intolerance, storing fat in the upper back and back of arms plus mood swings.
- Cortisol (stress hormone) is out of whack you may experience stubborn belly fat, rapid weight gain, sugar cravings, irritability, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed and depressed, difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
- Insulin is imbalanced you may experience cravings, mood swings, "hunger", fatigue, brain fog, difficulty staying asleep and belly fat.
- Thyroid is struggling you may experience hair loss, fatigue, constipation, bloating, depression, weight gain, low body temperature.
.... I'm guessing all the counting points, cutting out carbs, "21-day diets", personal trainers, special protein shakes etc. you are doing are not addressing these issues.
If you are ignoring the root cause of where the weight gain, fatigue, cravings, belly fat, and sleep disruptions are coming from, is it any wonder you haven't found long-term success yet?
If you are ready to stop throwing spaghetti at the wall hoping it will stick and address the real issue standing in the way of your results, then it’s time to find a health professional to help you.
Because you know what, no one gets a prize for suffering in silence.
It’s not just a nutritional (food) change thing. What is needed to change is a step-by-step system to address the root causes of your symptoms, balance out your hormones, repair your digestive system, support your body's stress response, so you feel energised, healthy, confident, stable, and can finally see the weight drop off for good.
We all need to focus on health, while supporting and nourishing our bodies into balance, and working through the self-sabotaging behavioural patterns that throw you off track - as opposed to just focusing on weight loss as the one and only factor to consider.
If you've had enough and are ready to go, then let's talk and see what is standing in the way of you getting the healthy body you deserve. We'll also decide if we are a good fit and how I can help you.
Find a nutritionist dealing with weight-loss
All therapists are verified professionals.