East Riding Of Yorkshire
01482 634306 / 07847 127488
Nutritional Therapy is an effective way of providing individuals with personalised diet and lifestyle advice which is tailored to their needs. I offer bespoke dietary programmes based on your symptoms, an analysis of your dietary habits and laboratory testing if required. I hold regular clinics at the Spire hospital and can offer daytime or evening appointments to suit your schedule. I also offer Skype consultations for those who require them.
You may require help with understanding how your diet can affect your day to day symptoms and this can apply to people who have been diagnosed with a specific health condition, or who just experience a general sense of being 'under par' where medical tests have shown no abnormality.
Others who can benefit from the help of a Nutritional Therapist are those who want to manage their weight but have been unsuccessful with regular dieting and are looking for a fresh evidence-based approach to weight management.
I also offer talks on various aspects of nutrition, including weight management. For more information, please contact me for further details.
For more information on how Nutritional Therapy can benefit a variety of health conditions, please visit my website. Alternatively, for an informal chat about how Nutritional Therapy might be able to help you, you can call me on the number provided, or email me and I will phone you back.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 25 years of experience working alongside doctors and health professionals, firstly as a Speech and Language therapist within the NHS and now independently as both a Nutritional Therapist and a Speech & Language Therapist.
My qualifications and training include:
- BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Pathology
- Degree-level Diploma in Nutritional Therapy with Distinction (BCNH)
- MSc. Personalised Nutrition (due for completion 2017)
My current MSc. study programme is with the Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management and Middlesex University, and involves the study and utilisation of genetic testing to determine personalised nutritional intervention programmes for individuals.
I am also an academic tutor for the UK College of Nutrition and Health (BCNH) in London.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
A list of fees can be found on my website, beginning at £30 for a single 30 minute appointment, with higher rates for longer appointments and/or increased complexity of health concerns. Packages of appointments can be purchased at a reduced rate.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Flexible times available including evenings and weekends