Dr Venita Patel MBBS, MRCPCH, DipNT, MBANT AFMCP
- I am a fully qualified doctor and practising Paediatrician, with a special interest in child development, behaviour, growth and nutrition.
- I am also a registered naturopathic Nutritional Therapist & Functional Medicine practitioner.
- I specialise in all aspects of Child Health & Nutrition for children of all ages.
- I also see women in pregnancy to support Mother and Baby health and nutrition, and advise on Postnatal health and breastfeeding.
- I regularly lecture and present at events and workshops for both professionals and public.
- I am involved in the promotion of Lifestyle Medicine in the medical profession.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Medical Doctor (GMC registered since 1993)
- NHS Paediatrician (Member of Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health 1999)
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (College of Naturopathic Medicine 2012)
Full member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT)
Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Functional Medicine Practitioner (AFMCP 2018)
Health Via Nutrition Clinics running in Marylebone and West London since 2013
Podcast about my work and experience with Dr Rangan Chatterjee:
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have this medical condition, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Free 15 minute Pre-consultation Telephone call
- Initial Appointment plus Plan/test organisation (60-90 minutes) £295
- Follow Up appointment Plus plan (45-60 minutes) £175
Skype/Telephone Consultations available