Sarah Danaher BSc MSc Registered Dietitian
I am an experienced Registered Dietitian currently practising part time at the Ulster Hospital and providing private face-to-face appointments. FaceTime and Skype appointments also available.
- 18 years experience helping people with nutrition
- NHS - Ulster Hospital, Guy's & St Thomas', Chelsea & Westminster, St George's (London)
- Lecturer at St Mary's University, London
- Private Practice
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's and Colitis
- IBS - experienced in the Low FODMAP Diet
- Eating Disorders - anorexia nervosa, over-eating, bulimia, orthorexia
- High Performance Sports Nutrition
I can also help you if you have any health issues which can be affected by food and nutrition: overweight, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, hormonal issues etc.
Dietitians are legally bound by a professional code of conduct, and are qualified to assess, diagnose and treat nutrition related medical problems.
Training, qualifications & experience
Member of the British Dietetic Association, Health & Care Professions Council, BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Group, BDA Mental Health Group.
BSc Physiology (1999) - University of Bristol
MSc - Nutrition & Dietetics (2001) - University of Ulster
Accredited Sports Dietitian (2003)
Low FODMAP Diet trained (2014) - King's College London
- Highly experienced in management of gastrointestinal issues, disordered eating, food allergies/intolerances
- Experience with adults and children in major London teaching hospitals (St George's, Chelsea & Westminster, St Thomas')
- Board representative for the eating disorders charity FightED
- Regular contributor to magazines - Cycling Plus, Healthy Eating Magazine, Trail Runner Magazine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Sports nutrition
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial 1 hour consultation: £70
This includes (as appropriate for the client): assessment of pre appointment questionnaire; 1 hour consultation; individualised Nutrition Plan/written information; recipes; any other useful information e.g. apps, websites, recommended books
Follow up appointments: £45
No unexpected extra costs. If I recommend a supplement I will suggest a number of choices, as I do not sell or promote any particular brand or product.
Health insurance: Recognised Dietetic Practitioner by BUPA, AXA PPP Healthcare, PruHealth and Simplyhealth. Please ensure that you check your eligibility with your provider for fee payment prior to treatment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|