Sarah Danaher BSc MSc Registered Dietitian
I have worked with people with eating disorders for 16 years, and now solely specialise in the area.
Following 15 years in London, I have recently relocated to my home town of Bangor, Northern Ireland, where I have opened an eating disorder clinic. I use my expertise, experience and empathy to help those with anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorders to build a less anxious, more rational, and healthier way of living.
- 16 years of dietetic experience
- adults and paediatrics
- previously worked at NHS London teaching hospitals - St George's Hospital, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and St Thomas' Hospital.
- 5 years private practice
I treat each client as an individual with a unique history and nutrition needs.
Dietitians are legally bound by a professional code of conduct, and are qualified to assess, diagnose and treat nutrition related medical problems. I work closely with eating disorder psychotherapists.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Physiology (1999) - University of Bristol
MSc - Nutrition & Dietetics (2001) - University of Ulster
Accredited Sports Dietitian (2003)
Low FODMAP Diet trained (2014) - King's College London
- Work with professional and elite athletes including WTA/ITA tennis, GB gymnastics, elite athletics and professional rugby (Ulster and London Irish)
- Highly experienced in management of gastrointestinal issues and food allergies/intolerances
- Contributing writer to Cycling Plus, Runner's World and Trail Running Magazines, as well as content for health websites.
- Experience with adults and children in major London teaching hospitals (St George's, Chelsea & Westminster, St Thomas')
Areas of nutrition I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial 1 hour consultation: £70
This includes: assessment of pre appointment questionnaire and detailed analysis of food diary; 1 hour consultation; individualised Nutrition Plan/written information; recipes; any other useful information e.g. apps, websites, recommended books
Follow up appointments: £40
No unexpected extra costs. If I recommend a supplement I will suggest a number of choices, as I do not sell or promote any particular brand or product.
Health insurance: Recognised Dietetic Practitioner by BUPA, AXA PPP Healthcare, PruHealth and Simplyhealth. Please ensure that you check your eligibility with your provider for fee payment prior to treatment.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|