Dr Lydia Bird - BN, RGN, MSc, PhD
I am a nutrition advisor and health coach specialising in helping people to understand how what they eat affects their health. I have a masters degree in clinical nutrition and a doctorate in nursing.
By choosing a consultation with me you will get advice and information that:
- Is based on sound scientific principles and good quality research evidence
- Is personalised to your specific food preferences and needs
- Will help you to develop lifelong healthy eating habits that are both sustainable and enjoyable.
- Offer a simplistic uniform approach
- Suggest a dull restrictive diet regime
- Sell supplements or any ‘add on’ products.
Please see my website for more information about who I am and the services I offer.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Bachelor of Nursing degree, Masters degree in Clinical Nutrition and a PhD in Nursing Studies all from the University of Nottingham.
I have clinical experience of working as a nurse in hospital and in the community, providing care to people with a variety of nutrition related illnesses including type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
I also have 12 years' research experience and am able to understand and critique the latest evidence in order to bring recent developments to my clients and navigate them through the many false reports and unsubstantiated claims that abound in the nutrition and weight loss industries.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Cancer *
- Coeliac disease *
- Diabetes *
- Digestive problems *
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Migraine *
- Nutrition and mental health
- Sports nutrition
- Tiredness *
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Weight management
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
An hour long consultation including summary report costs £35. Please see my website for full details of my services and fees.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|