Kate O'Riordan DipHE, DipCNM, mBANT, rCNHC, mANP
I'm a fully qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist based in Crawley, West Sussex, RH10. I cover areas including Crawley, Horley, Salfords, Redhill, Copthorne, East Grinstead and Horsham. I offer one-to-one nutrition consultations at my private practice in Crawley. Also I'm available for home visits within a 10 mile radius and phone or Skype consultations.
I became interested in nutrition after using diet to recover from my 3 year debilitating illness with C.F.S. I had visited a Naturopathic Nutritionist who did a food intolerance test with a Vega Test machine and recommended that I remove beef, cow’s dairy, yeast and sugar from my diet. She also used the machine to detect that I had Epstein Barr virus and a yeast infection. After a few weeks of changing my diet and taking the recommended supplements, I had a lot more energy. After further improving my diet I went on to make a full recovery. As a result I am now passionate about teaching others how to use nutrition to improve their health. I specialise in helping tired adults with M.E/C.F.S to heal their gut so they can get their life back.
How I work
Firstly in the initial consultation I will take your medical history and current symptoms. Next I will explain the diet changes and supplements that I recommend. After the appointment I will email you a specific nutrition plan, your drug nutrient interactions and targeted supplement plan which are advised to be followed until your next appointment.
During the follow up appointments we will speak about how you are finding the plan and make any changes as necessary.
The benefits of getting nutritional advice can include:
- Increased energy
- Better absorption
- Improved digestion
- Better sleep
- Reduced joint pain
- Weight loss
Training, qualifications & experience
- I gained my diploma of Nutritional Therapy after studying nutrition for 3 years at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) with 200 clinic hours.
- Full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (mBANT).
- Registered member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (rCNHC).
- Full member of the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (mANP).
- Furthermore I regularly attend seminars and training courses for continued professional development (CPD).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Migraine *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation - 1.5 hours for £85 includes a personalised nutrition plan, your drug-nutrient interactions, targeted supplement plan and relevant handouts.
- Follow up appointments - 1 hour for £50 at monthly intervals that include a revised nutrition plan, supplement plan and relevant handouts.
- Discounted 3 Consultation Package - Initial consultation, two follow up appointments & 1 hour of email support for only £175 (worth £210, you save £35!).
It can take time to implement lifestyle changes and transform your eating habits and your health. Therefore I recommend that you choose the 3 consultation package so we can work together over a longer period at a discounted rate. My clients who choose this option see the best and most lasting results.
Abigail Thackeray, Madehurst
“Kate was really helpful in helping me combat my fatigue, she provided me with a diet and supplement plan that was very in-depth but also easy to follow. Since doing the plan with Kate I have had a lot more energy to do the things I love. Kate was very knowledgeable and provided me with lots of helpful information. I’m very glad that I went to see Kate and I recommend her highly.”
Michaela F, Crawley
“I feel amazing since following the plan. I have more energy and was able to do the gardening. My stomach has improved. Thank you for all that you are doing it is really working.”
“I come back to you because you are very knowledgeable. You are kind and I can tell you want to help me. Thank you for your time and seeing me at short notice. I will give your phone number out to my friends.”
Jessica Ryan, Horley
“Since I started with Kate a month ago, I’ve lost 1 stone. The dinner salad recipes from the meal plan are quick and tasty. I never thought I would crave an omelette! My head aches are not as often. I’ve only had two this week and I was having them everyday. I’ve been able to reduce my medication. I have better energy and I’m not having to sleep so much. Overall I’m feeling better in the day.”
Valerie Mills, Horley
“I felt apprehensive about whether it would work, but it did! I’m glad I came to see Kate. I feel energised. Over the last month I’ve lost nearly a stone. The swelling in my legs has gone down and I’m able to walk up the stairs one by one. I now have the energy to exercise and I’m going out more.”
Tim Eves, Horsham
"After coming to see Kate, my energy has improved and so has my brain fog. My nose has been clear for a while now. I no longer feel like I’m coming down with colds. Also I feel more full after eating. I’m feeling better on the whole. Thanks for all your help.”
If you are interested in booking an appointment, call me on 07562 868342 and receive your free 15 minute phone consultation. Once we have arranged a day to meet, I will email you a questionnaire and a 3 day diet diary for you to fill in. Please bring these with you to the appointment.
My private practice is a short bus journey from Three Bridges train station. You can get the number 4 or 5 bus to the Shires parade and then walk up Sissinghurst Close to the house. If you are driving, go up the hill and take the fourth road on the right. There are parking spaces available opposite the house across the green or on the street.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday 16.30-18.00pm, ________ Tuesday 16.30-18.00pm, _______ Wednesday 16.30-18.00pm, _____ Thursday 16.30-18.00pm, ________ Friday 16.30-18.00pm, ________ Saturday 13.00-15.00pm ________