Kate O'Riordan DipHE, DipCNM, mBANT, rCNHC, mNNA
61 Sissinghurst Close
01293 882412 / 07562 868342
I am a fully qualified and insured Nutritional Therapist based in Crawley, West Sussex, RH10. I cover areas including Crawley, Horley Salfords, East Grinstead and Horsham. I offer one-to-one nutrition consultations at my private practice in Crawley. Also I am available for home visits within a 10 mile radius and Skype consultations.
I became interested in nutrition after using diet to recover from my 3 year debilitating illness with C.F.S. I had visited a Naturopathic Nutritionist who did a food intolerance test with a Vega Test machine and recommended that I remove beef, cow’s dairy, yeast and sugar from my diet. She also used the machine to detect that I had Epstein Barr virus and a yeast infection. After a few weeks of changing my diet and taking the recommended supplements, I had a lot more energy. After further improving my diet I went on to make a full recovery.
As a result I am now passionate about teaching others how to use nutrition to maintain good health and have a particular interest in M.E/C.F.S.
I write fortnightly articles on topics such as nutrition for C.F.S, weight loss and more. Check out my blog at www.kateoriordan.com for the latest updates.
How I work
Firstly in the initial consultation I will take your medical history and current symptoms. Next I will explain the diet changes and supplements that I recommend. After the appointment I will email you the personalised nutrition plan which is advised to be followed until your next appointment.
During the follow up appointments we will speak about how you are finding the plan and make any changes as necessary.
The benefits of getting nutritional advice can include:
- Increased energy
- Boosted immunity
- Better digestion
- Weight loss
- Improved skin
- Reduced pain
- Better quality sleep
- Good mood
Training, qualifications & experience
- I gained my diploma of Nutritional Therapy after studying nutrition for 3 years at the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) with 200 clinic hours.
- Full member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (mBANT).
- Full member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (rCNHC).
- Full member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association (mNNA).
- Furthermore I regularly attend seminars and training courses for continued professional development (CPD).
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
- Initial consultation - 1.5 hours for £85 includes personalised nutrition plan, targeted supplement plan, relevant handouts and email support.
- Follow up appointments - 1 hour for £50 at monthly intervals that include a revised nutrition plan, supplement plan and email support.
- Discounted 3 consultation package - Initial consultation and two follow up appointments for only £150 (worth £185, you save £35!).
- Discounted 4 consultation package - Initial consultation and three follow up appointments for only £195 (worth £235, you save £40!).
It can take time to implement lifestyle changes and transform your eating habits and your health. Therefore I recommend that you choose one of the consultation packages so we can work together over a longer period at a discounted rate. My clients who choose this option see the best and most lasting results.
“Kate was really helpful in helping me combat my fatigue, she provided me with a diet and supplement plan that was very in-depth but also easy to follow. Since doing the plan with Kate I have had a lot more energy to do the things I love. Kate was very knowledgeable and provided me with lots of helpful information. I’m very glad that I went to see Kate and I recommend her highly.”
“I feel amazing since following the plan. I have more energy and was able to do the gardening. My stomach has improved. Thank you for all that you are doing it is really working.”
“I come back to you because you are very knowledgeable. You are kind and I can tell you want to help me. Thank you for your time and seeing me at short notice. I will give your phone number out to my friends.”
“Although I haven’t been with Kate for very long, my association with her has been nothing but positive as my main problem has been with weight and also, due to being just into my 70s I have gained some really bad habits with regard to the type of food I was eating.
In my first week I lost 6 lbs. and this is only due to Kate’s knowledge and encouragement. She has suggested that I email her every week with weight results and I know that this will keep me on the straight and narrow. Kate has also sent me various tools to help me in my quest to improve my diet and for this I am really grateful to her. I would add here that I have found Kate extremely approachable and helpful; I know that I can contact her at any time and that she will be coming back to me with any advice that I may need at the time.
With regards to her knowledge, she has helped me to readjust my thinking about food. I don’t really know how this has happened so quickly but it is a great feeling and this has helped so much with my self esteem. I think the results so far speak for themselves.
Kate has achieved the best and most positive attitude in my mind which has been sadly lacking for the past 20 years. Long may it continue.”
If you are interested in booking an appointment, call me on 07562 868342 and receive your free 15 minute phone consultation. Once we have arranged a day to meet, I will email you a questionnaire and a 3 day diet diary for you to fill in. Please bring these with you to the appointment.
My private practice is a short bus journey from Three Bridges train station. You can get the number 4 or 5 bus to the parade of shops and then walk up Sissinghurst Close to the house. If you are driving, go up the hill and take the fourth road on the right. There are parking spaces available opposite the house across the green or on the street.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday 16.00-20.30pm, ________ Tuesday 16.00-20.30pm, _______ Wednesday 16.00-20.30pm, _____ Thursday 16.00-20.30pm, _______ Saturday 10.00-15.00pm