Clinical Nutritionist & Personal Trainer, BSc, DIP ION, PGCE
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Available for new clients
This professional is available for new clients.
Available for new clients
This professional is available for new clients.
Hi, I'm Jonny, a Clinical Nutritionist and Personal Trainer. You may have seen me on one of my several television appearances, talking about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle (my latest appearance can be seen at the bottom of this profile).
I can work with you wherever you are in the country or world as most of my consultations are now done via Microsoft Teams. This means we can arrange a time that is conveniant for you, in the comfort of your own home and avoids you having the extra stress and time of travel.
My passion for nutrition started when I suffered from my own health problems in 2007, having being diagnosed with a stomach ulcer. The following year I suffered from burnout after a viral infection, leaving me in a state of severe fatigue for over 6 months. On both occasions I used dietary and lifestyle modifications, plus supplementation which aided my recovery. This experience encouraged me to study a nutrition related degree, followed by a 3-year Nutritional Therapy Diploma with the highly regarded Institute of Optimum Nutrition in London.
One of my key attributes is my extremely grounded approach as a practitioner, which I have used very successfully with clients. I firmly believe life is all about balance. You certainly won't feel judged by me. I will help you make subtle changes to both your diet and lifestyle, which will aim to optimise your health, yet still allow you to enjoy life! Dont't worry, I don't expect you to eat nothing but chicken, salad, broccoli and never having the odd glass of wine! My aim is to achieve sustainable balance with you, making realistic changes, that can fit into your lifestyle. In my experience this leads to long-term, sustainable results.
The areas I specialise in:
- Digestion - bloating, gas, cramps, acid reflux etc
- Burnout, stress, fatigue and improving sleep
- Weight Loss/Management - Personal Training can be included with this
- Sport Nutrition
How it Works:
Firstly please do organise a no obligation discovery phone call with me where I can have a chat with you on how the consultation process works and whether I can help you.
If you do decide to go ahead, as a Clinical Nutritionist I will identify possible nutritional imbalances which may contribute to sub optimal health. This is often achieved via biochemical testing, taking any guess work out of the equation. I will assess you holistically and look at various lifestyle factors that could be impacting your health. The aim is to address these imbalances by developing a personalised nutrition, lifestyle and possible supplement plan, that fits into your daily life. This is where my grounded approach really works, as I will work together with you and will give help and advice that is achievable and don't suddenly expect you to make dramatic changes to your diet/lifestyle.
The Consultation Process:
- You complete a very detailed health questionnaire and food diary prior to our initial consultation. This gives you the opportunity to share with me relevant information regarding your goal, health issues and symptoms. This should be sent back to me at least 48 hours prior to our consultation.
- Prior to the initial consultation, I analyse the questionnaire and carry out all relevant research needed.
- During the initial 90 minute consultation, I will discuss the questionaire, asking you relevant questions, to really get to know your symptoms. I will explain what I think is happening and then together a personalised nutrition and lifestyle plan will be devised, to help achieve your goal. Biochemical testing may also be advised, for example, I might suggest to a client with compromised digestion to have a comprehensive stool analysis test to detect levels of good and bad bacteria in the gut. I use various laboratories around the UK, but all tests are carried out at your own home and then posted to the lab. Supplements can also be recommended if needed.
- After the consultation I will forward you a Health Optimisation plan (HOP). This will outline all the steps we have agreed upon, to improve your health in a simple, easy to understand format.
- A follow up session is usually advised, usually 4-6 weeks later to review and adapt the HOP. A new and updated version will be sent to you after this session.
- Remember this whole process can all be done online meaning it can be done at a time that is conveniant for you in the comfort of your own home.
Training, qualifications & experience
After I achieved a BSc in Sport, Health, Exercise and Nutrition from the University of Leeds in 2011, I completed a Personal Training course. I then completed a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, graduating from the well-regarded Institute of Optimum Nutrition in 2016. This led me to introducing my Nutritional Therapy and Personal Training business, Ultimate Personal Well-Being.
Since 2016 I have made several television appearances, discussing nutrition and exercise. You can see my most recent appearance from January 2019 here
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including massage, aromatherapy and nutrition.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy is the professional body for Nutritional Therapists.
There are different BANT membership classes, including Full Member, Fellow Member and Student Member.
All BANT practitioners must have met the required standards of training, be fully insured and adhere to the BANT Code of Ethics and Practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free initial telephone session
Initial Consultation - 90 mins - £130.
Follow up Consultation - 60 mins - £75.
Please feel free to arrange a no obligation discovery call to discuss your details. More details on my packages can be found on my website here http://www.ultimatepersonalwellbeing.co.uk/services/packages
When I work
Monday - Friday 8am-8pm