How to get your kids to love fruits and veg?
1. Be a role model - eat more fruits and vegetables yourself
2. Add a fruit or vegetable as part of every meal or snack. Dip carrot, cucumber, celery with hummus, salsa or yoghurt-based dips.
3. Include one leafy green or yellow vegetable for Vitamin A such as spinach, broccoli, squash, green or carrots each day. Could add them in pulao, stuffed chapati, pasta.
4. Homemade soups are good for all ages. Serve with croutons or fresh bread.
5. Cut back on junk- By having fewer junk foods around you will encourage your children to eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy products.
Creamy Squash soup recipe
1 bowl of squash, cubed
1 vegetable stock cube
1 tbs virgin olive oil
1 tbs fresh garlic, grated
¼ cup spring onions
1 cup coconut milk and salt and pepper according to taste
Method- In a pan add olive oil, saute garlic and spring onion. Then add squash, water and stock cube. When the squash becomes soft blend it and add coconut milk, salt and pepper. Serve with croutons and grated cheese.
Nutritionist Resource is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Shruti Gupta
Over 10 years of experience working as a dietitian and nutritionist.
Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition
Registered associate nutritionist with AFN
Regularly conduct talks on healthy eating in schools and nurseries
Keen blogger on tips and recipes about healthy eating… Read more
Located in Pinner.
Can also offer telephone appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: