I am a nutritional therapist working in Marlow, Bourne End, Cookham, Henley-on-Thames, and Maidenhead and via skype. I have a personal connection to autoimmune diseases and have undertaken extra training in this area.
I follow the principles of functional Medicine which sees the body as a whole, integrated system, focussing on causes rather than symptoms of ill-health, using lifestyle changes (diet and nutrition, exercise, sleep and relaxation) as central to recovery. It is scientifically evidence based, and works very well alongside conventional medicine, and is a very effective tool, especially for chronic disease.
Taking the time to listen to your needs, recording your individual case history and assessing your diet, with the use of functional testing, where relevant, nutritional therapy looks at your nutritional imbalances and how these may contribute to your symptoms and health concerns.
By addressing these imbalances, adopting a nutrient dense diet and making lifestyle changes where needed, you can take back control of your health.
At the Food Clinic you will get a programme tailored to your individual needs to help you achieve your goals, working to your pace.
If necessary, additional testing may be recommended. Some of the tests used include:
Comprehensive stool analysis
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Degree in Nutritional Therapy from the University of West London.
- Member of the British Association for Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
I keep up to date on the latest research by attending seminars and completing at least 30 hours of continual professional development each year. Recent seminars attended include
Some of the additional training I have undertaken includes:
- Nutritional Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis with Lucille Leader
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Autoimmunity IHCAN Conference
- A Functional Medicine Approach to Autoimmunity
- An Audience with Dr Terry Wahls
- Testing for Chronic Hidden Infections
- Abundant Energy
- Low FODMAPs for IBS
- Cancer and Nutrition Course
- Hormonal health and detoxification.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Constipation *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Endometriosis *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me for an initial 10 minute telephone conversation to find out if nutritional therapy is right for you.
£100 - First consultation lasting up to 1.5hrs, including analysis of your questionnaire and research required.
£60 - follow up consultations.
£30 per half hour for analysing test results
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|