Celebrate National Cupcake Week (NCW) with specialist cupcake recipes
- Try searching for egg-free, vegan, low fat, dairy-free and gluten-free recipes.
- Instead of baking a whole cake, use cupcake cases instead.
- Swap half of the recommended sugar with a substitute such as Splenda or Canderel.
- Spread the topping thinly as opposed to piping and substitute butter cream with cream cheese frosting made with a low-fat product. To really save on calories, go for a simple dusting on the top with icing sugar.
Sticky Toffee Pudding CupcakesBy Rachel Price-Whittle, Rachel's Cupcakes, Wotton Wawen, Warks Ingredients
- Makes 12-16 Cupcakes
- 7oz Chopped Dates
- 125ml Boiling Water
- 1 Dessert Spoon Black Treacle
- 5oz Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 5.5oz Ground Almonds
- 7oz Demerera Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1lb 2oz Icing Sugar
- 4oz Softened Salted Butter
- 1 Can Dulce de Leche
- 2tsps Vanilla Essence
- Fudge Pieces to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200c)
- Place dates, boiling water and black treacle in a jug and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixer with paddle attachment
- Mix eggs and egg whites with vanilla essence in a jug and add to dry ingredients whilst mixing.
- Once all ingredients are well incorporated add the dates mixture and mix until well combined.
- Divide between 16 cases and bake for 20-23mins.
- Sift icing sugar into mixer add cubed butter, cover mixer with tea towel and mix on a low setting with paddle attachment until combined.
- Add caramel sauce and vanilla essence to icing sugar and butter and mix until smooth.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes with star nozzle and decorate with chopped fudge pieces, drizzled dulce de leche and sprinkle with gold glitter.
Find a nutritionist dealing with allergies
All therapists are verified professionals.