Nutritional help to keep you 'regular'
28th April, 20150 Comments
Do you suffer from constipation and bloating?
Have you seen your GP and been told its IBS and you are still suffering?
Here are five simple things you can do and then if you are still suffering an appointment with a nutritional therapist could really help:
1) Drink a glass of warm water with a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning. This stimulates the system for a good start to the day.
2) Add a tablespoon of cracked flaxseeds or linseeds to your breakfast meal and 30 minutes later drink a glass of water. Cracked flaxseeds or linseeds absorb fluid better to form a softer stool.
3) Drink between 1.5 - 2 litres of fluid such as water or as herb or fruit teas, throughout the day.
4) Eat at least one apple a day - the old adage, "an apple a day keeps the Dr away" is well worth remembering.
5) Eat magnesium and fibre-rich foods daily such as whole grains, seeds, nuts, leafy green vegetables and pulses.
If you are still suffering you should consider an appointment with a local nutritional therapist. Nutritional therapists are skilled in providing help to support bowel health and constipation and can provide expert advice to make sure the toxins are cleared from your system and help you to keep regular bowel habits.
About the author
My name is Jane Rose-Land and I am a Nutritional Therapist specialising in nutrition for bowel health. I have helped many clients struggling with digestive and bowel problems to have a regular comfortable bowel habit by providing them with an individualised diet and supplement programme.
Nutritionist Resource is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Rebecca Jennings MSc ANutrJanuary 31st, 2017
Nadiya Kondratyeva - Naturopathic NutritionistFebruary 13th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Claire Hargreaves BSc Hons (NutriKind Nutrition)September 6th, 2013
Megan B Grover BSc, MMedSci, ANutrMay 16th, 2013