Ruth Sebastian Alonso
Every professional displayed on Nutritionist Resource has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Healthy eating for a healthier life.
I offer a caring and non-judgmental space to discuss what affects clients' nutrition and how we can best improve it together. I work with my clients helping them find and establish new habits that best suit their lifestyle, by providing tools to gain confidence and knowledge to improve their health and well-being.
My specialist areas are;
- People with diabetes of any type, including pre-diabetes
- People with obesity (BMI ≥30kg/m2), weight loss
- Clinical nutrition (weight gain advice, oncology on all stages of disease, pancreatic issues, neurology, digestive problems, endocrine issues and advanced dementia)
- Families that want to eat healthier
- Sustainable eating and vegetarian diets
- People with disabilities and weight issues
- Meal planning and grocery shopping
- "Cook and eat" sessions for young people and children
- Weaning/food introduction to babies
- Maternal health: severe nausea/vomiting, and gestational diabetes
Online consultations only.
Please feel free to email me for any queries. I will answer within 48hrs (Mon-Thu 8am-3pm).
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition and Dietetics (2011), Spain
- PGCert Diabetes Best Practice (2018, Southampton University), United Kingdom
I am a registered dietitian with experience in the NHS, as a freelancer, in private industry and in the charity sector. I have worked as a dietitian in obesity, psychiatry inpatient units, acute clinical nutrition in general hospitals, oncology, neurology nutrition support, and diabetes. I have also worked in a corporation's healthy eating programme, and nutrition education.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 14 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
The Association of UK Dietitians
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
£50.00 - £80.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Initial telephone call or video call to discuss your situation and what support you would like: Free
Personalised packages available. Fees range depending on the frequency and length of the assessment and follow ups. The standard 1h consultation is £60.00. A package with 3 short appointments in a month is £90.00
Concession fees for people with low income and full time students.
Registered provider for Aviva, VitalityHealth and AXA PPP.
When I work
You can reach me via WhatsApp or email. I am able to respond to you via telephone call also.
Face-to-face and video-conference consultations
If you want help to change your eating habits or mindset around food to manage health issues such as high cholesterol or diabetes, if you are struggling to lose the pounds or keep them off, or if you are dealing with weight loss or low weight due to illness, please contact me to discuss how I can support you achieve your goals.
What to expect:
- A free initial consultation to discuss your objectives, how you would like me to help you and devise a plan that suits your needs.
- An initial assessment, where we go through a nutritional interview about your eating habits, general health, medical history, motivation, lifestyle, goals and barriers.
- If you feel that following a menu would help you, we can plan a balanced menu together using portion control.
- Tailored follow up, with regular contact as required.
- I will send you a report, and I can send a copy to your GP (with your consent).
- Plenty of resources that will help you stay on track.
- I may ask you to complete a food diary before the appointments.
- Experience working alongside counsellors helping you deal with whatever makes it harder for you to achieve change.
- Training and experience using behavioural change techniques to help you define health goals and how to achieve them.
- Flexibility to work as a team with trainers and weight loss programmes (i.e. Weight Watchers).
- Mindful eating techniques.