Clare Grundel MSc Nutritional Therapy, mBANT, CNHC
Do you suffer with inflammatory health concerns, chronic joint and muscle pain and debilitating fatigue? Are you struggling with your digestion? Enter into a partnership with me to discover the root causes of your symptoms. Making some focused changes to you diet and lifestyle could hold the answer to more energy, greater comfort and a brighter mood.
Hi, I’m Clare, an MSc qualified and registered Nutritional Therapist. I guarantee that I will not give up searching for solutions for you, for as long as we are working together.
I work with individuals with chronic health conditions, in particular inflammatory joint pain and other chronic pain and fatigue syndromes, who want to see if nutritional changes could tip the scales towards reduced symptoms and a better quality of life. I work alongside GPs/consultants and other healthcare professionals to provide an integrated nutrition service, grounded in scientific evidence. My aim is to provide a motivating and inspiring experience, in a relaxed and friendly environment, where you will feel supported to make appropriate dietary and lifestyle changes so you can rediscover your zest for life.
It is important for you to find out if what I have to offer is right for you. I offer 10 minute discovery sessions by phone free of charge, when you can present your health concerns and work out if nutritional therapy could be the key to optimizing your health, and whether I am the right therapist for you. Book a discovery session through my website. Available every Monday between 2-5pm.
Packages of Nutrition and Lifestyle Support
I find that packages of support work best for my clients. With complex and chronic health conditions, it can take a while to work out what is going on, to find the right path to follow and for changes to have the desired effects. The picture is often complicated, like a large, tangled ball of wool, that needs to be slowly loosened and unpicked. The dietary and lifestyle changes that I recommend are individualised and sequenced appropriately so as not to overwhelm you. As the steps you take begin to have their therapeutic effects, the water is less muddy and it becomes easier to target appropriate therapies.
My 2 main packages are:
12 Week Intensive Support Package for Chronic ConditionsThis 12-week programme is for individuals with chronic health conditions, including inflammatory joint pain and other chronic pain and fatigue syndromes. This comprehensive programme includes:
- 5 consultations with me
- A bespoke action plan, which includes dietary recommendations, meal ideas and recipes if needed
- My professional advice on the right laboratory testing to support further understanding of your condition
- Individualised supplement recommendations
- Weekly access to me by email at set clinic times for the duration of the programme
- A final summary report recommending next steps you can take to continue your progress
8 Week Digestion Health Package
- Do you feel bloated after eating and feel suspicious of different foods?
- Have you read about probiotics but are not sure if they are appropriate in your situation? Or perhaps you’ve tried them and have felt worse?
- Do you experience on-going hard or loose stools?
- Is reflux affecting your quality of life?
- Has your digestion been tested by your GP and nothing serious found, and yet your symptoms remain?
- Have you looked at low-FODMAP diets, Specific Carbohydrate Diets, Paleo diets (and others) and feel confused about the best way to eat for you and your symptoms?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, then this package of support is for you. An 8 week digestion reboot programme includes 3 consultations and access to fact sheets, menu plans and recipes from my library of resources that are most appropriate for your situation.
1 hour individual sessions
These sessions are offered as one-off consultations to new clients who are looking for a professional overview of their diet, with tips and basic supplement recommendations on how to support optimal health. They are also available for existing clients who have completed a programme of support and want a short top-up. If you have a complex health history, then I would recommend you book one of my longer packages to achieve meaningful results.
For further information on all my packages and services, please visit my website www.integral-nutrition.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
Clare Grundel, MSc, PG Dip NT, mBANT, CNHC
MSc Nutritional Therapy (2016). Dissertation on nutrition evidence in relation to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.
PGDip Nutritional Therapy (2014)
MSc Development Management (1999)
Member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapy and Lifestyle Medicine
Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
Full professional insurance
My previous work experience in banking, finance and international development make me aware of the pressures of corporate and expatriate life and the importance of finding manageable strategies in the quest for better health. I am also the mother of two children, so am aware of the delights and stresses here too!
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Osteoporosis *
- Tiredness *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please get in touch to discuss the most appropriate programme for you and the costs involved.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Social French|
Monday 2-5pm for Discovery Calls Tuesdays 9am - 3pm in Sawston for one-to-one consultations Fridays 9am to 4pm in Trumpington for one-to-one consultations