Tracy Tredoux Nutritional Therapy DipION, AFMCP-UK, BANT, CNHC, GAPS Certified
St John's Wood
02072861978 / 07887 880458
I am a fully qualified Nutritional Therapist, living and working in St John's Wood, London. The old saying, 'Let food be thy medicine', has been a mantra in my family for generations and is something that inspires me in my daily work. When I started a family of my own, my desire to bring my daughters up with the same wholesome approach to diet, lifestyle and nutrient-dense food that had been instilled in me since my own childhood, led me to leave my career as a lawyer, in order to study nutrition.
In addition, my husband has suffered many years with numerous debilitating and chronic health issues, following a case of viral meningitis many years ago. This has resulted in numerous diagnoses, visits to doctors and clinics, herbal, natural and other pharmaceutical protocols, culminating in a diagnosis of Lyme Disease 5 years ago. My husband's numerous chronic health issues has helped me understand that managing and treating symptoms, without ascertaining their root cause/s, often results in a failure to ever properly recover, trapping one in an endless cycle of 'trial and error.'
Studying at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition enabled me to learn about food, nutrition and lifestyle from a therapeutic perspective. I am further trained (see below) to seek to identify and address the underlying root causes of symptoms. This has enabled me to become an active participant in my husband's healthcare.
My passion to help others achieve their health goals and my desire to expand my skills and knowledge means that I am constantly studying and training. I am an AFMCP-UK Functional Medicine graduate and a certified GAPS (Gut and Psychology/Physiology Syndrome) practitioner. I am also a Zest4Life coach, currently studying Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (USA).
I base my approach around the Functional Medicine Model. I strive to:
- Identify the root cause/s of your symptoms.
- Help you to remove the obstacles that are preventing you from living a healthier lifestyle.
- Create a manageable and maintainable self-care protocol that encompasses diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction and supplements (where necessary).
- Understand your genetic constitution, as well as dietary and lifestyle requirements, in order to tailor your plan to your individual needs.
- Identify opportunities and work with you to create a protocol that will help restore normal function. Just because your blood work looks 'normal' does not mean that your symptoms are all in your head.
- Educate and empower you during our time together to enable you to become more proactive in your own healthcare.
As a health coach, I help you to adopt the self-care model. This means that I will endeavour to:
- Monitor your progress and adapt the protocol where necessary;
- answer any questions or concerns that you may have;
- arrange retesting and and reassessment wherever necessary;
- provide informed and suitable referrals when needed.
How I Work
I offer a FREE 30 minute phone consultation to all new clients. This gives me the opportunity to assess your goals and needs and you the chance to understand the process and how we can work together to help you achieve your goals.
I consult with clients for many conditions and lifestyle issues, including:
- Low Energy
- Weight problems
- Immune Issues
- General health and nutrition advice
- Gut health
If you suffer from any of these conditions, or if you would like to learn how to use nutrition and health coaching to make positive changes in your life, please get in touch. I am friendly and approachable and my passion is to share the knowledge of my 4 years (and counting) of training in order to help you achieve your peak health and fitness.
In addition to offering 1:1 consultations, I also offer bespoke nutrition programmes, which can be viewed and purchased on the 'Programmes' page of my website.
Many of my clients are at a stage in their lives when maintaining their health is becoming paramount, whether due to illness, or simply because they want to maintain their fitness and well-being as they mature. Most of my clients are in the 40-60 age range, and have decided that this is a good time to start taking control of their own health through lifestyle and nutrition changes. Many others are concerned about specific health issues. They often become trapped in a cycle of trial and error, endless visits to healthcare practitioners, different advice and opinions, yet are still feeling unwell. My aim is to try help identify and address the underlying causes of their symptoms with laboratory testing, health strategies and drug-free natural protocols.
Other people come to me because of a desire to educate themselves and adopt lifelong health changes. It can be confusing trying to decipher the conflicting information that exists in the media and online and it is helpful to have a suitably qualified person who (with the added legal skills of analysing 'evidence') can separate fact from opinion and offer a more focused approach to helping them achieve their health and fitness goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
I graduated from the world-renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London (ION).
I am a Zest4life Practitioner and a registered member of BANT and CNHC, both of which require their members to maintain the highest standards of integrity, knowledge, competence and professionalism in the practice of Nutritional Therapy.
I am also an accredited AFMCP-UK Functional Medicine graduate, a certified GAPS practitioner and a Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
- Initial 30 minute phone consultation - FREE
- 1 hour 1:1 Nutritional Therapy consultation - £120
- Various packages adaptable to individual needs (see website)
- Bespoke programmes - Please visit the 'Programmes' page on my website
My practice is located an easy 5 minute walk from Maida Vale tube and 7 minute walk from st. John's Wood tube.
For drivers, I offer secure, off-street parking.
My practice is easily accessible to patients in wheelchairs, or with mobility difficulties.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30