Shannon Western MSc ANutr - Ditch Diets + Women's Health Nutritionist
Hey! I'm Shannon, and I'm so glad you found me.
I am a Registered Associate Nutritionist (ANutr) with a Masters in nutrition.
I help people with a difficult relationship to food, and people with women's health concerns.
My approach to helping people with their health
I offer a compassionate, health-first, person-centred approach to helping people reach their health desires.
The work we would do together is not a quick fix: It's about pulling down all the layers of what you think you should and shouldn't do, and finding what matters to you and what health practices you want to take up.
You are the expert of your own health - whilst I am a nutritionist with knowledge and experience in helping people with health concerns, you are in the driving seat.
Do you read any of these and thinks "that's me!"?
- "I wish I could just eat healthy."
- "I'm addicted to sugar/carbs/"unhealthy foods.""
- “I’m fed up of hopping on and off diets, and need tailored advice from a nutritionist with actual qualifications, instead of people selling quick fixes."
- "I just wish I could be the size I was 5 years ago. I really want to lose weight but nothing works. I'm so fed up of dieting!"
- "I just keep eating when I'm stressed out, lonely, or upset. I wish I had more coping tools..."
- "I eat really healthy for a few days, then I just seem to fall off the wagon."
- "I need to manage my health conditions, I've been told to lose weight.... But I've been trying to lose weight for years. I'm scared, fed up, and stressed out."
- "I have a list of foods I've been told to avoid for my health, but I've no clue if they are actually foods I need to avoid..... I need help to rebuild my health from the ground up."
- "I can't remember a time I've felt comfortable in my body - I've been in a losing battle with my body and food for a long time."
- "I want to get pregnant but I've been told the only solution is to diet and lose weight - I don't want to diet, I need your help.
I believe that you can eat a balanced diet that fits your taste preferences, lifestyle, and fits what you imagine healthy eating is. You can take up health behaviours without the pursuit of weight loss, which if you're like most people, usually ends up feeling overwhelmed with food and eating.
Services I offer
I primarily work with people with:
- Disordered eating (restriction, binge eating, overeating, emotional eating, compensatory behaviours e.g. over exercising and purging) to heal their relationship to food. I offer 4, 8, and 12 month support packages for this, which can seem like a long time, but on average I work with people for around 8 months in my clinic.
- Women's health conditions and concerns to build up a management strategy that is free from restrictions. I offer 3, 6, and 9 month support packages for these conditions.
A lot of the people I work with fall into both categories, so if that's you, please do get in touch. I am very interested to work with those with disordered eating and PC0S.
How to reach me
I would love to connect with you, and hear what support I could offer. My website provides more information on my services - www.shannonwesternnutrition.com.
Please do reach out via the enquiry button on this website, or you can head to my website and book a complimentary 15-minute call. The complimentary call is for you to ask me any questions, hear about my services and approach, and receive a breakdown on investment and my availability.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Human Nutrition, University of Aberdeen
- BSc (Hons) Biology, University of Stirling
- Body Image Healing for Clinicians Training
- Intuitive Eating and Non-Diet Approaches Training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Motivational Interviewing in Healthcare
- Extra training in Weight-Inclusive Nutrition Management for PCOS, IBS, High Cholesterol, NAFLD, Periods, and Fertility
- Experience in Helping People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, GERD, and Endometriosis.
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free initial telephone session
Are you ready to invest in yourself? No gimmicks, no more diet plans, and definitely no more being told what you can and can't do.
I offer support packages for relationship to food and women's health conditions. I offer 4, 8, and 12 month support for disordered eating. And 3, 6, and 9 month support for women's health concerns. On average, I meet with people 2-3 times per month.
On the complimentary discovery call, I will give my recommendation of which support option I think suits you most.
Everyone deserves access to support, so I can offer concessionary rates for students, those on low-incomes, or those in marginalised groups.
All investments are outlined upon enquiry. Fees range depending on the support you want/need.
I will do my best to fit you into my diary.
Working with me is flexible, you can fit sessions around your own schedule with my self-booking system.
Please note: I do not provide meal plans. The support I offer is personalised and longer term than you might be looking for. I don't tend to work with people for less than 3 month.
I tend to work only with people who want to heal their relationship with food and/or people with women's health conditions. I may be able to support with general nutrition, depending on my availability.
I'm active on social media!
@shannonwesternnutrition is where you will find information, tips, and reflections for healing your relationship to food and for women's health related content.