Shannon Western MSc ANutr - Relationship to food healing + women's health
I am a Registered Associate Nutritionist (ANutr) with a masters in nutrition. I work with people in my clinic to help them find their own version of healthy.
I'm interested in helping people with a whole range of health concerns, from disordered eating and emotional eating, to management of womens health conditions, heart health, and gut health.
I always offer a compassionate, science-based, approach to helping people with their food, health, and body concerns. The work we would do together is not a quick fix: It's about pulling down all the layers of what you think you should and shouldn't do, and finding what matters to you and what health practices you want to take up.
You are the expert of your own health - whilst I am a nutritionist with knowledge and experience in helping people with health concerns, you are in the driving seat.
If any of these sound like you, get in touch:
- "I wish I could just eat healthy."
- "I'm addicted to sugar/carbs/"unhealthy foods.""
- “I’m fed up of hopping on and off diets, and need tailored advice from a nutritionist with actual qualifications, instead of people selling quick fixes on social media."
- "I just wish I could be the size I was 5 years ago. I really want to lose weight but nothing works."
- "I just keep eating when I'm stressed out, lonely, or upset. I wish I had more coping tools..."
- "I eat really healthy for a few days, then I just seem to fall off the wagon."
- "I need to manage my health conditions, I've been told to lose weight.... But I've been trying to lose weight for years. I'm scared, fed up, and stressed out about my health conditions."
- "I have a list of foods I've been told to avoid for my health, but I've no clue if they are actually foods I need to avoid..... I need help to rebuild my health from the ground up."
- "I can't remember a time I've felt comfortable in my body - I've been in a losing battle with my body and food for a long time."
If any of the above statements are affecting you, or if you have any concerns that aren't mentioned, I would still love to hear from you. You can use the "message me" function, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Human Nutrition, University of Aberdeen
- BSc (Hons) Biology, University of Stirling
- Body Image Healing for clinicians training
- Intuitive Eating and non-diet approaches training
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Certificate in counselling skills
- Motivational interviewing
- Extra training in weight-inclusive nutrition management of PCOS, IBS, high cholesterol, NAFLD, periods, and fertility
- Experience in helping people with chronic fatigue syndrome and endometriosis
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Free initial telephone or online session
Prices & benefits will be outlined after your initial interest request.
I can offer discounted rates & aim to make fees accessible. Contact me via the "message me" button or via email at email@example.com to enquire.
Please get in touch - I will do my best to find a time that works for you.
I'm active on social media!
@shannonwesternnutrition is my account where I share general health information, all to help people improve disordered eating, emotional eating, body image.
@womenshealthnutritionist is where I share advice specifically about PC0S, endo-metriosis, periods, fertility, and all the symptoms + follow on conditions that come with these, e.g. gut health, hair, skin.