01183 219 533 / 07776 250 077
I am a degree qualified and functionally trained Nutritional Therapist (BSc (hons), mBANT, CNHC), Nutrigenetic counsellor, GAPS and gluten practitioner, writer and broadcaster practising near Reading in Berkshire. My core beliefs include:
1) Food can be both a powerful medicine or a slow poison.
2) The most powerful tools at your disposal for regaining and maintaining optimal health and well being are your food, lifestyle and environmental choices. You are more in control than you might imagine.
3) High quality supplementation is essential in certain situations but is not the focus of my interventions.
4) Any diagnostic testing and supplementation recommendations will be provided to you at cost. My impartiality is central to my practice.
5) Science should be the pursuit of the truth not consensus.
6) The health of your gastrointestinal tract tract plays a crucial role in the manifestation of disease.
7) Our food and environment have changed beyond recognition since the 1950s.
8) The current system of modern healthcare is unsustainable.
9) The person that knows the most about your health is you.
My areas of clinical focus are: gastrointestinal health, autoimmunity, gluten related disorders and longevity. I use a number of diagnostic functional tests (when appropriate) in order to help formulate the most appropriate personalised interventions for the client. Key laboratories include Cyrex (Cyrex Arrays), Dunwoody (AIMS food sensitivity testing) Doctors Data, Diagnostic Solutions (genetic stool testing) and Nordic Laboratories (DNA/genetic testing).
One of my key objectives, other than working with individuals on a one to one basis to achieve their health goals, is to run regular local events/seminars on specific health topics, contribute regularly to radio programmes (BBC Berkshire Radio (2 times per month on the ‘wellbeing’ slot on Thursday afternoons with Bill Buckley and every month on TalkRADIO on the breakfast show with Paul Ross)) and write a monthly health column for Round & About magazine. This means that I can hopefully start to influence the wider population with the concept that they really are far more in control of their health than they would ever imagine.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (hons) Nutritional Therapy - 1st Class Honours
- BA (hons) Business Finance - Upper 2nd Class
- Certified Gluten Practitioner
- Certified Gut & Psychology Syndrome Practitioner (GAPS)
- Nutrigenetic Counsellor
In my previous work life, I was the founder and CEO of a creative digital agency that I ran for 17 years, before selling as a going concern to a quoted company. This was a major lifestyle decision which has enabled me to obtain the skills that I require to pursue my enthusiasm and passion for nutrition, helping those that are interested to take control of their health and well being.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Anaemia *
- Anorexia nervosa *
- Balanced diet
- Binge eating disorder *
- Bulimia nervosa *
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eating disorders *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Skin health and conditions *
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
Please see my website for details on my pricing.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
|Other languages:||basic French|
No set times. I try to work around what times best suit you.