I am very lucky I LOVE being a Dietitian, it is one of the most diverse, interesting and satisfying jobs. I get to work with such a wide range of clients from home visits with chronic conditions to children with fussy eating habits. Lecturing to working with companies on healthy working lives, no two days are the same.
I work with many nutritional problems including IBS, IBD, Nutritional Support, Obesity, weight management, weight loss surgery, diabetes, heart disease.
I also offer nutritional advice and support with fussy eaters (children and adults), sports nutrition, preconception, pregnancy, breastfeeding, healthy eating/ living and nutritional assessment.
My specialist area of interest is IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), weight loss, obesity and weight loss surgery.
I provide training for schools, nurseries, care or nursing homes. I have also delivered training on behalf of the BDA and Strathclyde University.
I work with private companies advising on nutrition in the work place and help them work toward health living awards.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started my career at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Gateshead back in 2000 and with in 2 years had taken up a post in the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. My time in the Hospital was mainly working with Maternal health and helping mums with their nutrition in pregnancy. I moved in 2009 into Community Dietetic where I continue to work. I have also worked in public health roles for NHS 24. I currently split my role part time NHS and Freelance
I have a Bsc (Hons) in Nutrition and Dietetics from Glasgow Caledonian University, HCPC registered dietitian and active member of the BDA.
Recent qualifications include:
- Counterweight and Counterweight Plus training (licenced practioner)
- Qualification from Kings College London in Low Fodmap diet in Functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- BDA Professional development award in Behavioural Change
- Certificate in Sports Nutrition
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Cancer *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Infants and pre-school children
- Iron deficiency anaemia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Megaloblastic anaemia *
- Menopause *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Pregnancy and preconception
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Initial consultation is £100 per hour depending on time and resources
Follow review appointment is £65
Initial appointment takes around an hour, the price depends on what is required.
Initial appointment includes:
weight, height, body fat analysis and waist circumference if needed.
It includes verbal dietary assessment and diet plan
If IBS patient it includes resources if needed
It includes follow up by phone and email
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
You can call me anytime but my clinics are Saturday Paisley. The Nuffield Hospital Glasgow on a Monday and Tuesday at The Medical Suite at Blythswood Square Glasgow