Joanne Hart BSc (Hons), mBANT, CNHC. health & hart. Health and Sport
Welcome to Health & Hart!
Joanne Hart is a Registered Nutritional Therapist, Registered Nutritionist MBANT and Yoga Teacher who operates in Berkshire (e.g. Wokingham, Reading, Ascot, Bracknell, Windsor, Finchampstead, Woodley), and London.
Nutrition & Resilience Programmes for Professionals & Athletes.
Releasing your inner potential..
I work with people on a 1-1 basis, in groups in the community and do corporate work. People that work with me are looking to get advice for health, sport or motivation reasons.
Am I An Ideal Client?
You're an ideal client to work with me if you fit into one or more of these categories:
>> Health - You want nutrition and lifestyle advice to support your health, you may or may not be on medications.
>> Sport - you want optimum health to achieve peak performance in your sport, at whatever level.
>> Knowledge - You regard yourself as healthy but want more nutrition knowledge to improve performance at work or in sport.
>> You want some reassurance, advice, ideas or motivation, and expert advice.
I was awarded a First Class BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy degree from the University of Middlesex, (and have a BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Biochemical Eng. from Univ. Birmingham).
My training involved extensive clinical practice, additional sports nutrition modules, scientific laboratory testing and physiology modules. Alongside my clinic and corporate work, I was also a clinical supervisor of students' clinical practice for their degree.
Prior to my Nutritional Therapy career I trained in Neuro Linguistic programming (NLP), coached and mentored colleagues in the corporate world, then coached voluntarily for 2 years in America. I am Member of the Association for Coaching. These coaching skills alongside nutritional therapy help my clients make a change rather than just being told what to do.
I previously worked in IT (Mars), manufacturing (Dunlop) and engineering (BMW/Land Rover) fields for over 10 years. Alongside my one to one consultations I deliver corporate performance training in London and Berkshire. I work for myself and have worked with a team of medical doctors. I have delivered employee wellbeing at companies such as BMW, Microsoft and Bracknell and Wokingham college. I have also appeared on the BBC Berkshire Radio wellbeing panel with Bill Buckley.
How Will Nutritional Therapy Help Me?
Nutritional Therapy helps clients to reach their maximum health potential by applying nutrition science, this can involve foods, lifestyle suggestions, scientific testing and professional supplements. Digestion, problems, sleep, mood, energy, hormones, weight management and sports needs are a few of the areas addressed through nutritional therapy.
I offer a free 15 min call so that you can find out about how I work, and I can understand how I can best support you. You can request this via this page or my website.
I'm an Ideal Client, What Happens Next?
Please contact me via this website or website www.healthandhart.com
What Services Could be Offered as Part of a Programme?
- Food and dietary advice (always provided)
- Scientific test recommendations (Digestion stool, adrenal, metabolism, hormones, bloodwork)
- Stool testing (kit sent to your home)
- Genetic tests for sport and fitness
- Referral to GP or other health professionals
- Professional supplement recommendations
- Body measurements
- Exercise top tips
- Goal setting
Online consultations available:
Ideally we meet face-face first and then we can meet via Skype video or similar technology. Session 1 is usually 1h15min and then follow up sessions are up to 30 min or sometimes 60 min. This means that after session 1 many people find it easy to fit in a short conversation between meetings at work, before or after work or in between picking up the kids from school.
Location:I have a mobile clinic or work via video, we can agree a mutually convenient location.
Contact: Please include your phone number because often emails will go into junk or get rejected if you use a work email, and you won't know I have responded. When you get my email then a quick reply would be very useful, please then add me to your safe list.
>>The Ravenous Athlete - If you enjoy sports and want to hang out with like minded people, then join the free facebook group where Joanne posts nutrition tips and does live and recorded sessions. 'The Ravenous Athlete' on Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/Theravenousathlete
Training, qualifications & experience
The University of Middlesex BSc Nutritional Therapy degree was based on the Functional Medicine Model. Each year Joanne does CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and has a particular interest in functional sports nutrition, mental health, stress and digestive health.
Further Training in Sports Nutrition:
- Functional Sports Nutrition (CNELM): Overtraining/Biochemical Individuality/Injury and Illness, Fuel for Athletes, PNI - Ian Craig, Christine Bailey, Tom Fox et al.)
- Peak Performance (Dr. Justin Roberts, Jane Nodder, Annie-Lamberth Mansell).
- Nutrition & Sports Performance.
- Sports Nutrition Live (Ian Craig,Gleeson, Mike Gleeson, Pete Williams, Hannah Moir)
- Genetic testing (Nutrigenomics) for sport (Alessandro Ferreti, Craig Pickering et al.).
- Nuffield Health Fitness Academy (Mark Robertson et al.)
Further Training in Mental Health, Mind and Mood
- Mind/Body Nutrition - William Walsh
- Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
- Mindfulness (BWY)
- British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Teaching Diploma
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Neuro Linguistic Practitioner (Sue Knight)
Qualifications and Memberships
- BSc (Hons) First Class degree in Nutritional Therapy
- BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) Teaching Diploma and member of BWY.
- Member of the Association of Coaching (MAC)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Practitioner) Business Certificate Sue Knight
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Biochemical Engineering
- Member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and member of CNHC
- Member of the BANT Professional Practice Committee (PPC) 2014-2015
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- UK Athletics Run Leader
- ICO - Data protection registered
Please see feedback from a few of my happy clients with a range of goals and health interests, many more available on my website!
"As an exercise physiologist myself I always thought that I had enough knowledge to manage my nutrition alone, but at this level, I could not be further away from the truth. Even with my background Joanne gave me a substantial amount of advice on what to eat and how to combine nutrients. I would recommend Joanne to anyone who is involved in any kind of activity that aims to improve their health or their athletic ability. Thank you Joanne!"
Dr George Balanos, MSc, DPhil (Oxon), Exercise Physiologist
"After suffering a stress fracture through over training and under fuelling in 2017, I found Joanne and booked a 1-2-1 consultation to see if there was anything in my nutrition plan I could improve… as a sporty GP I thought I knew it all and was sceptical, but it turns out med school doesn’t teach you everything!" Kate Robinson, GP
''Joanne has worked with a number of clients for me, I’ve found her to be very professional and able to offer expertise as well as practical ideas. I am happy to recommend her and continue working with her". James Haskell (Rugby Player, England & Wasps)
"Joanne shows dedication towards enhancing the nutrition and well-being of others. Through the recommendations she makes with regard to sports nutrition this becomes a reality. Alongside her considerable scientific knowledge is her genuine desire to understand the needs of the individual. Her consultations provide food for thought and instils a desire to make positive changes. I thoroughly recommend her". Bev Callender, Olympic Athlete, Teacher & UK Athletics Coach
''I saw Joanne earlier this year for some nutritional advice. She was very thorough & took the time to understand my requirements. She offered lots of sound advice & useful hints & tips as to how to make sustainable & manageable changes. I have definitely seen & experienced the benefits of her wisdom! Thank you Joanne". Sarah Leach, Owner & Coach at STRIDE Coaching & Consulting
"I found maintaining a three day food diary a real eye opener - it really made me think about what I eat. The follow up and analysis session was great and gave me lots of simple ideas for improving my diet. Since then I have stuck to the changes and definitely feel better for it. Thank you for all your help and advice! I recently got a PB at Reading with a combination of new training, core work and the focus on my diet!" Dave Perret, Training for London marathon.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Photos & videos
£197 for 4 week programme.
Please contact me to get more details.
I deliver corporate work in the areas surrounding the Thames Valley, including London. I was employed at Mars (8 years), BMW/Land Rover and Dunlop so I am experienced in environments with multidisciplinary local and global teams such as I.T., engineering, occupational health, field sales, shift workers, scientific and commercial teams. When briefed I am sensitive to the needs of your organisation.
Writing and consultancy:
Available for writing and consultancy work.
I teach yoga classes in Wokingham, and workshops that combine yoga and nutrition. www.yogawithjo.com Yoga includes physical practice, meditation, breathing, relaxation and mindfulness. Everyone is welcome to attend the yoga class, please email to check for space.
I use my corporate and coaching skills to help people using voluntary organisations.
- Smartworks Reading (current) - Interview Coach for women seeking work.
- Bracknell and Wokingham College - Nutrition and yoga workshops.
- Working Wardrobes - California - Success Coach for vulnerable adults.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments. Adhoc workshops at weekends. Consultations at clinics, workplaces, meeting places and via Skype.