Joanne Hart BSc (Hons), mBANT, CNHC. health & hart. Health and Sport
Welcome to Health & Hart!
Nutrition & Resilience Programmes for Professionals & Athletes.
Releasing your inner potential...
Joanne Hart is a Registered Nutritional Therapist, Registered Nutritionist MBANT, Yoga Teacher and Map My Gut Practitioner who operates in Berkshire (e.g. Wokingham, Reading, Ascot, Windsor, Finchampstead, Woodley), and London. She has a First Class BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy degree from the University of Middlesex, (and an earlier degree in Chemical Engineering).
Joanne's training involved extensive clinical practice, additional optional sports nutrition modules, scientific laboratory testing and physiology modules. Alongside her clinic and corporate work, Joanne was also a clinical supervisor of students' clinical practice for their degree.
Prior to her Nutritional Therapy career Joanne trained in Neuro Linguistic programming (NLP), coached and mentored colleagues in the corporate world, then coached voluntarily for 2 years in America and is therefore registered as a Member of the Association for Coaching. These coaching skills alongside nutritional therapy help her clients make a change rather than just being told what to do.
Joanne previously worked in IT (Mars), manufacturing (Dunlop) and engineering (BMW/Land Rover) fields for over 10 years. Alongside her one to one consultations she now delivers corporate performance training in London and Berkshire. She works for herself and with a team of medical doctors. She has recently delivered employee wellbeing at companies such as BMW, Microsoft and Bracknell and Wokingham college.
How Will Nutritional Therapy Help Me?
Nutritional Therapy helps clients to reach their maximum health potential by applying nutrition science, this can involve foods, lifestyle suggestions, scientific testing and professional supplements. Digestion, problems, sleep, mood, energy, hormones, weight management and sports needs are a few of the areas addressed through nutritional therapy.
Am I An Ideal Client?
You are an ideal client to work with Joanne if you fit into one or more of these categories:
(i) Have heath issues and medication, seeking nutrition advice alongside.
(ii) Have health issues that are self managed or need self managing.
(iii) You regard yourself as healthy but want more nutrition knowledge to improve performance at work or in sport.
(iv) You want some reassurance, advice, ideas or motivation, and expert advice.
(v) You're looking for a programme of nutrition, yoga and/or coaching rather than one fast fix session.
I'm an Ideal Client, What Happens Next?
Please contact Joanne via this website or website www.healthandhart.com She will contact you so you can ask questions and you can both check that you're a good fit, if not she will do her best to refer you to another practitioner. The process is described on her website under 'Nutrition Programmes'
The Ravenous Athlete -If you enjoy sports and want to hang out with like minded people, then join the free facebook group where Joanne posts nutrition tips and does live and recorded sessions. 'The Ravenous Athlete' on facebook. www.facebook.com/groups/Theravenousathlete
What Services Could be Offered as Part of a Programme?
- Scientific test recommendations (Digestion stool, adrenal, metabolism, hormones, bloodwork)
- Stool testing (kit sent to your home)
- Genetic tests for sport and fitness
- Referral to GP or other health professionals
- Professional supplement recommendations
- Body measurements
- Exercise top tips
- Goal setting
CONTACT: Please include your phone number because often emails will go into junk or get rejected if you use a work email, and you won't know I have responded. When you get my email then a quick reply would be very useful, please then add me to your safe list.
Training, qualifications & experience
The University of Middlesex BSc Nutritional Therapy degree was based on the Functional Medicine Model. Each year Joanne does CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and has a particular interest in functional sports nutrition, mental health, stress and digestive health.
Further Training in Sports Nutrition:
- Functional Sports Nutrition (CNELM): Overtraining/Biochemical Individuality/Injury and Illness, Fuel for Athletes, PNI - Ian Craig, Christine Bailey, Tom Fox et al.)
- Peak Performance (Dr. Justin Roberts, Jane Nodder, Annie-Lamberth Mansell).
- Nutrition & Sports Performance.
- Sports Nutrition Live (Ian Craig,Gleeson, Mike Gleeson, Pete Williams, Hannah Moir)
- Genetic testing (Nutrigenomics) for sport (Alessandro Ferreti, Craig Pickering et al.).
- Nuffield Health Fitness Academy (Mark Robertson et al.)
Further Training in Mental Health, Mind and Mood
- Mind/Body Nutrition - William Walsh
- Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
- Mindfulness (BWY)
- British Wheel of Yoga (BWY) Teaching Diploma
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate
- Neuro Linguistic Practitioner (Sue Knight)
Qualifications and Memberships
- BSc (Hons) First Class degree in Nutritional Therapy
- BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) Teaching Diploma and member of BWY.
- Member of the Association of Coaching (MAC)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Practitioner) Business Certificate Sue Knight
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Biochemical Engineering
- Member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and member of CNHC
- Member of the BANT Professional Practice Committee (PPC) 2014-2015
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- UK Athletics Run Leader
- ICO - Data protection registered
Please see feedback from a few of my happy clients with a range of goals and health interests, many more available on my website!
''Joanne has worked with a number of clients for me, I’ve found her to be very professional and able to offer expertise as well as practical ideas. I am happy to recommend her and continue working with her". James Haskell (Rugby Player, England & Wasps)
"Joanne shows dedication towards enhancing the nutrition and well-being of others. Through the recommendations she makes with regard to sports nutrition this becomes a reality. Alongside her considerable scientific knowledge is her genuine desire to understand the needs of the individual. Her consultations provide food for thought and instils a desire to make positive changes. I thoroughly recommend her". Bev Callender, Olympic Athlete, Teacher & UK Athletics Coach
''I saw Joanne earlier this year for some nutritional advice. She was very thorough & took the time to understand my requirements. She offered lots of sound advice & useful hints & tips as to how to make sustainable & manageable changes. I have definitely seen & experienced the benefits of her wisdom! Thank you Joanne". Sarah Leach, Owner & Coach at STRIDE Coaching & Consulting
"I found maintaining a three day food diary a real eye opener - it really made me think about what I eat. The follow up and analysis session was great and gave me lots of simple ideas for improving my diet. Since then I have stuck to the changes and definitely feel better for it. Thank you for all your help and advice! I recently got a PB at Reading with a combination of new training, core work and the focus on my diet!" Dave Perret, Training for London marathon.
Areas of nutrition I deal with
- Adults and elderly adults
- Anaemia *
- Balanced diet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME *
- Coeliac disease *
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Constipation *
- Crohn's disease *
- Diabetes *
- Diarrhoea *
- Digestive problems *
- Eczema *
- Endometriosis *
- Fibromyalgia *
- Food allergy and food intolerance
- Healthy eating
- Healthy hair
- Heart disease *
- High blood pressure *
- High cholesterol *
- Hyperthyroidism *
- Hypothyroidism *
- Irritable bowel syndrome *
- Life stages
- Menopause *
- Migraine *
- Obesity *
- Osteoporosis *
- Polycystic ovary syndrome *
- Premenstrual syndrome *
- Psoriasis *
- Rosacea *
- Schoolchildren and teenagers
- Skin health and conditions *
- Sports nutrition
- Thyroid problems *
- Tiredness *
- Weight gain
- Weight management
- Women's nutrition
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Please contact me for details.
Registered with WPA Healthcare.
I deliver corporate work in the areas surrounding the Thames Valley, including London. I was employed at Mars (8 years), BMW/Land Rover and Dunlop so I am experienced in environments with multidisciplinary local and global teams such as I.T., engineering, occupational health, field sales, shift workers, scientific and commercial teams. When briefed I am sensitive to the needs of your organisation.
Writing and consultancy:
Available for writing and consultancy work.
I teach yoga classes in Wokingham, and workshops that combine yoga and nutrition. www.yogawithjo.com Yoga includes physical practice, meditation, breathing, relaxation and mindfulness. Everyone is welcome to attend the yoga class, please email to check for space.
I use my corporate and coaching skills to help people using voluntary organisations.
- Smartworks Reading (current) - Interview Coach for women seeking work.
- Bracknell and Wokingham College - Nutrition and yoga workshops.
- Working Wardrobes - California - Success Coach for vulnerable adults.
Type of session
|Online nutrition support:||Yes|
|Telephone nutrition support:||Yes|
|Face to face nutrition:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments. Adhoc workshops at weekends. Consultations at clinics, workplaces, meeting places and via Skype.